Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

Featured Replies

After thinking about it, I can't fault Kobe tonight. He did everything he could, and had he not went off for a million points in the 3rd quarter this game would have looked like Game 6 from 2008.

  • Replies 531
  • Views 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see any way they would have won in 2008. This series may have been different, but in 2008 the Celtics were the much better team IMO. If for no other reason, I think Paul Pierce vs. Radmonovic was one of the biggest mismatches in NBA Finals history.

 

That just made me laugh out loud. I forgot about that. I am going to see if Kobe is at his press conference and watch Boondocks. See ya'll tomorrow.

Given your prediction history during The Finals, as a Celtic fan would you care to go ahead and predict the Lakers to win game 6? Please? :lol:

 

 

The Lakers will win game 6.

 

 

 

:lol::ylsuper:

Okay. You do know he missed his last 5 shots and was 13-22 at one point. How did everyone else on the team shoot?

 

Talk about high expectations.....

 

It is obvious that the Lakers play better when Kobe tries to get his teammates more involved. Four assists and four turnovers from Kobe is not going to cut it. Just like the 2 assists and 7 turnovers last game did not.

Either way a streak will end. Phil Jackson has never lost a series when he wins game 1. Boston has never lost a Finals series when they lead 3-2.

It is obvious that the Lakers play better when Kobe tries to get his teammates more involved. Four assists and four turnovers from Kobe is not going to cut it. Just like the 2 assists and 7 turnovers last game did not.

The problem last night was not Kobe failing to get his teammates involved. He was on a roll and he kept getting the ball and rightfully so. The problem was when Kobe went on his scoring spree, the Lakers could not stop the Celtics. They were just trading baskets. It is honestly a miracle they even had a chance to steal the game in the final minutes. Had the refs not missed the shot failing to hit the rim and Artest missing both FTs, who knows what happens (how did Fisher win that tip again? Oh yeah, and did I mention I dislike Nate Robinson.)?

The problem last night was not Kobe failing to get his teammates involved. He was on a roll and he kept getting the ball and rightfully so. The problem was when Kobe went on his scoring spree, the Lakers could not stop the Celtics. They were just trading baskets. It is honestly a miracle they even had a chance to steal the game in the final minutes. Had the refs not missed the shot failing to hit the rim and Artest missing both FTs, who knows what happens (how did Fisher win that tip again? Oh yeah, and did I mention I dislike Nate Robinson.)?

Kobe was on fire. However, one of the reasons they couldn't stop Boston was that Kobe wasn't playin any D either, plus Artest was having severe problems with Pierce.

It's a shame Bynum can't stay healthy because I have a feeling the Lakers would be going for the 3 peat this year.

 

Hold on, didn't LA lose in 6 games in 2008? And didn't they lose game 6 by 39 points? Sorry, I don't think they were beating the 2008 Celtics. A 20 year old Andrew Bynum wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

The problem last night was not Kobe failing to get his teammates involved. He was on a roll and he kept getting the ball and rightfully so. The problem was when Kobe went on his scoring spree, the Lakers could not stop the Celtics. They were just trading baskets. It is honestly a miracle they even had a chance to steal the game in the final minutes. Had the refs not missed the shot failing to hit the rim and Artest missing both FTs, who knows what happens (how did Fisher win that tip again? Oh yeah, and did I mention I dislike Nate Robinson.)?

 

True about the Lakers not being able to stop the Celtics, and you missed my first post 375. Key was the Lakers poor defense and the Celitcs were getting much better looks at the basket than Kobe was for sure. False, Allen's shot did graze the rim. You can play the what if game to no end. Bottom line is a one point loss is the same as a 10 point loss.

Hold on, didn't LA lose in 6 games in 2008? And didn't they lose game 6 by 39 points? Sorry, I don't think they were beating the 2008 Celtics. A 20 year old Andrew Bynum wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

 

I agree. Boston was clearly better in '08. Not this time around though. Bynum's health is a big factor this time. However, the Lakers have enough to beat them with Bynum at less than 100%, IMO.

 

I was hoping the Lakers could steal 2 in Boston, but all I truly wanted was to get back to LA. They did that, thanks to Derek Fisher.

 

I think this series is still very much up for grabs. LA, like most teams, plays better at home, so I expect them to play better tonight. Boston's best basketball has come on the Sunday games with three days rest. Not a surprise for an older team.

 

I'm interested to see how they respond tonight with one day off and a cross country flight behind them. Both teams looked ragged in that scenario in Game Three and it allowed the Lakers to steal a game. But, Kobe shot about as bad as I've ever seen. Will both teams struggle again, and will it allow Boston to close it out? Or will home court and facing elimination give LA the boost it needs to overcome the jet lag?

 

A lot of questions to be answered...can Boston keep the momentum they established in Games 4 and 5, or will the home court turn things around for LA? Will Boston's bench produce in the Staples Center?

 

I think the Lakers will win tonight. Then, it all comes down to one game...all the streaks and momentum and everything else won't mean a thing. One game to decide it all.

 

But, I'll discuss that if necessary. The Lakers have to get the job done to get there.

Kobe was on fire. However, one of the reasons they couldn't stop Boston was that Kobe wasn't playin any D either, plus Artest was having severe problems with Pierce.

 

Kobe's defensive lapses really hurt the Lakers at times, IMO. I think he's much better when he's forced to defend a good player on the ball...when LA tries to give him easy assignments to let him roam, sure he'll make a few spectacular plays on occasion, but more often he gets out of position and allows an easy basket or a second chance. His performance and the team's overall defense is better, when Kobe is challenged to defend a scorer.

Kobe's defensive lapses really hurt the Lakers at times, IMO. I think he's much better when he's forced to defend a good player on the ball...when LA tries to give him easy assignments to let him roam, sure he'll make a few spectacular plays on occasion, but more often he gets out of position and allows an easy basket or a second chance. His performance and the team's overall defense is better, when Kobe is challenged to defend a scorer.

 

I agree with this but I think fatigue is the main factor.

Kobe's defensive lapses really hurt the Lakers at times, IMO. I think he's much better when he's forced to defend a good player on the ball...when LA tries to give him easy assignments to let him roam, sure he'll make a few spectacular plays on occasion, but more often he gets out of position and allows an easy basket or a second chance. His performance and the team's overall defense is better, when Kobe is challenged to defend a scorer.

 

Kobe's on the ball defense is a deterrent to his offense. The Lakers couldn't afford for him to waste any energy on offense the other night IMO, they would have got run off the court without his shooting.

Can someone please post some updates. We're not getting the game because our local decided to cover a thunderstorm!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.