Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43

Very unfortunate situation.

The referees immediately left the court after the call and ran through the corner doors of the gymnasium and the doors closed behind them.

Franklin County players, coaches, and spectators all were looking around in a state of shock. Henry Clay players and coaches jumped for joy.

I know there are lots of negatives as to why it would not work, but, I too, feel if there is a reply available in a tournament setting, it should be a reviewable situation.

I wonder how it psychologically affects the Henry Clay team against Lafayette on Saturday in that they are playing a regional semi-final game that should not be playing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the CKY sports replay as well as First String Media's filming of the game.....hold on I have to go to restroom:puke:......I feel a little better now (I'm sure only temporary relief).

I know I am beating the proverbial "dead horse", but it wasn't even close!!!!!!!!

The ref that called no basket should be held accountable by the KHSAA. I've seen this guy ref many times and in the Sweet 16 as well. This call was so obvious I can only conclude that this ref has totally lost his edge. It was so bad, the only explanation can be that this ref is totally inept.

The KHSAA should ban this guy from officiating high school basketball all together!!!!!!!

I just watched the CKY sports replay as well as First String Media's filming of the game.....hold on I have to go to restroom:puke:......I feel a little better now (I'm sure only temporary relief).

I know I am beating the proverbial "dead horse", but it wasn't even close!!!!!!!!

The ref that called no basket should be held accountable by the KHSAA. I've seen this guy ref many times and in the Sweet 16 as well. This call was so obvious I can only conclude that this ref has totally lost his edge. It was so bad, the only explanation can be that this ref is totally inept.

The KHSAA should ban this guy from officiating high school basketball all together!!!!!!!

None of the 3 officials in the game have ever been to the Boys Sweet 16.

WOW... Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this. It's my understanding on a last second shot the trail official has the last second shot on anything above the free-throw line and on his side of the floor. Now if I seen the video correctly this official was at the trail position and the other official was under basket on the same side. You had another official I believe is called the center official on the side of the floor that the shot went up from. Why would an official call no basket from opposite side of the floor looking through players when an official was on that side of the floor? It looks like to me that at least this official should of asked the official at the center position on that side of the floor before he waved this no basket??

We all make mistakes in life. I am sure the official feels worse than just about anyone right now. Obviously, he shouldn't have missed, but I am sure he didn't purposely blow the call.

Again, that's why I have a HUGE problem with them running immediately off the court. It would be a travesty if they were in the locker room and the other 2 officials said they thought it was good, but then allowed one man's decision to affect everyone. You can't consult on every call during a call, but in that situation with what was on the line, you must consult before running away.

None of the 3 officials in the game have ever been to the Boys Sweet 16.
I assume you are an official or are associated with the KHSAA officials somehow, but I've been attending Sweet 16's for 15 years straight and have seats 3 rows off the floor. I could almost swear I've watched this guy ref sweet 16 games although not in the last few years. In any event I could be wrong. Just check out http://www.ckysports.com or http://www.vimeo.com/9929282. Each shows a diffient angle. First string shows a really good angle and a slow mo that tells the story.

We all make mistakes in life. I am sure the official feels worse than just about anyone right now. Obviously, he shouldn't have missed, but I am sure he didn't purposely blow the call.

Again, that's why I have a HUGE problem with them running immediately off the court. It would be a travesty if they were in the locker room and the other 2 officials said they thought it was good, but then allowed one man's decision to affect everyone. You can't consult on every call during a call, but in that situation with what was on the line, you must consult before running away.

Who knows whats going through the refs head. It was a horrible call. I would like to think he didn't miss it on purpose, but we just don't know. (Not accusing anyone of cheating, we just don't know what was going through his head).

I assume you are an official or are associated with the KHSAA officials somehow, but I've been attending Sweet 16's for 15 years straight and have seats 3 rows off the floor. I could almost swear I've watched this guy ref sweet 16 games although not in the last few years. In any event I could be wrong. Just check out http://www.ckysports.com or http://www.vimeo.com/9929282. Each shows a diffient angle. First string shows a really good angle and a slow mo that tells the story.

Didn't say the call was correct. Just was pointing out a fact for you.

As I have pointed out before, if FC makes their free throws, this discussion is no discussion. Hall missed the front end with a little over a minute left and Burton missed the front end up 4 with less than 35 seconds left. Make those, game over.

As I have pointed out before, if FC makes their free throws, this discussion is no discussion. Hall missed the front end with a little over a minute left and Burton missed the front end up 4 with less than 35 seconds left. Make those, game over.

True enough, but still doesn't matter. They won the game fair and square. This isn't one of those situations where I'm going to roll with the "If they'd done this earlier then...." statement. They won, on the court, period. One man decided they didn't win and unfortunately gets to be the final word on the matter.

True enough, but still doesn't matter. They won the game fair and square. This isn't one of those situations where I'm going to roll with the "If they'd done this earlier then...." statement. They won, on the court, period. One man decided they didn't win and unfortunately gets to be the final word on the matter.

:thumb: If you make the play to win the game within the time frame and rules, then you should win the game. Didn't happen this time.