Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 531
  • Views 43.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From one bad game come on now. He's got 15 rebounds he's doing other things to help win.

 

How many bad games did Jordan have in the Finals? He played his best in close out games.

The Lakers winning told me how much I no longer care about the NBA. There was a time this would have really upset me. I have always despised the Lakers, and I've made no secret about not being a Kobe fan, though I no longer flat dislike him. And yet, here I am, not caring that they just won a second straight championship. Congrats L.A.

My team won and I am still mad. That did not look like a championship team. How they won is beyond me. I am happy for Ron Artest though. Disgusted. Maybe I am just tired.

My team won and I am still mad. That did not look like a championship team. How they won is beyond me. I am happy for Ron Artest though. Disgusted. Maybe I am just tired.

 

Mad and disgusted? It was poorly played but c'mon man. They are champs!! It was ugly and hard fought, I don't think the offensive struggles in Game 7 diminish the title in ANY way.

It was a great defensive ballgame with everyone playing extremely hard. It wasnt pretty but a lot of times that's playoff basketball. What was not to like. Gesh you guys are hard to please.

Lakers win the NBA title, Yankees win the World Series... If only the Cowboys had won the Superbowl... Geez ! Just awful...

Mad and disgusted? It was poorly played but c'mon man. They are champs!! It was ugly and hard fought, I don't think the offensive struggles in Game 7 diminish the title in ANY way.

 

It was a great defensive ballgame with everyone playing extremely hard. It wasnt pretty but a lot of times that's playoff basketball. What was not to like. Gesh you guys are hard to please.

 

Yeah. I think I am tired. Long long day. I am not a fan of defensive struggles. I feel more like the Celtics gave it away as opposed to the Lakers winning it. Good series. Glad my team won. Glad all my obnoxious Celtic facebook friends will leave my page alone now also. This win will feel better each day.

What can you say about game 7? It was a defensive, low scoring game and I loved it. If you would have said Boston would have a 2point lead going into the 4th quater of game 7 in the Finals two months ago every Boston fan, and probably coach & player would have taken it.

 

LA showed why they were the best team in the NBA this season. They shot (possibly historically) awful from the floor, didn't take advantage of Perkins being out after the 1st quarter, had the worst shooting performance of Kobe's career and still pulled it off. I don't know if the Celtics gave it away, to me the Lakers were clearly the better team of the two and I thought the Celtics could steal the series by toughness and a little luck. Their luck ran out and the better team won IMO.

What can you say about game 7? It was a defensive, low scoring game and I loved it. If you would have said Boston would have a 2point lead going into the 4th quater of game 7 in the Finals two months ago every Boston fan, and probably coach & player would have taken it.

 

LA showed why they were the best team in the NBA this season. They shot (possibly historically) awful from the floor, didn't take advantage of Perkins being out after the 1st quarter, had the worst shooting performance of Kobe's career and still pulled it off. I don't know if the Celtics gave it away, to me the Lakers were clearly the better team of the two and I thought the Celtics could steal the series by toughness and a little luck. Their luck ran out and the better team won IMO.

 

:thumb:

 

I really enjoyed the game. I'm not always big on defensive struggles, but the way those two teams competed was entertaining to me. I thought the stripes let 'em play for the most part and I'm glad they did.

 

Like you, I felt like LA was the better team, but I didn't know if they were going to pull it out.

 

Kobe struggled offensively, but he did a lot of other things. He played excellent defense all night. That team defense is ultimately what won this thing for LA. They absolutely locked Boston down down the stretch.

 

How huge was Ron Artest last night and Tuesday? No way LA wins this series without his contribution. He outplayed Pierce in the last two games. I can't say enough about what he was able to do. That three to answer Rasheed's late in the fourth was the second biggest shot of the game...

 

...which brings me to the biggest. I thought Fisher's three to tie it early in the fourth was the most important shot of the game for the Lakers. I never felt like they would win that game until that shot. It seemed that the Lakers were clinging to keep things together at times just by the sheer force of their will. Fisher's three got them even, and I think it relaxed the team a little and gave them confidence. Seeing a guy who is known for his clutch play drain a big shot gives everyone confidence, IMO.

 

Gasol came up big. And, although the stats aren't great, I thought that was Lamar Odom's best game of the series.

 

That game was going to be a bitter pill for the loser either way. Boston blew a double-digit second half lead. The Lakers missed a ton of FT's that could have been the difference.

 

It wasn't pretty. It reminded me a little of the Bulls/Knicks battles in the '90's. But, it was entertaining to me.

 

Give Ray Allen a lot of credit. He defended Kobe (with help, of course) as good as anyone could hope for. I think the big stage overcame Kobe with regards to his offense, but I give him a lot of credit for not letting that affect the rest of his game. To shoot 32.5% and win the game tells you all you need to know about LA's defense and rebounding.

 

Hopefully they can come back and do it again next year. Beating Boston in a series like this has to give this team even more confidence. That was the last unknown about this LA team. Could they win a tough, physical series against this Boston team?

^No matter where he's at I want LeBron to have a crack at the Lakers next year before Kobe gets too old. I want to see what the King is really made of.

^No matter where he's at I want LeBron to have a crack at the Lakers next year before Kobe gets too old. I want to see what the King is really made of.

 

I've given up. I've been hoping for a Kobe v. Lebron finals for two years now.

 

But, I'm with you. I'd like to see it.

 

I think Lebron ends up in NY or Cleveland.

I've given up. I've been hoping for a Kobe v. Lebron finals for two years now.

 

But, I'm with you. I'd like to see it.

 

I think Lebron ends up in NY or Cleveland.

 

I'm still thinking Chicago. With a sign and trade for Bosh.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.