Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would cut Sheldon Williams now. He was garbage for the whole 5 minutes he was in the game, Scalabrine couldn't be that bad.

I said the exact same thing when the half 1st ended.

It sure did seem like a lot of calls went against the lakers... but that may just be me.

They shot 15 more FTs than the Celtics did. And as was said before, several were late in the game when the Lakers had to foul. The officials called it tight both ways.

The difference in this game was Rondo, plain and simple. Rondo made it happen and Allen's shooting took the home court advantage away from the Lakers.

NOTE TO LAKERS: You may want to box Rondo out and keep him off the boards.

Those referees were horrible last night. I really hope the rest of the series isn't going to be like this. It's hard to watch.

Big win for the Celtics though. I felt like they had to win this game and I'm not terribly surprised that they did.

They shot 15 more FTs than the Celtics did. And as was said before, several were late in the game when the Lakers had to foul. The officials called it tight both ways.

The difference in this game was Rondo, plain and simple. Rondo made it happen and Allen's shooting took the home court advantage away from the Lakers.

NOTE TO LAKERS: You may want to box Rondo out and keep him off the boards.

Ray Allen was unbelievable last night...at least in the first half.

I'm for the Celtics and I'm glad they now have home court advantage. However, I don't feel too good about the fact that the Celtics got a record-setting game by Ray Allen and a sublime performance by Rondo and still trailed in the 4th quarter. Especially given Kobe's foul trouble.

I'm for the Celtics and I'm glad they now have home court advantage. However, I don't feel too good about the fact that the Celtics got a record-setting game by Ray Allen and a sublime performance by Rondo and still trailed in the 4th quarter. Especially given Kobe's foul trouble.

They also got next to nothing from KG and Paul Pierce, so I'd say it evens out.

Has anyone seen Lamar Odom? Is he playing in the finals? :D

I believe both teams have some reason to be optimistic. Of course the things you listed, but also Lamar Odom's face has officially been put on a Milk Box. As I have said before, when he is on his game, the Lakers do not lose. Garnett and Pierce have not brought much either, but that may have more to do with who their counterparts are.

Anyone catch Phil Jackson's press conference after the game? For my money, he is must watch television every night.

They also got next to nothing from KG and Paul Pierce, so I'd say it evens out.

Has anyone seen Lamar Odom? Is he playing in the finals? :D

Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol have been it so far for the Lakers. Also, anyone stating that the Lakers are on the short end of the refereeing stick, are either homers or just don't understand the game.:idunno:

I wonder if Tubby is watching Rondo? The steals by this kid were amazing, but the foul on bryant as Rondo fell out of bounds was a bad call, but a great steal. Go Green!

I get to ref some camp games all this week, hope I make a 100% of my calls correct.

Refs blew calls both ways.

The refs took Kobe out of the game. If you don't think that affected how the Lakers did last night there is no point discussing last night refereeing. Didn't he end up playing the fewest minutes of the starters?

Pau is playing great but if the Lakers win(which is the only way he gets MVP) it will be because of Kobe. Last night's game proved that.

Rondo is the best bargain in the NBA(11 million/year, right?). He is a max guy easy. I look forward to seeing how great he can be without KG, Pierce and Ray Ray. As great as Rondo is playing and we all know he is carrying the Celtics, they are a great team and he has 3 Hall of Famers on the court with him as well. I love watching him play even though he wear puke green and went to UK. He is a true Ky boy and I love that.

The Lakers will win game 5.

Anybody else catch Paul Pierce yelling "we ain't coming back to LA" at the crowd in the closing seconds? I am sure Kobe has heard it by now. I bet he has it in an audio file playing on a loop on his ipod.

Perkins flopped. No way Pau pushed him down the way he fell with one hand. Perkins isn't that soft. Is he?

Any chance Gasol could be the Finals MVP if they win? I hope not, but he's had a good series so far and seems to be the biggest difference from the last time these two met IMO. He found his manhood somewhere over the last two years.

IMHO, the win the series and it will be because of Gasol.