Snap infraction led to score

Frank329

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, because I saw this play ran in a scrimmage about 15 years ago. I believe it was by Shelby County.

There weren't any officiators for the scrimmage, so there wasn't much technical discussion, as the team who ran the play ran it late in the scrimmage after they were already down by 20 points or so.

.[/i]" :cool:

Not Shelby Co. Not while Becherer was there as the HC. If it was 15 years ago so so the only year that might have matched your description is 91. 92-94 the score was nowhere near that.

The different rules have already been stated on why the play would be illegal. Redman has and does teach/do things that are illegal. Now there are plenty of coaches throughout the state that do teach illegal things so he is not the only one.

Now you can hand the ball off to an OL but he has to turn so he is completely facing the opposite goalline before you can do it. A couple of years ago AL I think throw a pseudo screen to an OT. It was a backward pass so not a true screen pass.

I forgot who in this thread said they ran a screen to their C but I would like to know how that worked due to the rules. I do not see how that is legal unless it is a backward pass.

I forgot who in this thread said they ran a screen to their C but I would like to know how that worked due to the rules. I do not see how that is legal unless it is a backward pass.

Cov Cath ran the center screen play. The way we ran it was to:

1) Move a player with an eligible receiver number (1-49, 80-99) to play center. We would switch in a tight end down, and usually do it a few plays ahead of time to make it less obvious.

2) Apart from the center, we would still play five down linemen wearing interior linemen's numbers (50-79). Two guards, and three tackles.

3) The center snapped the ball to the quarterback, set up in short-drop pass protection, and then released after a couple of seconds and caught the pass at 4 or 5 yards deep.

That procedure kept the required offensive line formation, and also made the center an eligible receiver due to his jersey number.

Cov Cath ran the center screen play. The way we ran it was to:

1) Move a player with an eligible receiver number (1-49, 80-99) to play center. We would switch in a tight end down, and usually do it a few plays ahead of time to make it less obvious.

2) Apart from the center, we would still play five down linemen wearing interior linemen's numbers (50-79). Two guards, and three tackles.

3) The center snapped the ball to the quarterback, set up in short-drop pass protection, and then released after a couple of seconds and caught the pass at 4 or 5 yards deep.

That procedure kept the required offensive line formation, and also made the center an eligible receiver due to his jersey number.

How is the center not covered up? He would have the correct number but he still has to be on the end of the LOS. HS requires you to both have the correct number and alignment to be eligible for a forward pass. If it is a backward pass then none of it matters.

How is the center not covered up? He would have the correct number but he still has to be on the end of the LOS. HS requires you to both have the correct number and alignment to be eligible for a forward pass. If it is a backward pass then none of it matters.

I'm not sure. Our coaches ran it by the officials ahead of time and it was permitted each time - three games in a row even. I guess the rules could have been changed...or more importantly, clarified to make things more obvious to coaches and officials.

We ran a version of this play in little league this year for about a 35 yard gain. we had the qb walk up behind the guard and direct snap it to the lone set back for a sweep twice, then the third time the center held the ball, the tailback swept out the end, the qb ducked down snuck over and took the ball out the other end for a big gain...only got caught because he was not as fast as the middle linebacker!!! It was real fun to see it work, and this version is completely legal!!!!:ylsuper: