Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

Featured Replies

Does anyone else love Rasheed Wallace's reactions all the time. I do. I really do.

 

If by love you mean hate then yes.

  • Replies 531
  • Views 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on Game 7?

 

The Lakers have looked shaky in crunch time a few times this series. How will they respond to the pressure of Game 7?

 

Can Boston get some production from the bench in the Staples Center?

 

I think Rondo has been a hindrance for Boston at times in this series. If he's not being effective, does Doc try to shake things up and go with a different lineup?

 

How will Kobe respond to this? He knows this is a chance to add a feather in his cap with a Game 7 win over the Lakers arch-rival. Sometimes he presses and tries to do too much. He can't do that tomorrow. He needs to toe the line between being aggressive, but not pressing. He can't get in one of those modes that stalls out LA's offense and reduces everyone else to spectators...typically, that doesn't just effect the offense, but the defense as well.

 

Boston has been their best, IMO, on the Sunday games when they've had three days rest without travel. That's not going to be the case Thursday. This has been a grinding series, and tomorrow will be the 3rd gam in 5 days. Will that be a factor?

If by love you mean hate then yes.

 

I didn't mind them that much when he was actually relevant. Now that he's a minimal role player, it's quite irritating, especially since it happens on every call he's involved in.

 

It seemed like the players started complaining a lot late in the game last night when it was obviously over. Interesting to me.

I didn't mind them that much when he was actually relevant. Now that he's a minimal role player, it's quite irritating, especially since it happens on every call he's involved in.

 

It seemed like the players started complaining a lot late in the game last night when it was obviously over. Interesting to me.

 

It's not just him they all do it, he takes it to another extreme sometimes. Kobe does it too and I hate it.. Really gets on my nerves.

It's not just him they all do it, he takes it to another extreme sometimes. Kobe does it too and I hate it.. Really gets on my nerves.

 

I agree. I think it's funny when people pick out one guy and complain about him complaining. Virtually every single player in the league does it. And, I'm with you, I don't like it.

 

One thing I've noticed, or at least it seems this way to me, is that guys will often complain more on plays where the ref got it right. I've seen Kobe, Pierce, etc, drive to the basket expecting to get fouled, but ultimately they don't. They'll get stripped or miss the shot or something, and then they'll throw their arms and complain to the officials. Then, later, it will clearly be a terrible call and they'll just man up and walk back down the court. I don't get it. If I'm complaining, I'm doing it when the call is bad.

 

The same with flopping. Pretty much every guy flops from time to time, but some guys get singled out more for it. The Lakers, Fisher and Gasol in particular, get criticized for it, but the Celtics have had their share of flops this series as well, from Ray Allen to KG.

The thing about Game 7 is all that other stuff melts away. Phil Jackson's streak after winning Game 1

 

Not meaning to pick apart your post, but if the Lakers win on Thursday, doesn't Phil still have that streak going for him?

 

I think we should make another thread and argue about how Phil Jackson is the best coach in the history of the game.

The same with flopping. Pretty much every guy flops from time to time, but some guys get singled out more for it. The Lakers, Fisher and Gasol in particular, get criticized for it, but the Celtics have had their share of flops this series as well, from Ray Allen to KG.

 

I think the reason that guys get singled out for it, especially Gasol, is because his are so completely blatant sometimes. I agree with you that all players flop from time to time, some just make it so much more obvious (Gasol).

 

And if you are talking about a flopper for the Celtics, I would give the nod too Pierce before KG and Allen get mentioned.

Not meaning to pick apart your post, but if the Lakers win on Thursday, doesn't Phil still have that streak going for him?

 

I think we should make another thread and argue about how Phil Jackson is the best coach in the history of the game.

 

Maybe best coach ever in any sport?

Not meaning to pick apart your post, but if the Lakers win on Thursday, doesn't Phil still have that streak going for him?

 

I think we should make another thread and argue about how Phil Jackson is the best coach in the history of the game.

 

If LA wins two streaks are kept, one is broken. If Boston does, its the other way around.

 

My point was that Game 7's are unique. To a large extent, everything that's happened prior to this game is meaningless. It all comes down to one game for all the marbles. It doesn't matter to Boston that they lost by 22 last night, nor does it matter to LA that they have yet to win 2 in a row against the Celtics in the series...it's just one game. This one game is all that matters.

 

Someone could start a thread, but I think it would be awfully difficult to argue contrary to Phil Jackson being placed at the top of the NBA coaching chain. His record speaks for itself. The only argument I've ever heard is that he had superior talent and anyone could win with what he had. Unfortunately for that argument, every coach on the list benefitted from rosters stacked with great players, HOFers and all-time greats. They all had great players. Phil just won more. It's as simple as that to me.

I think the reason that guys get singled out for it, especially Gasol, is because his are so completely blatant sometimes. I agree with you that all players flop from time to time, some just make it so much more obvious (Gasol).

 

And if you are talking about a flopper for the Celtics, I would give the nod too Pierce before KG and Allen get mentioned.

 

I pointed them out because they get a pass on flopping, but they do it too. Allen has tried it several times, some successfully, in this series. I don't have a problem with flopping...I have a problem with officials who reward it. Quit calling it and the players will quit doing it. If I can flop and help my team, I'm doing it. I don't fault them for it.

This game 7 is going to be huge. Throw everything out from the previous games. Expect to see alot of hustle, hard fouls, big shots and great defense. I think the Big 3, Rondo, Bryant and Gasol all bring their A game. The difference will be the role guys IMO. I think that Rasheed and Big Baby have to outplay or at least cancel out Bynum and Odom for the Celtics to have a chance.

Not meaning to pick apart your post, but if the Lakers win on Thursday, doesn't Phil still have that streak going for him?

 

I think we should make another thread and argue about how Phil Jackson is the best coach in the history of the game.

 

I would think that wouldn't be much of an argument.:cool:

 

 

 

He'll never be better than Red..........just kidding.....just kidding.:p

I think the Perkins injury will be too much for the Celtics to overcome(meaning I hope). Mentally and physically. But, it's game 7. Can't wait.

I think the Perkins injury will be too much for the Celtics to overcome(meaning I hope). Mentally and physically. But, it's game 7. Can't wait.

Rasheed Wallace is more than capable of filling the Perkins' void and maybe bring more to the table. Now who knows how his head will be screwed on tonight. I feel like the Celtics will rally behind the injury, though I hope I am wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.