Will Fidler to give up final year of eligibility

strongopenyon

He put up a lot of yards rushing in high school against kids in Indiana.

He's black.

Thus, you get some who feel he's another Pat White.

Pure myth.

Haha, probably a good analysis. He's big and relatively mobile, but he's not a threat to break a big running play. He will pick up some timely first downs though.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He put up a lot of yards rushing in high school against kids in Indiana.

He's black.

Thus, you get some who feel he's another Pat White.

Pure myth.

Morgan Newton is a good 4 inches taller and maybe, 30 pounds heavier than Pat White. I would also say he is a good .2 or .3 of a second slower in the 40 yard dash. I would never compare Morgan Newton to Pat White, either.

Andre Woodson, Jason Campbell, and to go back a bit Doug Williams are black, pro style, pocket passing quarterbacks. Morgan Newton is not.

Someone else on this forum compared him to former UK great Derrick Ramsey and that is the closest match I have heard yet. He wants to run the football. Is he a breakaway threat? No.

Pro style, pocket passers do not run a lot of quarterback sweeps and quarterback draws. Morgan does.

What, did Will personally hurt you or something? What the heck has the guy done to deserve what you are throwing at him in this thread?

Will had the best seat in the house... don't give me this crap. Who peed in your cheerios?

What the heck has Will done to suggest that he belongs in a D1 school? Am I missing something? I'm sorry, you're right. I don't know what I've been seeing when Will Fidler gets in the game. He may be the next Peyton Manning. :ohbrother:

Will was never a DI QB. He's making a great decision.

Do you all really not think Fidler got a fair shot? Really?

For the year:

Fidler: 22/45 - 48.9% - 4.54 ypa - 1 TD - 1 INT - 0 rushing TD

Newton: 57/98 - 57.8% - 5.99 ypa - 5 TD - 3 INT - 2 rushing TD

Which one is the Junior, and which one is the true freshman again? C'mon guys.

Be careful what you say about Will Fidler around here guys. He must have a lot of family on here is the only thing I can possibly come up with.

You can't compare because Newton was allowed to play more then a couple of series. Newton looked awful his first few games and has been able to settle down and start to get some rythum. Will has never had that chance.

Maybe all Will ever needed was a chance........

:lol:

I really don't understand why anybody would want to trash a young man from Kentucky, who accepted a scholarship to his state school, and has put in 4 years of hard work at practice to help make his team better. Instead you should be thanking young Mr. Fidler for his loyalty and faithfulness to the school that you love to cheer for. I wish Will Fidler the best of luck, and much success as he moves on to the next step in his life, and thanks for being a Wildcat.

I really don't understand why anybody would want to trash a young man from Kentucky, who accepted a scholarship to his state school, and has put in 4 years of hard work at practice to help make his team better. Instead you should be thanking young Mr. Fidler for his loyalty and faithfulness to the school that you love to cheer for. I wish Will Fidler the best of luck, and much success as he moves on to the next step in his life, and thanks for being a Wildcat.

:thumb: And thanks for giving us our scholarship back!!!!

Very nicely put!