Henry Clay 44 Franklin County 43

Just watched this replay- What a joke!!

This is the second game where the officials have totally screwed up and decided the outcome.

Foul at end of Trinity -Male game was a horrible calll on a blocked shot and he didn't blow the whistle until several seconds after the shot was blocked.

OFFICIALS NEED TO LET THE KIDS DECIDE THE GAMES!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a bad call. Too bad they don't have replay at least in the regional tournaments. That being said, I am sure there were several other blown calls throughout the game, that would have rendered the last shot meaningless.

But I do feel bad for everyone involved. Of course you never know what can happen, but neither Henry Clay or Franklin County are getting by Layfayette.

Definitely a bad call. Too bad they don't have replay at least in the regional tournaments. That being said, I am sure there were several other blown calls throughout the game, that would have rendered the last shot meaningless.

But I do feel bad for everyone involved. Of course you never know what can happen, but neither Henry Clay or Franklin County are getting by Layfayette.

You can't say that because we will never know. Just saying.

As I have pointed out before, if FC makes their free throws, this discussion is no discussion. Hall missed the front end with a little over a minute left and Burton missed the front end up 4 with less than 35 seconds left. Make those, game over.

They got hosed. Makes no difference. :ohbrother:

I really wish I could discuss what how i feel about officiating in Ky....I'll put it like this, I truly believe some people "The Call" like some did in the early days of NASCAR..........

Google "the call in nascar" and you will see what I mean..............

so what you are saying is it doesn't really matter who won that game because Lafayette would beat either FC or HC. Would you please come down to Franklin County and tell the kids on the team that it didn't matter.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!

Based on your justification the game didn't need to be played.

You bolded comment is a Joke!!!!!!!!

It really doesn't matter diddly what happened before that last play. The ref. had ONE job to do, and he couldn't come close to getting that right. When you miss a call that badly you anticipating what you WANT to happen rather than watching and reacting which is what he should have been doing. Seems to happen a lot. NO excuse for this level of miss....it just wasn't even close.

My heart goes out to Franklin County. If anyone has seen the video you know these young men got this taken away from them. Getting beat on a last second shot to end the season is always tough. But to lose like this? I just could not imagine how tough it would be to take.

Wow!

Honestly, when I saw the First Media clip I was speechless. Have been around sports for a long time but that is one of the worst 10 second clips of all time.

How does the official in the First Media clip right in front of the bench NOT see the clock or the red light. I mean seriously, there was even a clock above the basket to make it easier for the refs.

Just wow!

I feel bad for Franklin County and I would hope all three of those refs send a personal apology to that team. They ruined those kids season.

If they are in the BBA, they should be banned for a year or something. Refs that makes these kind of errors need to be held accountable. But knowing the KHSAA they will probably reward these guys with a state trip.

It really doesn't matter diddly what happened before that last play. The ref. had ONE job to do, and he couldn't come close to getting that right. When you miss a call that badly you anticipating what you WANT to happen rather than watching and reacting which is what he should have been doing. Seems to happen a lot. NO excuse for this level of miss....it just wasn't even close.

The ref had one job.

So did the payers and coaches and that is to make plays. Was it the ref's fault that the flyers had to attempt a 25 foot jump shot at the end of the game? Or that they turned it over to give up the lead?

Now I will agree the official should have got the call right. But it is easy to point all the blame on one person, when in fact the team failed to make plays that would have gave them a victory.

I doubt that the official wanted Henry Clay to win. If so he could have blew his whistle other times in the game to affect the outcome instead of waiting to the last play.

True enough, but still doesn't matter. They won the game fair and square. This isn't one of those situations where I'm going to roll with the "If they'd done this earlier then...." statement. They won, on the court, period. One man decided they didn't win and unfortunately gets to be the final word on the matter.

Then unfortunately you are dillusional. Make your free throws and there is no controversy is my point.

Then unfortunately you are dillusional. Make your free throws and there is no controversy is my point.

Man, You make no sense. I'm sure you would feel that way if it was your team? Yea right. :ohbrother:

Make a basket before the time expires and you win. Wait, they did just that. When is "make enough plays to win", enough? :idunno:

They did exactly what was expected of them and it was taken away from them by forces they had no control over. :ohbrother:

The ref had one job.

So did the payers and coaches and that is to make plays. Was it the ref's fault that the flyers had to attempt a 25 foot jump shot at the end of the game? Or that they turned it over to give up the lead?

Now I will agree the official should have got the call right. But it is easy to point all the blame on one person, when in fact the team failed to make plays that would have gave them a victory.

I doubt that the official wanted Henry Clay to win. If so he could have blew his whistle other times in the game to affect the outcome instead of waiting to the last play.

And he blew it. Just saying.