Beat Highlands/Beat CovCath

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me he didn't have them on with gym shorts and a dress shirt.:ohbrother:

Enough about the t-shirts...where did the linemen go to dinner this week?...OH, that was last year's inane thread! LOL. Did anyone mention that the proceeds of the shirts benefit school clubs?

The funny thing about the whole thread is, the adult that I think was being referenced early in the thread is not a parent of a current student,(had a daughter graduate a few years ago) never had a son play football, did not attend Highlands, and only recently moved to the Fort. He is just a fan of Highlands football.:ylsuper:

Is that the same guy who dressed up in the Bird suit a couple of years ago when Cov Cath played HHS at DCM?

Is that the same guy who dressed up in the Bird suit a couple of years ago when Cov Cath played HHS at DCM?

Same guy that hangs at 915 I think and was running Highlands smack with my good buddy who played for Colerain earlier in the year. He said that the Birds were going to handle St. X....My buddy told him he was smoking the drapes.....HE WASNT !!!! LOL

Guest Birdflu

I know it's a little off topic, but I don't understand why adults wear Bengals jerseys with a player's name and number on it. So, to stay on topic, I think it's ok for an adult to wear the high school shirt if they have someone on the team. But I wouldn't.

I have at least one shirt from 5+ years ago that I still wear occassionally. I do not wear it out in public, though.

It's just one of the few shirts that is still big enough for me. :D

I'm confused why it is "inappropriate" for an adult to wear a BEAT Cov Cath or Highlands shirt? Is it obscene? Vulgar? I don't get it.

In the spirit of the old saying "Can't see the forest through the trees' many folks that I've spoken to through the years who are not native to the Tri-State find it awfully peculiar that it doesn't seem that many adults in this area ever did actually graduate from high school even though they did get their diplomas. It puzzles them how strong of a concern it is to locals of what high school so and so went to and how close to the tip of the tongue that big game from 1979 was or how much fanatical vigor is applied by local parents. Taking nothing away from anyones fun, and I personally have a certain amount of interest myself, but our local obsession with these such things are in fact exclusively local. I have no problem with that local obsession except for when I'm personally scrutinized for not always being in the know about all the past or present local sports trivia or the fact that I may have multiple interest that divide me from concentrating solely on said local high school events. I've had my share of rolled eyes and giggles directed towards me for such things, but I also remember that nationally we used to giggle at the dad on the old T.V. show 'Married With Children' for not being able to ever let go of his high school quarterback days. I kind of wonder if the writers of that show weren't inspired by the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. :confused: :idunno:

In the spirit of the old saying "Can't see the forest through the trees' many folks that I've spoken to through the years who are not native to the Tri-State find it awfully peculiar that it doesn't seem that many adults in this area ever did actually graduate from high school even though they did get their diplomas. It puzzles them how strong of a concern it is to locals of what high school so and so went to and how close to the tip of the tongue that big game from 1979 was or how much fanatical vigor is applied by local parents. Taking nothing away from anyones fun, and I personally have a certain amount of interest myself, but our local obsession with these such things are in fact exclusively local. I have no problem with that local obsession except for when I'm personally scrutinized for not always being in the know about all the past or present local sports trivia or the fact that I may have multiple interest that divide me from concentrating solely on said local high school events. I've had my share of rolled eyes and giggles directed towards me for such things, but I also remember that nationally we used to giggle at the dad on the old T.V. show 'Married With Children' for not being able to ever let go of his high school quarterback days. I kind of wonder if the writers of that show weren't inspired by the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. :confused: :idunno:

Its what makes Cincy/NKY somewhat unique and a great high school sports town. Nothing wrong with that.