Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NBA Finals (Celtics vs Lakers)

Featured Replies

Lakers were the tougher team last night. They also played better D than the Celtics. I was off on my prediction for sure. Bynum made an impact early when they hadn't gotten much out of him lately. And Kobe was well, Kobe. Celtics looked a little old last night. Without Ray Allen on offensively they are not effective.

  • Replies 531
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you sure you're talking to the right person? I'm trying to figure out where I said Lebron wasn't great. All I could find was something along the lines of Lebron is and has been the best player in the league for 3 years.

 

You can discount the regular season if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Cavs have had the top record in the league two years in a row and didn't make the finals.

 

Lebrons's performance against Orlando in the playoffs last year was amazing. But, he's not always that good. Everybody remembers that 45 point Game 7 where he singlehandedly push Boston to the brink. What you don't hear about is that through the first 4 games of that series, Lebron shot 25.6% and averaged 18.8 ppg. Ironically enough, Cleveland won two of those games. He played better in the final three games. But, I can only wonder if Cleveland might have won that series had Lebron not gone 2 of 18 in a 76-72 loss in Game Two.

 

Certainly, he's had some great playoff moments. But, he's also had some perplexing performances, IMO. As I said, Kobe's post-season success and ability in the clutch brings this argument back every year. And, there's some validity to it in a league that has so many games decided in the final 5 minutes.

 

More often than not LeBron is lights out in the playoffs. 4 game stretch in the Boston series a few years ago? Well Kobe had a poor 4 game stretch this post season against OKC.

More often than not LeBron is lights out in the playoffs. 4 game stretch in the Boston series a few years ago? Well Kobe had a poor 4 game stretch this post season against OKC.

 

It makes a difference when your team wins.

 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree? That Lebron is the best player in the league? :idunno:

 

Sorry, but I'm not giving him credit for being a clutch player until he proves it.

 

You can say what you want...Lebron doesn't have the coach, the supporting cast, etc...and maybe that's true. But, then again, you won't make any excuses for Lebron.:sssh:

 

Kobe did play a strange game against Phoenix. Of course, it was a huge surprise that the Lakers got a 3-1 lead, and it wasn't that big of a shock that Phoenix came back. And, Kobe dropped 50 in Game Six and got criticized endlessly for ball-hogging. Bottom line is, against Phoenix, Kobe's supporting cast played over their heads early in that series and allowed them to surprise the Suns, as it went on, they came back to earth and the Lakers couldn't seal the deal. I think Kobe realized the Game Six in LA was their chance to steal that series, so he tried to carry them and couldn't get it done. In Game 7 in Phoenix, I think he knew he needed help. Of course, hardly shooting at all may have been a little extreme.

It makes a difference when your team wins.

 

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree? That Lebron is the best player in the league? :idunno:

 

Sorry, but I'm not giving him credit for being a clutch player until he proves it.

 

You can say what you want...Lebron doesn't have the coach, the supporting cast, etc...and maybe that's true. But, then again, you won't make any excuses for Lebron.:sssh:

 

Kobe did play a strange game against Phoenix. Of course, it was a huge surprise that the Lakers got a 3-1 lead, and it wasn't that big of a shock that Phoenix came back. And, Kobe dropped 50 in Game Six and got criticized endlessly for ball-hogging. Bottom line is, against Phoenix, Kobe's supporting cast played over their heads early in that series and allowed them to surprise the Suns, as it went on, they came back to earth and the Lakers couldn't seal the deal. I think Kobe realized the Game Six in LA was their chance to steal that series, so he tried to carry them and couldn't get it done. In Game 7 in Phoenix, I think he knew he needed help. Of course, hardly shooting at all may have been a little extreme.

 

I'm not making excuses for him at all. Only a fool would think that a 38 year old Shaq, Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison come close to matching what Gasol, Odom and Artest (not to mention Bynum) give Kobe. Only a fool would think that.

 

Yeah Kobe's came in wins, if the Lakers don't win the title they have no one to blame than themselves. They have the most talented roster in the NBA, and they have championship experience. Forgive me if I'm not shocked that they could beat the Thunder....WOW!!!

 

LeBron's supporting cast is not great, but it's not awful either. I think that if even with Mike Brown's coaching and their inability to match a team like LA or Boston in overall talent, LeBron should be good enough to give them a shot. An aggressive LeBron improves everyone on his team that much. But on paper they should not be able to beat either team, and we all know it.

 

LeBron's not clutch though :lol:. Every season that the Cavs have lost besides this one, it has only been because of LeBron that they had a chance to be in the series. LeBron against the Pistons is unmatched when you look at who was on his team and the success Detroit had in that span of time. Against the Celtics, with any help he would have won. Kobe doesn't have to get 40 for the Lakers to win, against good teams in the playoffs LeBron has in the past. Against the Magic what else could he have done? 50, 20 and 18?

 

LeBron has played 7 seasons and the best teammate he has had has been Mo Williams. The worst #2 guy that Kobe has had is Lamar Odom, who is much better than Mo IMO. What else could he have done that would satisfy you? At what point in time the last few seasons, excluding this year's Celtics series could he have done more? Name one series and not individual games, because even the God that is Kobe Bryant has a poor game and even poor series in the playoffs from time to time.

This is the same garbage people said about MJ and probably Wilt. Anytime it takes someone a while to get over the hump, people act like they're choke-artist. No matter what the record says, no one could honestly say that in any of LBJ's 7 years in Cleveland have they been the most talented, or well coached or most complete team in the League. In the regular season a great player can carry you a long way because teams aren't preparing for you like they do in a 7 game series and Cleveland is one of the few NBA teams that actually brought it almost every game in the regular season. Boston and LA took some time off to get healthy.

I think it looks like the Lakers have the upper hand in the series matchup wise, but I don't buy much into that stat. I guess I just think it could be broken at some point, it is very impressive though no doubt.

 

And would it kill Kobe to smile a little bit? I love the drive and determination but he's turning into MJ right now and not in the good way. I usually like to hear him talk about the game but he's just been a grump lately. Have some fun man.

 

He can smile when it's over. The Lakers are really tough when Kobe the Grump is on the scene. I love it.

^ Agreed. Nothing wrong with Kobe keeping his game face at all times. Especially when Chris Rock is sitting next to you trying to joke on the bench. If Kobe not smiling helps them get a title, then why should he smile.

^ Agreed. Nothing wrong with Kobe keeping his game face at all times. Especially when Chris Rock is sitting next to you trying to joke on the bench. If Kobe not smiling helps them get a title, then why should he smile.

 

I love it in the games, the scene with Chris Rock was hilarious.

I'm not making excuses for him at all. Only a fool would think that a 38 year old Shaq, Mo Williams and Antawn Jamison come close to matching what Gasol, Odom and Artest (not to mention Bynum) give Kobe. Only a fool would think that.

 

Yeah Kobe's came in wins, if the Lakers don't win the title they have no one to blame than themselves. They have the most talented roster in the NBA, and they have championship experience. Forgive me if I'm not shocked that they could beat the Thunder....WOW!!!

 

LeBron's supporting cast is not great, but it's not awful either. I think that if even with Mike Brown's coaching and their inability to match a team like LA or Boston in overall talent, LeBron should be good enough to give them a shot. An aggressive LeBron improves everyone on his team that much. But on paper they should not be able to beat either team, and we all know it.

 

LeBron's not clutch though :lol:. Every season that the Cavs have lost besides this one, it has only been because of LeBron that they had a chance to be in the series. LeBron against the Pistons is unmatched when you look at who was on his team and the success Detroit had in that span of time. Against the Celtics, with any help he would have won. Kobe doesn't have to get 40 for the Lakers to win, against good teams in the playoffs LeBron has in the past. Against the Magic what else could he have done? 50, 20 and 18?

 

LeBron has played 7 seasons and the best teammate he has had has been Mo Williams. The worst #2 guy that Kobe has had is Lamar Odom, who is much better than Mo IMO. What else could he have done that would satisfy you? At what point in time the last few seasons, excluding this year's Celtics series could he have done more? Name one series and not individual games, because even the God that is Kobe Bryant has a poor game and even poor series in the playoffs from time to time.

 

I seriously don't undestand your ire. Can I state once again that I said Lebron is the best player in the league. I find it more than humorous you make a comment about obnoxious Kobe fans and then come back with something like that last sentence. Pot meet kettle.

 

The poor teammate excuse didn't fly for Kobe after Shaq left...why should it fly for Lebron?

 

Is Lebron's supporting cast better now or when they went to the finals? Only a fool would think it isn't better now. Only a fool, as you would say. I suppose Lebron could have lead his team back to the finals, considering he did it with a worse supporting cast. Perhaps Kobe fans recognize the double standard...Lebron gets all the credit for "carrying" the poor, hapless Cavs to a finals appearance, but none of the blame when they can't get back there with a far, far better roster, that was good enough to post the league's best record two years in a row.

 

On the other hand, Kobe couldn't win without Shaq. Got ripped for the lack of help excuse. And, now he only wins because he's got Gasol and a better supporting cast.

 

You don't get it both ways. If the King can get to the finals by himself, he sure ought to be able to with just a little help. One would think. Then again, perhaps he just got lucky. And, certainly he deserves a little criticism for laying down on the best team he's had in Cleveland. And, can we stop comparing Lebron this year vs. Boston to Kobe's game 7 in Phoenix. Some similarity, yes. Lebron laid down in multiple games on a team that secured home court advantage for the entire playoffs. Kobe played one bad game on a team that had pushed Phoenix farther than expected as a #7 seed.

 

Anyway, I'm done debating Lebron v. Kobe. Lebron is the better player, and has been for at least 3 years. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'd rather focus on Kobe's run for a fifth ring, and securing his Laker legacy by putting a finals win against Boston on his resume, instead of rehashing Lebron's regular season successes and post-season shortcomings. We'll get back to it soon enough I'm certain.

This is the same garbage people said about MJ and probably Wilt. Anytime it takes someone a while to get over the hump, people act like they're choke-artist. No matter what the record says, no one could honestly say that in any of LBJ's 7 years in Cleveland have they been the most talented, or well coached or most complete team in the League. In the regular season a great player can carry you a long way because teams aren't preparing for you like they do in a 7 game series and Cleveland is one of the few NBA teams that actually brought it almost every game in the regular season. Boston and LA took some time off to get healthy.

 

You're right, of course. :thumb:

 

I mean that in all seriousness. No sarcasm intended. I've just been having a little fun with you.:D

 

Gotta do something in the months between finals games. :idunno:

How much a year do you think Jack pays for those tickets? lol

 

P.S. I don't think I'd want to sit there in front of Doc Rivers walking back and forth in front of me all game.

 

I would guess somewhere around 100,000-125,000 for season tickets.

Price for a court side ticket for tonight's game is listed at 25,000. :lol: The service fee to buy them from this site is nearly 12,000.

Really hoping the Celtics even this one out tonight...

 

I'll stick to my prediction and say Lakers in 6, but I'd love to be wrong.

What's up with these weak fouls? Garbage, it's the NBA Finals let them play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.