Texas schools rejects 4-year old because of Lesbian parents

Olivia's mother, Jill Harrison, told HLN's "Prime News" that was fine with her.

"I absolutely would not want her to partake in a school where they did not believe or condone the relationship that we have together," she said.

Sums up all I need to know. Move on. Someone had to go to the press about this and I would assume it is not St. Vincent's.

Agreed.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think Jesus said - Suffer the little Children to come to me. Did he add - but only if their parents are not living a sinful lifestyle? If he did, my translation has missed that.

Just to be clear though - it is NOT my belief that homosexuality is a sinful lifestyle, I was just using that as an example of other people's thinking.

Ever hear of Sodom and Gomorrah and what their lifestyle consisted of? What did God do about that?

I also think Jesus said - Suffer the little Children to come to me. Did he add - but only if their parents are not living a sinful lifestyle? If he did, my translation has missed that.

Just to be clear though - it is NOT my belief that homosexuality is a sinful lifestyle, I was just using that as an example of other people's thinking.

Would you care to explain your reasoning behind this statement?

Same reason most people send their children to private schools. Structure, discipline, and academics.

Personally, I would not give a darn about the structure, discipline and academics if their core values did not align with my own values. All of that would not mean anything if their belief system did not align with the same ones that I was living by or teaching my children. So, are you saying that most people send their children to schools regardless of whether they align with their core values and belief systems? Sorry, not buying it.

Personally, I would not give a darn about the structure, discipline and academics if their core values did not align with my own values. All of that would not mean anything if their belief system did not align with the same ones that I was living by or teaching my children. So, are you saying that most people send their children to schools regardless of whether they align with their core values and belief systems? Sorry, not buying it.

I'm saying there is a good portion of children in private Catholic or Christian schools that don't share their beliefs.

Don't care about a school's academics? Yeah, because that's not the reason they're there...:rolleyes: Give me a break.

It's a matter of degree. Catholic high schools have a good number of non-Catholic students. IMO their parents made that choice for academic reasons even if they do not agree entirely with the Catholic religion. If the Catholic religion said that all other religions are going to hell then that's probably not going to be the choice for them. In other words, they can put up with the differences as long as there are no show-stoppers. The perception (key word for any reactionaries) of better academics is worth it to them.

I would actually say the vast majority send their kids to school without worrying about belief systems, it's called the public school system.

While I disagree with the decision the school made on a variety of levels I certainly believe in the their right to make said decision being a private institution. It was also a little refreshing to see such a mature and intelligent response from the parents as well.

I would disagree with this.

The Bible is, however, VERY CLEAR on how we should treat people. Is this like refusing someone to come to church because they are a sinner?

Do the functioning alcoholics get to send their kids to this school?

The Bible is very clear about how difficult it is for rich people to go to heaven, too. Are they keeping the rich kids out? How do they know if the parents are benevolent or greedy?

Are any of the parents obese as a result of life choices, and are their kids not allowed to go?

What about smokers? Your body is a temple you know.

I agree with just about everything you've stated, Ace--except for the homosexuality not being a sin part. I don't understand how someone that seems so well-versed can miss that? Scripture actually is very clear that homosexuality is an act/lifestyle that is contrary to God's will.

I agree with just about everything you've stated, Ace--except for the homosexuality not being a sin part. I don't understand how someone that seems so well-versed can miss that? Scripture actually is very clear that homosexuality is an act/lifestyle that is contrary to God's will.

It is a position that was derived over a long period of time and much consternation. But as Woodsider said, it has a lot to do with genetics and consenting adults. I think Paul was the biggest contributor to the "sin" notion and with him there is also the cultural/historical context that you have consider. How were the Greeks treating young boys and what was going on with slaves, I think there is a lot more two it than just two men or two women who fall in love.

I am not saying that I am right, but where I finally ended up was that I was going to love people just the same and try to show them God's love and IF it were a sin, the Holy Spirit would do the convicting - no need for me to convict or for that matter condemn.