Bracken 52 St. Patrick 50

Last nights loss was certainly disheartening, but Coach Douglas and the Lady Saints are far too tough to pack in the season. The region is wide open and I fully expect them to be a factor. Congratulations to Bracken, but they have proven to be poor winners. You were as quiet as church mice leading up to the game, but big talkers after.

Not all were quiet, when they did post they were mocked and laughed at. Just returning a little of the love.:thumb:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was probably the most exciting girls baskeball game ive seen all season. I was there and not cheering for either team, but the atmopshere and play was excellent. Both teams played hard but it seemed to me St. Pat played a little more tight than BC. I know if it wasn't for a few key press-breaks by a certain BC point guard, i apologize for not knowing her name, this game could have gotten ugly for BC. In the end it came down to freethrows and layups for St. Pat. I can think of at least 3 times they missed two or more shots under the basket. Down the stretch they also missed some clutch free throws.

Ive seen some talk about the refs and i know two of three from seeing them at some other pretty key games throughout the years. I thought they let the girls play on both ends. In this type of game where a lot was on the line i was impressed with how they handled it. The coaches did not seem upset with their calls and everytime i heard a whistle half the crowd yelled at them and the other cheered. Thats the way it should be in my opinion. Great game on both teams part and i was glad i decided to make the drive to watch it.

This was probably the most exciting girls baskeball game ive seen all season. I was there and not cheering for either team, but the atmopshere and play was excellent. Both teams played hard but it seemed to me St. Pat played a little more tight than BC. I know if it wasn't for a few key press-breaks by a certain BC point guard, i apologize for noth knowing her name, this game could have gotten ugly for BC. It the end it game down to freethrows and layups for St. Pat. I can think of at least 3 times they missed two or more shots under the basket. Down the stretch they also some clutch free throws.

Ive seen some talk about the refs and i know two of three from seeing them at some other pretty key games throughout the years. I thought they let the girls play on both ends. In this type of game where a lot was on the line i was impressed with how they handled it. The coaches did not seem upset with thier calls and everytime i heard a whistle half the crowd yelled at them and the other cheered. Thats the way it should be in my opinion. Great game on both teams part and i was glad i decided to make the drive to watch it.

:thumb:

Congratulations Lady Saints. Your still top notch and Coach Douglas your a class act. As for thinking Bracken could compete with NCC, you are delerious. I don't even think if you played them in the "Igloo" with your refs you would not even have a prayer. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My, my, my...yes--very classy. Classy enough to call a timeout during last year's district final against BC simply to pass out championship shirts to her team minutes before the buzzer sounded. Very classy indeed.

I think Bracken's chances are a little better of beating NCC this year in the tourney than St. Patrick's--since BC is advancing.

As far as referees go---if BC wants to get a "home-cooked" game, our best bet is to travel to an away game.

Bottom line--Bracken County played with heart, became leaders on the floor, and wanted it just a little more than St. Patrick.

TO THE LADY BEARS: Congrats to you, Lady Bears, on a hard fought game. I finally saw you play to your potential and you rocked it. Don't let these biased posters put limits on what you can achieve. You proved last night to all present that when you put your mind to it and play as a team---there are no limits to your success. You Go Girls----have faith and move mountains!:ylsuper:

This was probably the most exciting girls baskeball game ive seen all season. I was there and not cheering for either team, but the atmopshere and play was excellent. Both teams played hard but it seemed to me St. Pat played a little more tight than BC. I know if it wasn't for a few key press-breaks by a certain BC point guard, i apologize for not knowing her name, this game could have gotten ugly for BC. In the end it came down to freethrows and layups for St. Pat. I can think of at least 3 times they missed two or more shots under the basket. Down the stretch they also missed some clutch free throws.

Ive seen some talk about the refs and i know two of three from seeing them at some other pretty key games throughout the years. I thought they let the girls play on both ends. In this type of game where a lot was on the line i was impressed with how they handled it. The coaches did not seem upset with their calls and everytime i heard a whistle half the crowd yelled at them and the other cheered. Thats the way it should be in my opinion. Great game on both teams part and i was glad i decided to make the drive to watch it.

That is the kind of atmosphere that everyone should get to see.

Congrats Bracken Co! St.Pat fans keep crying because I'm enjoying this. Just makes this win that much better for Bracken Co! And I'm not even a Bracken Co fan or a St.Pat fan. I'm just a fan of girls basketball and it's a shame that the losing team just can't give the other team any credit. You may feel you have the better team but you must remember, You Still Have To Play The Game!!!

My, my, my...yes--very classy. Classy enough to call a timeout during last year's district final against BC simply to pass out championship shirts to her team minutes before the buzzer sounded. Very classy indeed.

I think Bracken's chances are a little better of beating NCC this year in the tourney than St. Patrick's--since BC is advancing.

As far as referees go---if BC wants to get a "home-cooked" game, our best bet is to travel to an away game.

Bottom line--Bracken County played with heart, became leaders on the floor, and wanted it just a little more than St. Patrick.

TO THE LADY BEARS: Congrats to you, Lady Bears, on a hard fought game. I finally saw you play to your potential and you rocked it. Don't let these biased posters put limits on what you can achieve. You proved last night to all present that when you put your mind to it and play as a team---there are no limits to your success. You Go Girls----have faith and move mountains!:ylsuper:

Are you serious, she passed out shirts during the game. Wow, what goes around comes around. I was beginning to wonder if she was gonna come out for the presentation of awards last night

Last nights loss was certainly disheartening, but Coach Douglas and the Lady Saints are far too tough to pack in the season. The region is wide open and I fully expect them to be a factor. Congratulations to Bracken, but they have proven to be poor winners. You were as quiet as church mice leading up to the game, but big talkers after.

Wow, I've read it all now, getting blasted for not getting on here and acting like a bunch of arrogant fans. :ohbrother::isurrender:

I am not trying to take anything away from bracken. Congrats on a huge win. Coach Douglas getting bashed, must be doing something right to have all this said about her. The season is still young! Go Coach Douglas, you have them all talking!!!![/quote

I was simply giving an opinion on my observations from district's last year---the woman can coach; it just wasn't a very "classy" move IMO.

I'm fairly certain you were bashing BC's entire team by stating, "As for thinking Bracken could compete with NCC, you are delerious. I don't even think if you played them in the "Igloo" with your refs you would not even have a prayer."---evidently, they've got you talking too :jump:

Congratulations Lady Bears. Well deserved. It's a shame this thread isnt about the Lady Bears and what they accomplished. Most on this thread want to talk about things of the past, but I havent heard hardly a thing about the game. Would someone please tell us a little about the game? Stats havent been posted by anyone yet, but could someone give a summary of the game and who came up big for Bracken County. Obviously someone must have played huge down the stretch. Maybe I missed it scrolling through all the "extra" on this thread, but it did get a little old reading the same old thing. Lets give these girls from Bracken County some credit!!!

Does anyone know who the players were on that 91' team? How did they do in the state tourney that year? Thanks.

Molly Linville and Annie Mains played big roles on that team that upset at the time a Paris team ranked 8th in the state in the All "A" Region finals at Paris in overtime. Bracken had another girl on that team that could play also but I cannot remember her name! Paris was coached by Connie Appelman.:thumb:

St. Patrick 12 15 8 15 --50

Bracken Co. 16 9 17 10 --52

SP: Mosler 3 0-2 6, Ch. Payne 2 4-8 8, Klee 1 4-8 6, Douglas 5 0-0 13, Ci. Payne 3 4-4 11, Tolle 1 2-2 4, Hamilton 0 2-2 2, Totals 15 16-26 50.

BC: Riggs 2 0-0 4, Haight 3 9-10 15, Meyer 4 1-5 11, Burden 4 0-0 10, Sticklen 3 0-1 6, Mains 1 1-1 3, Ahrens 1 1-2 3, Totals 18 12-19 52.

3-pointers: SP 4 (Douglas 3, Ci. Payne), BC 4 (Meyer 2, Burden 2).

Records: St. Patrick 12-2, Bracken County 10-5.

Game story:

http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/article_dd7b036a-03d2-11df-8cf8-001cc4c002e0.html

It only a game. Like on of the guys posted who was on that bracken team that won the all a in 91 nobody knew. Nobody will know who won the 2010 class a in 7 or 8 years. Quit all the crying. Let the Girls have fun . It doesn't fall back on what coach is better it dont fall back on what team is better its falls on whose shots fell and who wanted it more. Quit all this mine team is better than yours just because its your team. The Best team will show its self in march and then you can say your team was the best.