June 7, 201016 yr I wonder if Tubby is watching Rondo? The steals by this kid were amazing, but the foul on bryant as Rondo fell out of bounds was a bad call, but a great steal. Go Green! I get to ref some camp games all this week, hope I make a 100% of my calls correct. In an interview I watched with the big 3, they said Rondo had a real attitude when he came in as a rookie and each of them had a hard time with him.
June 7, 201016 yr Refs blew calls both ways. The refs took Kobe out of the game. If you don't think that affected how the Lakers did last night there is no point discussing last night refereeing. Didn't he end up playing the fewest minutes of the starters? ? And the refs haven't taken the Celtics post players out of the game?
June 7, 201016 yr They shot 15 more FTs than the Celtics did. And as was said before, several were late in the game when the Lakers had to foul. The officials called it tight both ways. The difference in this game was Rondo, plain and simple. Rondo made it happen and Allen's shooting took the home court advantage away from the Lakers. NOTE TO LAKERS: You may want to box Rondo out and keep him off the boards. And the Lakers only shot 4 in the 4th quarter.
June 7, 201016 yr I know I'm a Celtics fan so my opinion is biased, but the out of bounds play actually legitimately looked to me like it went off Gasol and not KG.. Gasol's fingertips were inside KG's, so it was a tough call.. I didn't think there was anything that led me to believe it needed to be overturned, however. I thought it was close enough to being both that they couldn't overturn it.
June 7, 201016 yr And the refs haven't taken the Celtics post players out of the game? I thought it was a well known fact that the Celtics big guys were physical. Seems to me that when it comes to calling the fouls on the Celtics big guys they get it right. Kobe had 2 awful calls on him. Awful. What awful calls were made on the big guys?
June 8, 201016 yr Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol have been it so far for the Lakers. Also, anyone stating that the Lakers are on the short end of the refereeing stick, are either homers or just don't understand the game.:idunno: I didn't say anything about the Lakers getting shafted by the officials. I simply said they were awful in Game Two. And, they were.
June 8, 201016 yr I thought it was a well known fact that the Celtics big guys were physical. Seems to me that when it comes to calling the fouls on the Celtics big guys they get it right. Kobe had 2 awful calls on him. Awful. What awful calls were made on the big guys? There were a couple of calls when guarding the post before the ball was sent that way that should have been no calls. And I agree that two of Kobe's fouls were dubious at the very least.
June 8, 201016 yr There were a couple of calls when guarding the post before the ball was sent that way that should have been no calls. And I agree that two of Kobe's fouls were dubious at the very least. Just two of many dubious calls or non-calls. My prayer for tonight is good officials.
June 8, 201016 yr Just two of many dubious calls or non-calls. My prayer for tonight is good officials. Celtics had similar feelings about calls that went against them in the first half of the first game and limited Allen and Garnett's minutes.
June 8, 201016 yr Sorry Rondo is really really good SOMETIMES but he is not a max guy. He's getting pretty darn close....
June 8, 201016 yr He's getting pretty darn close.... He is getting REALLY close. If he isn't a "max guy", I want to know where the list ends.
June 8, 201016 yr Celtics had similar feelings about calls that went against them in the first half of the first game and limited Allen and Garnett's minutes. Allow me to clarify once more, the officials weren't calling in favor of anyone Sunday. They were just B-A-D! It's highly unusual for the league's marquee player to get multiple dubious fouls called to the point that it takes him out of the game to a large degree. Despite that, I don't feel like the officiating has been the least bit one-sided thus far. Just plain bad, that's all. Although they didn't favor anyone, they had a huge effect on the way the game was played. Personally, I'd prefer to see the Lakers and Celtics decide it on the court, playing basketball, not worried about which key player can get to the bench with 3 fouls first. Edited June 8, 201016 yr by 5wide
June 8, 201016 yr Sorry Rondo is really really good SOMETIMES but he is not a max guy. Could you really justify taking another PG over him now? I'm a huge CP3 guy, and was on the DWill is the best PG in the league, but I just can't justify either any more. Rondo can do it all and he dominates huge playoff games in ways that no other PG can now IMO. Long term I'd probably take Williams or Paul over him, but Rondo is a max money guy too if I'm a GM.
June 8, 201016 yr Could you really justify taking another PG over him now? I'm a huge CP3 guy, and was on the DWill is the best PG in the league, but I just can't justify either any more. Rondo can do it all and he dominates huge playoff games in ways that no other PG can now IMO. Long term I'd probably take Williams or Paul over him, but Rondo is a max money guy too if I'm a GM. I think you could justify taking another PG. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with taking Rondo, but he hasn't established himself as the no-brainer top guy at his position like Kobe or Lebron. I view the love for Rondo similar to what happens every year after the Cavs get eliminated...Kobe has a big game, topped off with some clutch play(s), and suddenly he's the best player again. Hard to argue since James is a spectator now. Similarly, it's hard to argue for the other PG's when they're at home and Rondo is playing great. But, if I want to justify someone else, all I have to require is someone who can shoot outside of 10 feet.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.