Cooper 74 Newport 0 (Frosh)

greeny94

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so where do you think cooper will be 3-4 years down the road assuming that they get as big or bigger (physically) as the rest of teams in nky?

I am not taking away from Cooper because obviously they have a very very good freshman team. However they are playing teams that they shouldn't be playing, you wouldn't see scores like this if they were playing in the freshman league that was for the bigger schools. I am not saying Cooper did anything wrong, because I am sure if they knew they would have a freshman team this good this soon, that they would have had them in the bigger freshman league. :thumb:

I am not taking away from Cooper because obviously they have a very very good freshman team. However they are playing teams that they shouldn't be playing, you wouldn't see scores like this if they were playing in the freshman league that was for the bigger schools. I am not saying Cooper did anything wrong, because I am sure if they knew they would have a freshman team this good this soon, that they would have had them in the bigger freshman league. :thumb:

Right on!! A lot of people, I am sure, question the move for the freshman Jags to play in the lower league. But you must keep into consideration that the decision and the scheduling process begun back in February. The decision came based completely on last years team and lack of knowledge that the freshman team would be this good. Good job Freshman Jags and keep up the hard work.:thumb:

I, also, would like to hear a detailed report on the game. Talked with a few people in attendance and they said that Newport through the ball quite a few times in the first half and Cooper returned a couple for touchdowns. 74 points seems like a lot, but I was also told that some of Cooper's 2nd team was in the game in the 2nd quarter and full 2nd team after halftime. Anyone that was at the game that can add on to that?

Newport was absolutely terrible tonight. With that said, Cooper's freshman coaching staff had better learn to manage the game a little better, or when they get to the big class they will have a rude awakening coming. Let me be clear, the score was not run up, I forget how many TDs were off of poorly thrown balls for INTs. At least 3 if not 4. But taking a knee with the 1st team up 52-0 and 59-0 in the first half on an Xtra point, and then going for 2 with the 2nd team in the second half. Run your 2nd team out for xtra points if you are just going to take a knee and add salt to the wound. Just think the coaching staff should re-evaluate their game management. This score could have been 100 to nothing with ease. Also the complaining about Newport taking to much time on plays when the score is 74-0. Good luck getting that call for delay of game. Just heard that little complaint after the game. Good luck to both teams on the rest of your season.:thumb:

I don't blame Cooper for playing down but with that comes some responsibility. I would like to hear how Cooper ended up with 74 and a detailed explanation of how Cooper did not run up the score?

I agree. How long were the #1s in? Years ago I called the play for the #2s on O. For some reason most people think when the #2s come in it should be all hand offs. The #2s get pounded on all week in practice. When they get a chance to get in the game they want to give it their best. Now if the #1s were still in after they got up by 30 thats wrong.

I agree. How long were the #1s in? Years ago I called the play for the #2s on O. For some reason most people think when the #2s come in it should be all hand offs. The #2s get pounded on all week in practice. When they get a chance to get in the game they want to give it their best. Now if the #1s were still in after they got up by 30 thats wrong.

59-0 at half then the 2nd team played the 2nd half with a running clock.:thumb:

Personally, IMO, #2's, #3's, or #37's, if you are winning a game 59-0 there is no need to throw the ball.