Basketball referee found his calling 52 years ago

Nice article about a good man, and fellow official.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/25/1610133/basketball-referee-found-his-calling.html#ixzz1C3gSCV5j

Seemingly Cornbread has been around forever and has undoubtedly impacted the lives of many of the young folks for which he has called games. Like him or not, Cornbread is a class act.

Absolutely love Cornbread as a person! Have talked to him on many occasions before games over the years, and enjoyed it everytime. But, that being said, I have to wonder sometimes why he is still out there on the court. I would not rank him anywhere near the top of 8th region officials right now (or maybe even the past several years.)

Absolutely love Cornbread as a person! Have talked to him on many occasions before games over the years, and enjoyed it everytime. But, that being said, I have to wonder sometimes why he is still out there on the court. I would not rank him anywhere near the top of 8th region officials right now (or maybe even the past several years.)

WOW. Great article. Its too bad the world has come to the point that someone always has to be negative. I know many coaches, referees, and fans who still do what they do for the kids. I'd take this referee anyday.

Nice article about a good man, and fellow official.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/25/1610133/basketball-referee-found-his-calling.html#ixzz1C3gSCV5j

Seemingly Cornbread has been around forever and has undoubtedly impacted the lives of many of the young folks for which he has called games. Like him or not, Cornbread is a class act.

BigCountryBoy, remind me when you are out our way next time to show you the photo of Cornbread's state championship cross country photo. He's barely changed!

BigCountryBoy, remind me when you are out our way next time to show you the photo of Cornbread's state championship cross country photo. He's barely changed!

I'll be there Wednesday night, and I will catch up with y'all again at Eminence later this week. See you then...