Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

Featured Replies

Rasheed Wallace is more than capable of filling the Perkins' void and maybe bring more to the table. Now who knows how his head will be screwed on tonight. I feel like the Celtics will rally behind the injury, though I hope I am wrong.

 

I think they'll definitely have more pep in their step. Foul trouble would be horrible for them though, no playoff team should ever have to put Sheldon or Scalabrine in the game. I'm convinced the Celtics would be better off playing 4 on 5, and I'm only half kidding.

  • Replies 531
  • Views 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The absence of Perkins allows Odom to be a bigger threat and play the kind of game that he likes.

I'm with bugatti. The Celtics are a veteran, mentally tough team...the Perkins injury isn't going to beat them in that regard. It could very well be the difference in a close game because the Lakers advantage in the paint only increases with him out of the lineup. However, in a one-game scenario, it's quite possible that Rasheed Wallace could give them more than Perkins ever could. Rasheed scares me a little because if he's shooting well he completely changes the way this series has been played. He draws a big out to the three point line and opens things up in the paint for Boston. That could open things up for Rondo to have a big game, IMO.

 

I think Rasheed has to be the guy to step in and start, with Big Baby bringing energy from the bench. I'm afaid Rasheed might find some rhythm with more playing time. Thus far, he plays sporadically and I think that contributes to his poor shooting. Plus, the guy has been here before. I don't think he's intimidated at all by the moment. Of course, one call could have him out of the game. You never know with him.

 

Rasheed Wallace could make or break this game either way.

 

On the upside, I think LA, especially if Bynum can give them something, has a tremendous advantage in the paint and on the boards with Perkins out. That is, if they bring the focus and energy that is necessary.

The absence of Perkins allows Odom to be a bigger threat and play the kind of game that he likes.

 

I hope Odom plays well, but at this point, I have little confidence in him. Big Baby has outplayed him for the most part. Hopefully, tonight will be different, but after 6 games, I see no reason to expect it.

 

I'm hoping Artest will play well on offense again. My fear is it will eventually be Kobe firing away trying to outscore Boston himself while Gasol is too passive and the rest of the team forgets to show up.

I'm with bugatti. The Celtics are a veteran, mentally tough team...the Perkins injury isn't going to beat them in that regard. It could very well be the difference in a close game because the Lakers advantage in the paint only increases with him out of the lineup. However, in a one-game scenario, it's quite possible that Rasheed Wallace could give them more than Perkins ever could. Rasheed scares me a little because if he's shooting well he completely changes the way this series has been played. He draws a big out to the three point line and opens things up in the paint for Boston. That could open things up for Rondo to have a big game, IMO.

 

I think Rasheed has to be the guy to step in and start, with Big Baby bringing energy from the bench. I'm afaid Rasheed might find some rhythm with more playing time. Thus far, he plays sporadically and I think that contributes to his poor shooting. Plus, the guy has been here before. I don't think he's intimidated at all by the moment. Of course, one call could have him out of the game. You never know with him.

 

Rasheed Wallace could make or break this game either way.

 

On the upside, I think LA, especially if Bynum can give them something, has a tremendous advantage in the paint and on the boards with Perkins out. That is, if they bring the focus and energy that is necessary.

 

Sheed has to stay out of foul trouble. He has been very foul prone this series.

Sheed has to stay out of foul trouble. He has been very foul prone this series.

 

Yeah, if he gets in foul trouble, Boston is behind the 8-ball, unless Big Baby can play out of his mind one more time. Shelden Williams...well, I can't really add anything to what you've already said. :lol:

 

However, if Bynum can't give LA anything, the Celtics won't be in that bad of a pickle without Wallace. KG can play Gasol and Davis has been better than Odom for most of this series.

 

However, if Bynum can't give LA anything, the Celtics won't be in that bad of a pickle without Wallace. KG can play Gasol and Davis has been better than Odom for most of this series.

That is the thing many people keep ignoring. Bynum has been barely able to move since the first game. It is not as if the Lakers were coming in with a huge advantage in that respect.
That is the thing many people keep ignoring. Bynum has been barely able to move since the first game. It is not as if the Lakers were coming in with a huge advantage in that respect.

 

Personally, I think it's more about the fact that an advantage for the Celtics has been negated.

Kobe needs to settle down a bit.

 

Just a bit? I've never seen him force so many shots. Artest is keeping them in this game so far.

Artest isn't being shy tonight. I like the Celts chances if he continues to chuck up bricks.

Stripes doing their best to impact the title. Hate the ticky tack crap on both sides...

Stripes doing their best to impact the title. Hate the ticky tack crap on both sides...

 

You think they'd let em play a little.. I mean, this is for the championship and all.

A double T might be the dumbest call in all of sports.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.