Kragthorpe out at Louisville

Original Rookie

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I believe in Kragthorpe and would have no problem with him being retained. I also, have more faith in Jurich, and will support his decision in regards to the program....I just want them back on top.

I think Kragthorpe had a lot to deal with behind the scenes. I know I bleed blue, but Jurich is one of the better ADs in the country and will make a good hire. I think if they gave Kragthorpe more time, the Cards would start to see improvement, but these days, building a program up slowly in football isn't going to win many fans.

Why? It had to be expected....Kragthorpe is still a good man, and will have plenty of money. Contrary to what many think, Jurich is still going to bring in a man that has character.....and hopefully a couple teenage boys. :D

Why? Because I truely and honestly feel he didn't get the chance to do it his way from the get-go. I feel there were things outside of his control that hampered his ability to succeed. I feel the program shares blame in the what is perceived to be only his failures. In short, we failed HIM as much as he failed us. And he is a good man, and he isn't a football idiot. I sincerely hope he finds a great new job soon, and I'm going to follow that program and root for him every step of the way. It sounds stupid to most, but I really, REALLY feel horrible about this.

^ Pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I believe in Kragthorpe and would have no problem with him being retained. I also, have more faith in Jurich, and will support his decision in regards to the program....I just want them back on top.

At least your honest, but it's the stance I expected from you. It's RM that I think might waiver a bit in her support for Jurich...

Bad move, now they have to give the next guy how many years. There were several injuries before yesterdays game that hurt the defense. And Victor.

He was told early that they wanted several coaches kept on and that wasn't fair or a good mix.

Look at the players that had to leave the system due to conduct and career ending injuries.

17 recruits have said yes, now what?

Look at the QBs in his first year and the second compared to this year.

Coach Brooks got more time, the Pitt coach Dave Wanstadt, Coach Hawkins.

Look at the players and how they responded to their coach.

Now before anyone questions why a Bama dude on here, I have been going to games since the early 70s and know as much about the program as anyone

Here are my two cents in this situation.

The biggest thing amongst this is that Jurich as lost a lot of luster in my opinion. I will preface this by saying, I think that he is a bully and dont care much for him...but he has done a nice job with hire in most sports and so on...

However, he set Krag up to fail in a few instances in my opinion.

One...forcing to keep holdovers from a previous staff. That had to hamstring Krag and showed that Krag did not have total control over the program.

Secondly, I didnt think it was very prudent to seek such an ambitious stadium expansion. I just dont think there is 60K UL fans that will come out each Saturday to the PJS. I can see maybe 50k, but I tend to think Jurich overvalued the program particularly after Petrino left. I think this is one of the main reasons why Krag was let go...money was due and when you are playing before 15k-20k fans in November...the writing was on the wall.

Thirdly, someone needs to come clean and figure out who was the one who ordered the purge of the "ruffians" from the program. Jurich is at fault here. It is very hypocritical of him to do as such especially after he was the figurehead in the signing of the notorious Lobster Willie Williams kid who went down in ignomenious fashion by consuming a weed burger on the side of the road in his car. All things were hunky-dory when they were winning, but then all of a sudden there needed to be this purge.

If this was Jurich in hindsight, then he is wrong to fire Kraghorpe without giving him four full recruiting classes that would be needed to overcome the defections and attrition.

Look I like razzing UL when the opportunity arises, but Kragthorpe knows football, he has been successful at various levels, he just didnt lose it overnight.

I think in some ways he was set up to fail...from the staff holdovers, to the "purge" and you add in a first season with a boatload of talent that runs into the ditch...which set the fan base into a tizzy and one that developed into a very acidic relationship.

Krag can cite Dan Hawkins getting another year, but Hawkins is getting it only because the Buffs are strapped for cash and dont have the money for the buyout and a new coach...which is similar to what Maryland is facing with Fridgeon. Despite what some have said, I dont think UL has the money to fork over a big buyout for Krag then go after that big name coach.

Kevin Sumlin and Charlie Strong are the two most have talked about...I heard Sumlin was the number one target...and to me would be the ideal choice of the two...bringing in an offensive minded coach rather than a defensive minded coach.

Bad move, now they have to give the next guy how many years. There were several injuries before yesterdays game that hurt the defense. And Victor.

He was told early that they wanted several coaches kept on and that wasn't fair or a good mix.

Look at the players that had to leave the system due to conduct and career ending injuries.

Now before anyone questions why a Bama dude on here, I have been going to games since the early 70s and know as much about the program as anyone

I don't disagree with what you said.

But the fan base and Big Money boosters don't have time to wait. He was handed an Orange Bowl team. Didn't make a Bowl Game.

Stadium is being expanded and can't fill the current seats.

Next Coach will need atleast 5-6 years to rebuild.

I hate it for Coach Krags. But this is a what is best for the University.

At least your honest, but it's the stance I expected from you. It's RM that I think might waiver a bit in her support for Jurich...

I still think he's a brilliant AD. However, I do not any longer feel he has the integrity that I once thought he did.

The correalation between Brooks and Kragthorpe is apples to oranges. CRB came in with probation and a severe lack of schollies and the program needed stability...Krag came in with a full allotment of rides and a team with its best player of an Orange Bowl win.

Hawkins is staying because of money or lack thereof in Boulder.

Why? Because I truely and honestly feel he didn't get the chance to do it his way from the get-go. I feel there were things outside of his control that hampered his ability to succeed. I feel the program shares blame in the what is perceived to be only his failures. In short, we failed HIM as much as he failed us. And he is a good man, and he isn't a football idiot. I sincerely hope he finds a great new job soon, and I'm going to follow that program and root for him every step of the way. It sounds stupid to most, but I really, REALLY feel horrible about this.

I do too...but #1 to me is the program...and the program could not afford to bring him back.....is that unjust? I believe so, but at least he'll get a handsome settlement and get back to coaching in a much less vile environment. Now, we need Brad to stay one more year....:D