Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bioteacher

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bioteacher

  1. Legal. Player never started dribble. It would be just like throwing the ball out in front of you before dribbling.
  2. How can the basket count if an offensive foul is reported? I would think it would be no basketball and AP since no team had control and both fouls were called.
  3. Great game. Physical game but fouls were called pretty evenly.
  4. Saw on twitter that tickets were ten dollars and it was open to public.
  5. Starts at 4pm. Playing a team out of state is th word on the street.
  6. I agree. Tony would be a great choice!
  7. Not sure if they got right guy but I agree they handled it correctly. I was sitting court side and did not notice the bonus issue until referees did. Announcers should have hit buzzer. It was pretty loud in there with cov caths fans.
  8. Very good game. Both teams played their hearts out. Enjoyed watching it.
  9. There are going to be some familiar faces returning as well.....
  10. Does anyone know what the schedule and matchups are for the 12 region?
  11. I was sitting on Montgomery Counties side and there was not one person around me complaining about the refs. As i said in an earlier post, just about every trip there was someone trying to take a charge. There were easily double digit block/charges called. Very ugly game with alot of misques on passes and stupid fouls. There is a long way to go before state and more games for GRC/Montgomery to play. Good luck to both teams.
  12. Great game for both sides. IMO the refs called the obvious fouls. Both teams, just about every trip, where trying to set up to take offensive fouls. Why was Daniels still in with four? Thats what i kept asking meslef. The offensive foul that got his fifth was just stupid easy. He should not have been in there at that point. Anywho, great game. Great atmosphere. Good luck to both teams in the region!
  13. Great 1st season for Coach Yeary. They won some games no one thought they would this year.
  14. Cann for Anderson just flat out lit it up from the three point line. I had not seen Anderson play but was told she was a freshman! WOW!
  15. I was not there, but just out of curiosity, how many missed free throws, layups, or turnovers did creek have? Not many games are ever decided by one call or series of calls despite what we as fans like to think. Coaches know this and talk about it often. I think even Calipari said it last year after a tough lost that could have went either way on a few foul calls. Mitchell was quoted as saying it this year when they lost to Duke.
  16. WOW. Great article. Its too bad the world has come to the point that someone always has to be negative. I know many coaches, referees, and fans who still do what they do for the kids. I'd take this referee anyday.
  17. Questioning and berating are two different things. I definetely question rules but at the same time i pride myself on knowing them. I was at the coaching clinic this year and it always surpises me the questions asked during the KSHAA rules section. A great mentor of mine once told me thats it was impossible to coach a sport (or question the officials) if you did not truly understand the rules yourself. I like to use them to my advantage when possible. There are many close game, 4th quarter situations where you can do just that. Thanks for the reply to my post.
  18. I have come to the conclusion, after reading all of these posts, several things: 1. If every call was made the way it was written in the rule book games would last forever. I think of holdng in football and how much it happens and is not called. You could just about call it on 50% of the plays. The same goes for the games i coach in basketball. You could pick 1 violation/ foul and if you truly called it everytime they would last forever. 2. If all the calls went the way "your" or "my" team wanted them to go, "we" would never lose a game. 3. Coaching is a tough business, refing games is even tougher. I get to see my team grow, improve, mature and have success. All i have to put up with is an occasional parent. Refing you go from one gym to another and not matter how good/bad you are, there is ALWAYS some fan in the gym who came to complain/verbally abuse you. 4. As a coach i hate it when whistles are blowing all over the floor. As a fan i hate it too. Quote from at least 4 of my games from fans this year, "LET THEM PLAY REF!" I agreed but the calls were good ones. 5. Someone is going to quote my post and shoot it down
  19. I have always looked at it from my coaching point of view as is it effecting the play? Is the player using their hands holding or are they trying to keep their balance. Refs always tell me it is about advantage/disadvantage. I see players off the ball hand checking/holding all the time. When the offense makes a cut to get the ball and then the defense grabs/handchecks, i know it is called here in the 11th. I always tell my players this and try to get them to use this to their advantage. Its easy when you can see it game after game on tape. I tell them to know when the player they are guarding makes a cut to try and get the ball to let go and keep your hands off. Its been pretty consistantly called give or take a few refs.
  20. I was there and watched the game and IMO Harrison was VERY physical from the tip. Being young they definetely needed to. They also shot, and missed, quit a few threes which may account for the difference in fouls. Bracken took the the ball to the hole quit a bit or threw it in to tehir big guy. Turnovers killed Harrison in the end but it a great game to watch. Good luck to both teams for the remainder fo the season.
  21. That was IMPRESSIVE! Being a visitor to Montgomery Counties gym once they also have a pretty good student section. This however takes the cake for me!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.