Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

Volquez threw against Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Milwaukee...where he walked 4 guys.

Wood had St Louis, Colorado, and San Diego, as well as Arizona and Houston. In those 5 games Wood had 5 walks total.

If you want to say Volquez is better eye candy, fine. Give me the guy that gets it done and has all year.

You know Volquez was an All-Star before he got hurt, right?

I'm glad both are on the Reds but only one of the two has the makings of an ace. We both know which one that is.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Volquez was an All-Star before he got hurt, right?

I'm glad both are on the Reds but only one of the two has the makings of an ace. We both know which one that is.

So was Jr...and Edmonds...

"Was an all-star", "the makings of an ace"....sure. However, right now for the divisional series you may want to consider a lefty that has pitched well all season. That's not even mentioning his impact at the plate.

Volquez threw against Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Milwaukee...where he walked 4 guys.

Wood had St Louis, Colorado, and San Diego, as well as Arizona and Houston. In those 5 games Wood had 5 walks total.

If you want to say Volquez is better eye candy, fine. Give me the guy that gets it done and has all year.

Can he eventually have better stuff, absolutely. But until he starts locating all pitches he is simply good for the eyes.

4 ERs in his last 21 2/3 innings...What a slouch...:rolleyes:

No. Not in the Majors anyway.

He's made one relief appearance since 2005. It was earlier this year in AAA. If I remember correctly him and somebody else shared a rehab start down in Louisville. So he knew what inning he's be going in. Giving him plenty of time to get ready. Pretty much like a start.

Travis Wood hasn't had a relief appearance since 2005 either.

Wow I was way off. Could've sworn I remember him coming in in relief, but obviously he hasn't. :lol:

So was Jr...and Edmonds...

"Was an all-star", "the makings of an ace"....sure. However, right now for the divisional series you may want to consider a lefty that has pitched well all season. That's not even mentioning his impact at the plate.

I think Wood should be in the playoff rotation. Just not over Volquez.

I'll take Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez and Bailey, in that order.

If we are matched up with the Phillies, then I would like to have Wood take Bailey's spot.

Volquez has electric stuff & needs to be in the top 3. I would also be fine with Cueto getting the #1 spot & moving Arroyo back to #2.