Man Ram and Ortiz on "The List"

Of course, we know Man Ram's one but Big Papi too? I'm sure Red Sox fan doesn't care............

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/sports/baseball/31doping.html

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz, the sluggers who propelled the Boston Red Sox to end an 86-year World Series championship drought and to capture another title three years later, were among the roughly 100 Major League Baseball players to test positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, according to lawyers with knowledge of the results.

Oh, and so much for the..."What did it get Bonds and McGwire?" argument. It got Man Ram, Ortiz and Beantown a couple of titles.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't care who did or didn't test positive?

I think most people are in the same boat. I believe we would all like to know, just for curiosity's sake. But most people look at baseball players now through a guilty until proven innocent lens, and we just assume most all of the successful ones were cheating in the last decade. That's a problem that will take baseball a long time to distance itself from.

Am I the only one who doesn't care who did or didn't test positive?

I want to see the entire list. I want to know how a guy like David Segui would do if he was NOT on the juice. .291 average with 15 HR's per year. Not very "juice" like.........