Getting my wisdom teeth removed...

halfback20

Got an appointment for Thursday at 3:00 PM in Richmond to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. Top two will be pulled, bottom two will be cut out.

Wish me luck! I'm ready to get them out. Been having some pretty bad pain caused by them lately. Hasta la vista wisdom teeth!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine taken out about 2.5 weeks ago.

I stopped having pain around the 4th or 5th day.

How bad was the pain afterwards for you? What kind of painkillers did they give you?

They gave me loratab for the pain that I'm having right now.

How bad was the pain afterwards for you? What kind of painkillers did they give you?

I only took 1 painkiller the first day, then I didn't take any more.

I forget what they gave me, but the pill didn't work.:lol:

Here's your old thread on the subject.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=183253&highlight=Wisdom+Teeth

I don't know what the meds were but my wife started feeding me one every 4 or 6 hours whether I wanted it or not. I was catatonic and Marlon Brandoish for 2 days. When I'd say, "I don't need a pill," she would yell, "You're not going to whine on my watch!!" :lol:

:lol: So yours wasn't bad Hatz?

I remembered that thread, but after posting it I went to the doctor and he didn't think it was my wisdom teeth at the time causing that pain. It may not have been. That pain went away and the last few days my lower back gum area started hurting really bad and my upper wisdom tooth started hurting pretty bad too.

I just took a loratab for the pain I'm in now. I dread getting them cut out but I know I will feel much better once it's done.

Unfortunately, later on down the road I have to get a root canal too.

:lol: So yours wasn't bad Hatz?

I remembered that thread, but after posting it I went to the doctor and he didn't think it was my wisdom teeth at the time causing that pain. It may not have been. That pain went away and the last few days my lower back gum area started hurting really bad and my upper wisdom tooth started hurting pretty bad too.

I just took a loratab for the pain I'm in now. I dread getting them cut out but I know I will feel much better once it's done.

Unfortunately, later on down the road I have to get a root canal too.

Define Bad? :D

Actually my experience was good. Sort of like Dewey Cox on his LSD trip with the Beatles. :lol:

I was 40 at the time and the Doctor said it was pretty difficult getting mine out (He did everything but plant his foot on my face he said.). But he respected my fear that all Dentistry is derived from Sadistic SS practices and he kept me well sedated. I got a little sick on the anestesia (sp?) but he shot me full of phenegren right away and didn't have much problem beyond that. When your wife is feeding you good drugs for two days, the world is a better place. :clap:

I might add I was swollen for nearly a week but a lot of that had to do with waiting till I was forty years old. :sssh:

I need mine cut out one of these days, around what kind of $$$ are we talking for all 4?

Depends upon whether you have dental insurance. We do. It cost me $50 for pre and post meetings and the surgery.

HB...........you will be in pain for a couple of days but it is well worth it to get rid of the "mouth terrorist":taz::D. I was lucky in that all of my wisdom teeth were pulled and did not have to be cut out. Like I said, you will have some pain and feel uncomfortable for a while but nothing compared to the pain of a toothache. I think that I only took a couple of the prescribed pain pills a day or so afterwards and then just tylenol.

Good Luck.

HB...........you will be in pain for a couple of days but it is well worth it to get rid of the "mouth terrorist":taz::D. I was lucky in that all of my wisdom teeth were pulled and did not have to be cut out. Like I said, you will have some pain and feel uncomfortable for a while but nothing compared to the pain of a toothache. I think that I only took a couple of the prescribed pain pills a day or so afterwards and then just tylenol.

Good Luck.

I've been having bad tooth aches off and on for the past few months, so this will be great to get rid of that forever!