Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43

Then unfortunately you are dillusional. Make your free throws and there is no controversy is my point.

You have a clock because there's a time limit. The goal is to score more points than your opponent during that time period. Franklin County did but the refs missed it...badly !

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ref had one job.

So did the payers and coaches and that is to make plays. Was it the ref's fault that the flyers had to attempt a 25 foot jump shot at the end of the game? Or that they turned it over to give up the lead?

Now I will agree the official should have got the call right. But it is easy to point all the blame on one person, when in fact the team failed to make plays that would have gave them a victory.

I doubt that the official wanted Henry Clay to win. If so he could have blew his whistle other times in the game to affect the outcome instead of waiting to the last play.

I stand by my statement AS IS. Franklin County did what they needed to win the game....period! They made the last bucket easily before time expired which gave them 1 MORE point than the opponent which is ALL that matters. Except for the guy(s) that have a pretty simple decision to make at that time didn't get it right. Those are the facts. If HC had "lost" they could be lamenting how they blew a 13-point lead.....whatever.

The ref had one job.

So did the payers and coaches and that is to make plays. Was it the ref's fault that the flyers had to attempt a 25 foot jump shot at the end of the game? Or that they turned it over to give up the lead?

Now I will agree the official should have got the call right. But it is easy to point all the blame on one person, when in fact the team failed to make plays that would have gave them a victory.

Then unfortunately you are dillusional. Make your free throws and there is no controversy is my point.

They made the plays to get a victory. What about that doesn't add up to you guys? Could they have done it sooner to where it didn't come to that? Sure! Henry Clay could have just as easily have made plays earlier in the game to make it all moot. You never know what would happen with those variables. Maybe if Franklin County hits their free throws Henry Clay hits threes instead of twos and negates your points. The fact of the matter is that neither team did, so they were in that situation, and Franklin County made a shot within the rules of the game that should have given them the win.

You guys can keep on spinning this any way you want, but it will always come back to the fact that Franklin County made a shot in regulation time that was disallowed wrongly, and took a win they had earned. It was not a judgment call like a foul, it was black and white, and he missed it. It is not incumbent on Franklin County to make sure they make it easier on the poor ole referee to not blow the call.

They made the plays to get a victory. What about that doesn't add up to you guys? Could they have done it sooner to where it didn't come to that? Sure! Henry Clay could have just as easily have made plays earlier in the game to make it all moot. You never know what would happen with those variables. Maybe if Franklin County hits their free throws Henry Clay hits threes instead of twos and negates your points. The fact of the matter is that neither team did, so they were in that situation, and Franklin County made a shot within the rules of the game that should have given them the win.

You guys can keep on spinning this any way you want, but it will always come back to the fact that Franklin County made a shot in regulation time that was disallowed wrongly, and took a win they had earned. It was not a judgment call like a foul, it was black and white, and he missed it. It is not incumbent on Franklin County to make sure they make it easier on the poor ole referee to not blow the call.

Good post! There are people that if you mention the sky is blue will try to convince you it is green.

Edited by doomer
typing erro

Okay then lets make a rule all games should only be one play.

They won the game, the referee made a huge mistake and ended FC's season. Most of the seniors will never play basketball again. I am not understanding your argument. Franklin County WON the game in regulation on a last second play. I am confused by your antics:idunno:

Did the Refs get together and discuss this call after the game surely one of them would get it right!!! The refs in this game are a joke if they don't have the cojones to get together and get this call right!!!! If I was coach Chalk I might still be in jail after this injustice.

Did the Refs get together and discuss this call after the game surely one of them would get it right!!! The refs in this game are a joke if they don't have the cojones to get together and get this call right!!!! If I was coach Chalk I might still be in jail after this injustice.

The Lexington Herald-Leader said today that Julian Tackett of the KHSAA stated that the game was official and couldn't be changed because it was a "judgement call", but they had asked the 10th/11th region assigning secretary to get full reports from the referees about "not only the call at the end of the game, but any other actions they took or didn't take following the play. When the assigner has completed his review, he will meet with the KHSAA staff to determine if any further action is necessary, either with the officials, the tournament rules, or with the member schools."

It sounds to me like Tackett is disappointed that the officials didn't have a pow-wow about whether the call was correct. You'd have to think out of three men that at least one of them saw the call was missed, and by a mile at that. But I read on another site that the ref that made the call jerked his whistle from his neck and quickly headed straight from the playing floor, with the other two officials right behind him.

The guy that made the call should be banned from calling anymore post season games, including the rest of this tournament, and the other two guys should have some kind of sanctions as well for not stepping in and not allowing this travesty to happen.

Okay then lets make a rule all games should only be one play.

Do you really dis-like Coach Chalk that much? That's fine I guess, but kids were affected by total incompetence. How would you feel if it had been FHS in the exact same situation?