Rand--Slide!! What does this say about the mood of the electorate??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend Trey got his butt beat. I still feel like he is a good man and solid public servant and will have another day. Paul's people got out the grassroots and won this one early, apparently.

Before last night, I would not have voted for Paul in the general because of his military and Guantonomo comments. However, I then heard Jack Conway begin to talk about cap and trade and I believe now I might be a Paul supporter. Even if I am holding my nose.

Seems to me since you were the one who initially pegged him as far right you can tell us which issues he's far right on.

See post #32 and then take the extreme side of those positions. That is what I seemed to read in the mailings I received from him. The biggest concern that I would have is his small government solution - just cut taxes and the budget and government will shrink accordingly. All that will do is further increase the national debt. That is a very simplistic, unimaginative attempt at solving a very complex problem.

My friend Trey got his butt beat. I still feel like he is a good man and solid public servant and will have another day. Paul's people got out the grassroots and won this one early, apparently.

Before last night, I would not have voted for Paul in the general because of his military and Guantonomo comments. However, I then heard Jack Conway begin to talk about cap and trade and I believe now I might be a Paul supporter. Even if I am holding my nose.

I believe some on here said that Rand should step out of Trey's way. :D

Even Trey himself referred to Paul's campaign as a "little phenomenon, where you guys have this crush on this doctor from Bowling Green who has some crazy ideas."

Things look a little differently now. :sssh:

I find it ironic how media tries and portrays individuals. HL today started their article talking about how Rand won the Republican nomination and accepted from a Bowling Green country club.

No one is going to convince me that the writer/editor was trying to continue the image of Republicans with a view of the wealthy with the country club comment. Especially since Rand is tying himself with a grass roots movement of the Tea Party.

qri-04a.jpg

See post #32 and then take the extreme side of those positions. That is what I seemed to read in the mailings I received from him. The biggest concern that I would have is his small government solution - just cut taxes and the budget and government will shrink accordingly. All that will do is further increase the national debt. That is a very simplistic, unimaginative attempt at solving a very complex problem.
Exactly !!

Actually he advocates cutting the spending while also cutting taxes and seemed to get after both Republicans and Democrats for only attcking half the problem. Seems pretty reasonable to me. How is that a "far right" position?

You still haven't indicated his "far right" positions other than to reference someone's post and say"take the extreme side of those positions" Could it be you are not familiar with his positions?

Actually he advocates cutting the spending while also cutting taxes and seemed to get after both Republicans and Democrats for only attcking half the problem. Seems pretty reasonable to me. How is that a "far right" position?

You still haven't indicated his "far right" positions other than to reference someone's post and say"take the extreme side of those positions" Could it be you are not familiar with his positions?

As I already said but apparently didn't explain well enough, Paul seems to have the very simple minded approach that you can just cut taxes and elmininate the Federal Reserve, Social Security and other government programs and all will be well and good in the world. If it were only that easy. His small government views and how to get there are the key areas where I consider him an extremist and far right. He is an isolationist in his national defense and views of the world and that is a far right position IMO. He just comes across to me as someone who really thinks we can pretty much elimnate all government, make it every man for himself and it will all work out. It is a little scary. I have heard Paul speak and interviewed. I received all his mailings and read the majority. I must confess those long letters he sent out seemed too much like those long winded internet type pitches and those letters financial advisors use when trying to get you to buy their newsletters so I didn't read all of them. Just cutting taxes will not shrink government and create small government. Paul seems very Palin like all the way around and I have just as little confidence in him as I have in her from all I have seen and read. When he sends out mailings with Palin's picture on it, it is very hard for me to continue reading, but I did it. Maybe he will change my mind as the election goes forward in the fall. So far, it isn't working for me.

I don't doubt he may be a good man, but if he is a good man he needs to fire who ever was in charge of his campaign. I didn't follow it all that closely but the smear website his campaign ran and some of the things that were on it did not make him seem like a good man to me. I've heard Paul got dirty too, but I didn't see any of the attacks Paul made. I just saw the one's Grayson had up on his "Rand's World" website.

I don't doubt he may be a good man, but if he is a good man he needs to fire who ever was in charge of his campaign. I didn't follow it all that closely but the smear website his campaign ran and some of the things that were on it did not make him seem like a good man to me. I've heard Paul got dirty too, but I didn't see any of the attacks Paul made. I just saw the one's Grayson had up on his "Rand's World" website.

I was completely turned off this week (not that I could vote anyway) when Mongiardo started advertising a website where his dog "dogged" Conway. I was like, "REALLY?!" Not a very good move on his part, IMO.

I was completely turned off this week (not that I could vote anyway) when Mongiardo started advertising a website where his dog "dogged" Conway. I was like, "REALLY?!" Not a very good move on his part, IMO.

:thumb: