Knox Central 34 McCreary Central 6

HouseofPain

Well, I thought this thread would have already been started but it hasn't. So, I decided to start it myself. There is several people that doubted we could play with Knox and tonight they were right. I will make no excuses Knox dominated the trenches and that is where the game was won. The score was 13-6 at the half and even though I thought we played poorly in the first half we were in the game. Don't get me wrong, it was Knox's offensive and defensive line that had a lot to do with why we played poorly. I still thought we would come out and play a very good second half and put ourselves in a position to win the game. I was wrong again, Knox's line played very physical and it wore on our guys and then I think they started doubting themselves mentally and then it was all over. My hats off to Knox Central for a well deserved victory I have always said I have a great deal of respect for Coach Mills, his staff and their program. They were very hospitiple and the atmosphere was great. I wish them luck the rest of the season and we will now see what we are made of. Our players have to realize that good teams get beat by good teams and you just have to keep on working hard and get ready to play the next game. My dad always told me it isn't how many times you get knocked down it is how many time you get back up that counts. :isurrender:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought McCreary would give Knox a very tough game and actually have a shot to win it. Hats off to Knox Central as Coach Mills and his staff have the team back on track.

For McCreary, one game does not a season make. You have many more games to go, .. use this as a learning opportunity and improve towards the next opponent.

I thought McCreary would give Knox a very tough game and actually have a shot to win it. Hats off to Knox Central as Coach Mills and his staff have the team back on track.

For McCreary, one game does not a season make. You have many more games to go, .. use this as a learning opportunity and improve towards the next opponent.

:thumb: Great advice and I hope we do just that!

What kind of middle school team does McCreary have? Will they fall off when Watts and company graduate?

There are a lot of good young athletes in McCreary Co. Both Jr Raider teams (3rd/4th and 5th/6th) are 5-1 the middle school is like 2-3(4), the Freshmen are 0-2 but have played well and the JV is 3-1. However, I would rather not comment on the future of the program until this season is over.

Bottom line McCreary didn't show up to play, or at least this years McCreary team didn't show. The team that showed up at Knox Central looked more like the McCreary teams of the past. When things a got a little tough they did not respond in a positive way.

Congratulations to Coach Mills and the rest of the Knox team. They had a great game plan and executed it well.

This game went about like I thought. Knox Central has a very good offensive and defensive line and can be very dangerours if they get things rolling. Watts and Roark are very good players and the Raiders are much improved but they're still not quite there up front against big, athletic lines. Central should still make the playoffs and may very well have a chance in the first round against the other district's 1 or 2 seed.

Coach Mills learned trench warfare from the master, Dudley Hilton. KC was able to take advantage of the matchup which was to their advantage. Coach Mills has got the Panthers were I expected them to be earlier. I believe the Raiders will bounce back and continue their excellent season.

Well, I thought this thread would have already been started but it hasn't. So, I decided to start it myself. There is several people that doubted we could play with Knox and tonight they were right. I will make no excuses Knox dominated the trenches and that is where the game was won. The score was 13-6 at the half and even though I thought we played poorly in the first half we were in the game. Don't get me wrong, it was Knox's offensive and defensive line that had a lot to do with why we played poorly. I still thought we would come out and play a very good second half and put ourselves in a position to win the game. I was wrong again, Knox's line played very physical and it wore on our guys and then I think they started doubting themselves mentally and then it was all over. My hats off to Knox Central for a well deserved victory I have always said I have a great deal of respect for Coach Mills, his staff and their program. They were very hospitiple and the atmosphere was great. I wish them luck the rest of the season and we will now see what we are made of. Our players have to realize that good teams get beat by good teams and you just have to keep on working hard and get ready to play the next game. My dad always told me it isn't how many times you get knocked down it is how many time you get back up that counts. :isurrender:

Very classy post. Another year in your good off season program to get those big guys ready to battle up front in your district will help. I, along with many others, have been impressed with what you all are accomplishing with this program. People dont really realize many of the problems you guys are overcoming to build a program at MCHS. Keep up the good work and I know you will. Also, congrats to Knox. It would have been easy to "belly up" after last week but you guys responded to the challenge. Good luck down the road!

This game went about like I thought. Knox Central has a very good offensive and defensive line and can be very dangerours if they get things rolling. Watts and Roark are very good players and the Raiders are much improved but they're still not quite there up front against big, athletic lines. Central should still make the playoffs and may very well have a chance in the first round against the other district's 1 or 2 seed.

I agree!