Will Fidler to give up final year of eligibility

strongopenyon

Fidler shouldn't be playing Quarterback for Morehead-St. He was given a fair shake by wasting a scholly on him, just so he can watch the games from the sidelines. Thank goodness he did the right thing and gave up his scholly for someone who deserves it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Fidler is a class act. When things were going bad for UK and Newton at Georgia, I saw Fidler talking to Newton and was obviously trying to encourage him. Then when KY pulled it out, look at who was celebrating with Newton. Fidler could have very easily been a divisive influence on the team, especially with the upper classmen, yet he chose the opposite path which may have had as much to do with UK's success as anything.:thumb::thumb:

Morgan Newton is not a dual threat quarterback, he is a pro style pocket passer.

Just ask "Clyde". He reminds him of Matthew Stafford.

I agree... he is not much of a threat to take the ball deep on the long run. He may garner short yardage in critical situations but not a threat to run it deep. Too slow for SEC play.

I had hoped Fidler would have been given more PT this year... especially in the Georgia game when Newton was struggling in the first half with his errant throws.

Will Fidler is a class act. When things were going bad for UK and Newton at Georgia, I saw Fidler talking to Newton and was obviously trying to encourage him. Then when KY pulled it out, look at who was celebrating with Newton. Fidler could have very easily been a divisive influence on the team, especially with the upper classmen, yet he chose the opposite path which may have had as much to do with UK's success as anything.:thumb::thumb:

I agree 110%. Brooks has given Fidler a TON of credit publicly for the way he handled the situation. He handled it with dignity and class. That says a lot about him as a person. :thumb:

Some of you really think he wasn't given a fair shake? Do you not realize the coaches see these guys every day in practice? I'm sure he was given many opportunities to earn a position in practice.

When Hartline went down no he wasn't given a fair shake. I am not positive he was given a fair shake to be the starter this year.

Fidler shouldn't be playing Quarterback for Morehead-St. He was given a fair shake by wasting a scholly on him, just so he can watch the games from the sidelines. Thank goodness he did the right thing and gave up his scholly for someone who deserves it.

So anyone that is a back up is a wasted scholarship?

How could you possibly gather that from what I said? :idunno: Fidler is a wasted scholarship because he has about as much talent for the game as I do.....

:ohbrother:

Must have had a little more talent since they offered him and I wasn't aware they had offered you. His problem was (by his own admission) he didn't work very hard his first few seasons and it put him behind.

:ohbrother:

Must have had a little more talent since they offered him and I wasn't aware they had offered you. His problem was (by his own admission) he didn't work very hard his first few seasons and it put him behind.

Every program is entitled to a few recruiting mistakes. Luckily, UK is getting rid of their problem. Good for them.

How could you possibly gather that from what I said? :idunno: Fidler is a wasted scholarship because he has about as much talent for the game as I do.....

And your such an authority on talent that you are a scout for who again? You base your opinion of Fidler on seeing him all of about 20 snaps in his career. There isn't a doubt that Fidler had the talent, the only question marks for him has been is work ethic and desire.