Knox Central 34 McCreary Central 6

HouseofPain

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCreary will struggle next year losing Watts and Roark. I smell complete changes coming...

McCreary Has some very good young athletes and IMO will continue to be successful as long as the players commit to the off-season program. I am not saying that they will not be a great loss but it won't be a program ending loss. We have 12 seniors I think but our JV has been playing very well and this is the 1st time ever we have been able to play freshmen games. We are getting more administrative support than ever with our new Principal. She has worked very hard to make sure we have everything we need and has been to every game. She arranged for a pep bus and a bus for our band to go to the Knox game. This was the 1st time in history the football team got a pep bus. So, a great loss, yeah, a program ending loss, not even close. There is a lot of people that said we couldn't beat Edmonson or Wayne Co and they said no way we could go 4-0 to start the season but we did. We didn't play very well Friday and like I said that had a lot to do with the great line play of Knox but I know the Raiders football players and this loss will just make them work harder. Don't be surprised Dreemland if you see the same kind of success in the future from the Raiders!

It's a legitimate point.

McCreary was never very competitive before those guys arrived and they still struggle to play with the big boys in the district with them.

It may take a while to replace them.

I never said it wasn't a legitimate point and I better than anyone know the history of our program. To date there has been two seasons where McCreary has been 5-5 and one of them was when Watts and Roark were freshmen but at the time Mccreary played a non-district schedule. So I can give just as valid of an argument that for the most part we have been just as competitive in the past during certain years. We have always had good athletes which has allowed us to have good teams from time to time. The difference with this year is the dedication to the off-season stength and conditioning program from 80% of our players. If this dedication becomes the norm our program will continue to get better. Our jv team is also 3-1 this year and the one loss was by 2 points. If our players continue to get bigger and faster in the off season they will continue to be competitive for years to come. IMHO! By the way my son is 11 years old 5' 2 and 146 lbs he is in the 5th grade and his team is now 5-1. He has already promised me that when he is a senior his team will beat Bell, Rock, Knox and Madison So on their way to winning the state championship. :p

I never said it wasn't a legitimate point and I better than anyone know the history of our program. To date there has been two seasons where McCreary has been 5-5 and one of them was when Watts and Roark were freshmen but at the time Mccreary played a non-district schedule. So I can give just as valid of an argument that for the most part we have been just as competitive in the past during certain years. We have always had good athletes which has allowed us to have good teams from time to time. The difference with this year is the dedication to the off-season stength and conditioning program from 80% of our players. If this dedication becomes the norm our program will continue to get better. Our jv team is also 3-1 this year and the one loss was by 2 points. If our players continue to get bigger and faster in the off season they will continue to be competitive for years to come. IMHO! By the way my son is 11 years old 5' 2 and 146 lbs he is in the 5th grade and his team is now 5-1. He has already promised me that when he is a senior his team will beat Bell, Rock, Knox and Madison So on their way to winning the state championship. :p

He had better get the other 10 to commit now also. But I am betting on the fact that you are going to enroll him at Trintiy.:D

The succuss come from a very soft schedule. The Knox Central WAS first football team in the same class as you, AND IT was a 34 to 6 loss. You beating the small schools. The programs at MCHS will fall with the lost of Watts and Roarch. You would be 1-4 without them this season. The Raiders will win against another easy team Friday. I

If your going to be competitive for year to come, then why don't you schedule Pulaski, Southwestern and Somerset? That would make more sense that playing Pineville , Leslie and Powell. Might not be wins but, the crowds and gates would be great. Just throwing it out there.

Who have the JV and fifth-grade teams defeated?

The succuss come from a very soft schedule. The Knox Central WAS first football team in the same class as you, AND IT was a 34 to 6 loss. You beating the small schools. The programs at MCHS will fall with the lost of Watts and Roarch. You would be 1-4 without them this season. The Raiders will win against another easy team Friday. I

If your going to be competitive for year to come, then why don't you schedule Pulaski, Southwestern and Somerset? That would make more sense that playing Pineville , Leslie and Powell. Might not be wins but, the crowds and gates would be great. Just throwing it out there.

Well, this doesn't really deserve an answer but I will give one anyway. Our 1st 4 games are not the toughest 4 games but they are definately not soft. Pinveille just beat a solid Paintsville team and they are 3-2, Leslie is still young but they are 2-3, Edmosnson is 4-2 and was in their 3-A regional final last year (week 3 of the playoffs) and Wayne is 0-5 but have played a very strong schedule. The teams we have beaten this year are 9-12. Like I said not super tough but not soft, somewhere in between. We are very proud of our accomplishments and if the off-season strength and conditioning program continues and the dedication of the kids continue then the program will continue to grow and get better and eventually some of those teams will be on the schedule I am sure. You have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run. I am glad that MOST of the people in our county are supporting are kids and program with positive remaks and gesture. I also appreciate the supportive remarks from people from around our district and from around the state it is people like you that make BGP a special place.

Who have the JV and fifth-grade teams defeated?

My sons team (which is 5th & 6th grade) plays in a league in Whitley county and has only lost to Whitley Central Elem. and they have also beaten Wayne Co Red team. They still have 2 more league games and I know they still have to play Wayne Co. Black team.

The JV has beaten Wayne County, Scott Co Tn, and Somerset and their only loss is to Oneida Tn. by 2pts. I am not sure who is left on the schedule but I know we have a game with South Western and Pulaski and I think maybe a re-match with Oneida.

Well, this doesn't really deserve an answer but I will give one anyway. Our 1st 4 games are not the toughest 4 games but they are definately not soft. Pinveille just beat a solid Paintsville team and they are 3-2, Leslie is still young but they are 2-3, Edmosnson is 4-2 and was in their 3-A regional final last year (week 3 of the playoffs) and Wayne is 0-5 but have played a very strong schedule. The teams we have beaten this year are 9-12. Like I said not super tough but not soft, somewhere in between. We are very proud of our accomplishments and if the off-season strength and conditioning program continues and the dedication of the kids continue then the program will continue to grow and get better and eventually some of those teams will be on the schedule I am sure. You have to crawl before you walk and walk before you run. I am glad that MOST of the people in our county are supporting are kids and program with positive remaks and gesture. I also appreciate the supportive remarks from people from around our district and from around the state it is people like you that make BGP a special place.

I hope the raiders go 9-1 You all are doing a great job.

I hope the raiders go 9-1 You all are doing a great job.

If you honestly feel this way then why have such a negative post earlier. If you feel the need to answer this question via PM then please do so because I am confused about your two posts that are directly opposite of each other, one being very negative and the other very positive and supportive. It just makes me curious to where you are coming from!:confused:

If you honestly feel this way then why have such a negative post earlier. If you feel the need to answer this question via PM then please do so because I am confused about your two posts that are directly opposite of each other, one being very negative and the other very positive and supportive. It just makes me curious to where you are coming from!:confused:

Chin up HOP!! You are a positive influence on the kids there in McCreary County and a class act to boot. I've always been impressed with your positive attitude on here.:thumb::thumb::thumb: Good luck to you all, except against the Rock.:D