Getting my wisdom teeth removed...

halfback20

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about not spitting and I spat up a little blood, but not too much. I didn't spit real violently or anything I sort of just let it come out. Will that hurt me?

I changed the gauze in my mouth about 20-30 minutes after the surgery because that's what they said to do. I tried eating a little soup but didn't feel like it. I did take a pain killer though.

You can put water in your mouth and then just open your mouth over the sink and let the water drain without spitting. Keep your gauze wet and gently put it on the area where the teeth were removed. I wish you the best.

Try to get the blood out of your mouth I couldn't and ended up puking most of it up.

And that didn't cause dry socket?!

I took a drink of water earlier and choked a bit because I'm still pretty numb. It caused me to cough one time, I hope that didn't hurt and cause dry socket. That's the only thing I'm worried about at this point.

I haven't really hurt very much at all.

And that didn't cause dry socket?!

I took a drink of water earlier and choked a bit because I'm still pretty numb. It caused me to cough one time, I hope that didn't hurt and cause dry socket. That's the only thing I'm worried about at this point.

I haven't really hurt very much at all.

No it didn't and I had 4 impacted. I think your are over thinking the dry socket. Just stay away from a straw and dont smoke. The worst part is over on to the recovery.

Cool. I don't smoke and I don't plan on drinking anything out of a straw for a long time :D.

Haven't been in too much pain. When i took the gauze off of the right side it started hurting a bit but went away not long after i put more gauze back on.

Glad to hear it Halfback. :thumb:

I honestly thought it would be much worse.

I'm a little sore and it hurts a little to eat sometimes...but nothing nearly as bad as I expected.

Not sure how it's going to feel the first time I swish salt water around in my mouth though. They recommended I do that after 24-36 hours.

Sounding good HB. Did you have all 4 out and were they impacted? If any of the areas stings at all when you touch it in a day or two you may have infection. I had it on my lower right and it nagged me but they gave me an antibiotic. Your sounding good though.

Sounding good HB. Did you have all 4 out and were they impacted? If any of the areas stings at all when you touch it in a day or two you may have infection. I had it on my lower right and it nagged me but they gave me an antibiotic. Your sounding good though.

I'm already taking an antibiotic. They gave me an antibiotic prescription and a painkiller.

I haven't touched any of the areas yet but sometimes when I eat it stinks slightly, but this is only the 1st day after the surgery.

The two bottom ones were impacted. The top ones were growing in, but slightly the wrong way, not into my other teeth though.

I'm still not feeling any significant pain. I was taking a painkiller every 4 hours just to stay ahead of any pain, but I started going to 6 hours now. Might stretch it out longer if I can.

You were smart and dodged the bullet before the top ones came in. I left all four of mine in impacted for about 5 years. That came back to haunt me those first 24-48 hours. That is good your already on antibiotics sounds like your road to recovery is looking good.