Will Fidler to give up final year of eligibility

strongopenyon

And your such an authority on talent that you are a scout for who again? You base your opinion of Fidler on seeing him all of about 20 snaps in his career. There isn't a doubt that Fidler had the talent, the only question marks for him has been is work ethic and desire.

Which is the real problem. I can handle a guy who works his butt off but just isn't that talented. But when you don't have the type of work ethic to compete on that level, it's a problem.

Good luck to Will. I wish he would've gotten a shot, but you can't beat a free education.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it should be noted that it is possible that Will is going to graduate & has decided to pursue other options. I don't know if that's the case or not, but this is his 4th year at Kentucky and I'm sure he's close to graduating.

That is very possible. His dad is the president and CEO of Brenntag North American so I am sure he has a job waiting for him if he wants it.

Which is the real problem. I can handle a guy who works his butt off but just isn't that talented. But when you don't have the type of work ethic to compete on that level, it's a problem.

Good luck to Will. I wish he would've gotten a shot, but you can't beat a free education.

I may have worded that wrong, I'm not sure it was his work ethic but laid back attitude. strongopenyon explained it pretty good a couple of weeks back in a different thread.

Seeing hiim in HS, I thought for sure he'd be playing in the NFL someday. For someone on here to say they have as much talent as him is down right comical and loses any credability as far as being taken serious on this topic IMO.

What were his stats againt the Louisville schools and Cincy Moeller?

Seeing hiim in HS, I thought for sure he'd be playing in the NFL someday. For someone on here to say they have as much talent as him is down right comical and loses any credability as far as being taken serious on this topic IMO.

I agree completely. If I recall correctly, even has a freshman he was dominate. As a fan of an opposing team, it felt like he averaged 5 or 6 TD passes a game.

Obviously they were not as good, but that IMO is more of a reflection of the difference between the OL and DL than an indication of his ability. No different than than say Jimmy Clausen as a freshman with the horrible OL that Notre Dame had then as compared to now with a lot of 3 year starters at OL.

Take Brian Brohm and let him play with Henderson against Trinity's D and he would likely fair no better.

The only Louisville school he faced as a starter was St. X in the semi state game. He didn't do too well but it's hard to do much when your running for you life every play. The best success they had against X was feeding the ball to Cedric Rainey but for what ever reason got away from it. As for Moeller, it didn't matter. Moeller was just that much better then Henderson.They had defensive end that was in the back field as much as the our RB. But regardless you can't judge a player based on two games a against much superior teams. As Irish said, Brohm playing for Henderson wouldn't have mattered.

And your such an authority on talent that you are a scout for who again? You base your opinion of Fidler on seeing him all of about 20 snaps in his career. There isn't a doubt that Fidler had the talent, the only question marks for him has been is work ethic and desire.

:laugh: Does it take a scout to see when somebody just doesn't have the tools? I didn't realize Fidler had so many die hard fans out there:idunno: Yeah, he had the talent alright.:laugh: Seriously, that was the best one I've heard today.

I agree completely. If I recall correctly, even has a freshman he was dominate. As a fan of an opposing team, it felt like he averaged 5 or 6 TD passes a game.

I guess it's a shame he couldn't finish his career in high school to save face.

I believe Will only struggled with his "laid" back attitude his first year up there, which a lot of Freshman fall into that boat. The biggest hinderance IMO for Will was his shoulder injury which knocked him out of competition the most important spring of his career. In most 1A programs a player has a small window especially at QB to earn the position. Will was hurt when his window was open.