Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

^No matter where he's at I want LeBron to have a crack at the Lakers next year before Kobe gets too old. I want to see what the King is really made of.

I wish it would have taken place within the past three years. I think we can all agree that Kobe looks really old despite only being in his early 30s. He has played for 14 seasons now. Jordan won his 6th title in his 13th season and I am even including his two seasons of less than 20 games. By Jordan's last title run, you could see he was on his last legs, just as it looks Kobe is. I would imagine Kobe has put on a lot more mileage than Michael. As we have seen though, it is all about getting to the playoffs. I would expect Kobe will have to start taking off more games during the regular season.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still thinking Chicago. With a sign and trade for Bosh.

I'm not sure Lebron wants to finish his career in Jordan's shadow. Then again, maybe he relishes the thoughts of following in MJ's footsteps.

Personally, I think he should go to LA and just team up with Kobe. Forget playing against him, go there and win 4 or 5 more rings...we'll give you Artest and Odom in a sign-and-trade. :lol:

I'm not sure Lebron wants to finish his career in Jordan's shadow. Then again, maybe he relishes the thoughts of following in MJ's footsteps.

Personally, I think he should go to LA and just team up with Kobe. Forget playing against him, go there and win 4 or 5 more rings...we'll give you Artest and Odom in a sign-and-trade. :lol:

Sounds fair to me. I will even kick in the Lakers next 5 first round selections. :D If a deal like that were presented to Kobe, he would axe it in a second.

I don't think LeBron thinks he'd be in anyone's shadow. There are a whole new batch of fans now, and for the rest of LeBron's career many of the people in the stands will either not have seen MJ play alot or won't remember. He's got to win a title, but once he does he'd be fine IMO. Shaq and Kobe were fine in LA, The Big 3 are fine in Boston. They play so differently I don't think he'd have as many problems as Kobe or DWade would once Chicago fans actually saw how he plays on a daily basis.

I don't think LeBron thinks he'd be in anyone's shadow. There are a whole new batch of fans now, and for the rest of LeBron's career many of the people in the stands will either not have seen MJ play alot or won't remember. He's got to win a title, but once he does he'd be fine IMO. Shaq and Kobe were fine in LA, The Big 3 are fine in Boston. They play so differently I don't think he'd have as many problems as Kobe or DWade would once Chicago fans actually saw how he plays on a daily basis.

For starters, Boston and LA are a little different. They've been storied franchises dating way back. Chicago has never had significant success other than the Jordan years.

But, I'm not saying he won't be fine. I'm sure Bulls fans will love him. But, he'll never be the teams marquee legend. That opportunity is available in NYC, in the biggest market, with a storied franchise, whether they've won a lot of titles or not.

Also, in Chicago, he'd need multiple titles. And, if he came up short in a big game or two, then the pressure and comparisons to Jordan would only intensify.

I don't know, but I'm just not feeling Chicago. In all honesty, I haven't changed my opinion. I thought he would return to Cleveland and I still think that.

For starters, Boston and LA are a little different. They've been storied franchises dating way back. Chicago has never had significant success other than the Jordan years.

But, I'm not saying he won't be fine. I'm sure Bulls fans will love him. But, he'll never be the teams marquee legend. That opportunity is available in NYC, in the biggest market, with a storied franchise, whether they've won a lot of titles or not.

Also, in Chicago, he'd need multiple titles. And, if he came up short in a big game or two, then the pressure and comparisons to Jordan would only intensify.

I don't know, but I'm just not feeling Chicago. In all honesty, I haven't changed my opinion. I thought he would return to Cleveland and I still think that.

I think that works in his favor if he wins there. He could help turn the Bulls into a franchise that is at least worthy of mention with Boston and LA. He is always going to be chasing Jordan anyway, but he could move up the all-time player board by winning alot of titles. WIth DRose, Noah and a S&T for another Max Level guy they have a nucleus to contend for 8-10 years. You can't be afraid to play in Jordan's shadow if you're a guy like LeBron and fortunately for him I think his ego won't allow him to think like that. Lakers fans love Kobe, just like they loved Magic. If LBJ starts winning he will be the new flavor in town. Maybe they won't think he's better than Jordan, but that doesn't mean they won't give him love too.