Track the Reds (2nd Half, Week 12)

LRCW

Oh, for God's sake. The way Rodriguez has been pitching, most everybody in the Reds lineup has no business in the game. He hit the ball as hard as any ball's been hit all night; he just got unlucky and hit it right at somebody.

He's 1-20 with 12 K's now in his career against him. Who else on the Reds has those kind of career numbers against him? Yeah, he hit it hard, and yeah, it was unlucky, but that doesn't change the fact that he should never have got the start.

And Bruce is far and away my favorite Reds player. I hate when Dusty sits him strictly because it's a lefty on the mound, but this particular lefty has absolutely owned Bruce. In a game with as much meaning as this, you'd think he'd go with the lineup that gives them the best chance to win. Unfortunately, that lineup tonight shouldn't include Bruce.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said the first time he didn't start against Wandy, theres a difference between the lefties Bruce started hitting HR's against and a guy like Wandy.

He's gotta learn sometime. Would you just have him not play in the playoffs against any lefties? Rest assured they'll all be a helluvalot better than Wandy Freakin' Rodriguez.

He's gotta learn sometime. Would you just have him not play in the playoffs against any lefties? Rest assured they'll all be a helluvalot better than Wandy Freakin' Rodriguez.

Who cares how good they are? It's about how he does against them. I can't imagine there are too many other leftys out there that he hits worse than Wandy.

Who cares how good they are? It's about how he does against them. I can't imagine there are too many other leftys out there that he hits worse than Wandy.

Well, until his little power surge before his rest period with the injury, there wasn't much difference in how he did against Rodriguez and how he did against any other random lefty. He'll never get better without experience.

Like who? Hamels sure isn't...

You're telling me that if you were drafting a team, you'd pick Rodriguez over Hamels? Wow.

The only lefties I can think of on playoff teams are Hamels, Richard, Zito, and Sanchez....I'd put Wandy right up with any of that group.

Not me. Not in a million years. Well, Zito maybe, but I can't see him making their playoff rotation.

You're telling me that if you were drafting a team, you'd pick Rodriguez over Hamels? Wow.

You need to read your own posts, apparently

Cole Hamels is not a 'helluvalot' better than Wandy Rodriguez. Neither are any of the other lefty starters Cincy will face in the playoffs.

Where did I say I'd rather draft Wandy if I was picking a team?