Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Student Support

Featured Replies

How Much Do You Feel Like Student Sections Help Team's Performances & What Are The Best You Have Seen This Year?

I think hands down Cov Cath has the best and will have the best, thier fans go all out. Partial to Montgomery County, thier student section has been great this season coming out in large numbers, more so than in years past (The Blew Crew). They have definitely brought a new spirit to the team.

^ I totally agree. Nothing even compares to the Colonels student section. If you havent seen it then you need to get out to the gym and witness them yourself. Its definately worth the admission and more.

I have been very impressed by our student section this year. Very vocal group.

This is an area that has improved dramatically over the years - Thanks largely in part to CovCath showing the rest of us the way. The Colonel Crazies are often imitated, but never duplicated. After all, a few years back, they motivated the KHSAA to create a new award in conjunction with the Sweet Sixteen recognizing the top student sections. Mason County High School offered them free tickets in order to lure them to Maysville to expose them to their fans.

 

I have been tremendously impressed with the fan support, enthusiasm at games, theme nights, and support on the road shown by our Brossart students in recent years. I credit a group of seniors led by Carl Richardson and his class a number of years back to get that ball rolling and to each senior class, in turn, who have stepped up and kept the ball rolling.

To answer the question: I think it helps. It gets the adrenaline flowing, and some opposing players do not respond well to the student section.

 

I think it can help in the sense that these are high school kids who are capable of getting caught up in the moment / emotion of the game. When the student section gets wild, it tends to speed things up, which can lead to more turnovers or bad decisions.

 

Finally, I think it causes the team to have more pride in their home court. You never want to lose, but you especially don't want to lose when so many people from your school are there supporting you.

 

I have no scientific proof or data for this, just a hunch. :D

That was pretty impressive. Looks like a great atmosphere to be in.

That video is something. Better student section than any I have personally seen.

A lot of student sections think they are good/funny/supportive when really they simply look like idiots.

A lot of student sections think they are good/funny/supportive when really they simply look like idiots.

 

This is a very good point as well. There is always people/groups who take it too far.

This is an area that has improved dramatically over the years - Thanks largely in part to CovCath showing the rest of us the way. The Colonel Crazies are often imitated, but never duplicated. After all, a few years back, they motivated the KHSAA to create a new award in conjunction with the Sweet Sixteen recognizing the top student sections. Mason County High School offered them free tickets in order to lure them to Maysville to expose them to their fans.I have been tremendously impressed with the fan support, enthusiasm at games, theme nights, and support on the road shown by our Brossart students in recent years. I credit a group of seniors led by Carl Richardson and his class a number of years back to get that ball rolling and to each senior class, in turn, who have stepped up and kept the ball rolling.

 

Yep, I was at that game it was Miller's Senior year I believe. I think there was bad weather and there was that free ticket offer and maybe buses to get the kids to the game and home safely. It was quite the environment that night.

 

Cov Cath's Student Section v. Montgomery County

 

That was IMPRESSIVE! Being a visitor to Montgomery Counties gym once they also have a pretty good student section. This however takes the cake for me!

I've wanted to see the CovCath Crazies in their natural environment for some time, and it looks like I may be able to pull that off in December for their home game against Campbell Co.

 

Any advice to a first-timer checking out a game there? Specifically, do you have to get there ridiculously early? Because I'm the kind of guy who usually shows up five minutes before tip-off.

dixie.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.