Why the Memphis investigation is good for me as a UK fan.

mexitucky

They don't have anything on him or they would be using it. Seems like everyone forgets this whole Memphis thing started because of the womens golf program not the basketball program. They checked into all the sports and that is all they found in the basketball world. The media is getting what they want out of this. Putting thoughts into everyones head like this is about Cal but he is the small potato in the investigation. Womens golf is not even mentioned on the tv making it sound like Cal is the focus of the problem.:deadhorse:

Nobody cares about women's golf. That's why he's the focus.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody cares about women's golf. That's why he's the focus.

They focused on him and the men's team. They came up w/ a couple of flights and accused Rose of illegally obtaining eligibility. They went out of their way to say Calipari wasn't involved. It's others who are making this a big deal. Not the NCAA.

I don't care about it either but that was the focus of the investigation and not the basketball program as all the media wants everyone to believe.

No, the media just doesn't waste time on something nobody cares about. That's why you don't see coverage of soccer in the paper either, for the most part, or if you do, it's dwarfed by coverage of football, baseball and basketball.

No, the media just doesn't waste time on something nobody cares about. That's why you don't see coverage of soccer in the paper either, for the most part, or if you do, it's dwarfed by coverage of football, baseball and basketball.

You're telling me the media when the story broke weren't making the public believe there were major violations in the basketball program at Memphis? I know no one cares about womens golf. But the media turns things the way they want to for their benefit or agenda. There were not major violations in the basketball program and the beat goes on.

Here's basically all I'm saying. Calipari is an established coach not looking to make a name for himself. He has enough money for his grandkids to never work and has a chance to earn enough that their grandkids never need to work. Why throw away future earnings, his legacy, and destroy a program by having a kid illegally get in to school? Now say you're the "uncle" of a great player. You're broke and out of work. Your nephew is struggling to make grades and you know he may not test well. What would prevent you from finding any way possible to get him into a big time school?

Following the rules and making sure my nephew has the grades so he can be eligible would have been a priority when he was a freshman in high school. D-1 prospects don't magically appear in their senior year of high school. And no coach can stop "friends of the program" when they want something. Unfortunately, the head coach will suffer for not being able to control the "friends of the program".

Just out of curiosity, do you guys not think that WWW is capable of making sure players test scores are the eligible scores? I'm not saying he did it, but I would think he is capable of making sure someone like Derrick Rose has an acceptable SAT score and he seems to have the type of capability to pull that off rather successfully.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys not think that WWW is capable of making sure players test scores are the eligible scores? I'm not saying he did it, but I would think he is capable of making sure someone like Derrick Rose has an acceptable SAT score and he seems to have the type of capability to pull that off rather successfully.

No. That's not how Wes operates...

Following the rules and making sure my nephew has the grades so he can be eligible would have been a priority when he was a freshman in high school. D-1 prospects don't magically appear in their senior year of high school. And no coach can stop "friends of the program" when they want something. Unfortunately, the head coach will suffer for not being able to control the "friends of the program".

Some people will really reach.:ohbrother:

You're telling me the media when the story broke weren't making the public believe there were major violations in the basketball program at Memphis? I know no one cares about womens golf. But the media turns things the way they want to for their benefit or agenda. There were not major violations in the basketball program and the beat goes on.

I think you're viewing it through blue-tinted glasses and seeing what you want to see. He is the coach at UK, occupying arguably the most high-profile job in college basketball. Players at his former school are suspected of cheating to get eligible to play. It's a big story no matter what schools are involved. This time it just happens to be Memphis State and its former coach.

Please stop acting like "the media" gathers around for a meeting in some secret room to decide who's this week's occupant of the hot seat. It's completely absurd.

I think you're viewing it through blue-tinted glasses and seeing what you want to see. He is the coach at UK, occupying arguably the most high-profile job in college basketball. Players at his former school are suspected of cheating to get eligible to play. It's a big story no matter what schools are involved. This time it just happens to be Memphis State and its former coach.

Please stop acting like "the media" gathers around for a meeting in some secret room to decide who's this week's occupant of the hot seat. It's completely absurd.

No one said that they gather around in a room and plot. You are one to talk about tinted glasses if you don't think members of the media are out to find anything they can on Cal and will do and say anything to try and discredit him. I don't think all members of the media do but there are several out there that fall into this category.

No one said that they gather around in a room and plot. You are one to talk about tinted glasses if you don't think members of the media are out to find anything they can on Cal and will do and say anything to try and discredit him. I don't think all members of the media do but there are several out there that fall into this category.

I think the media knows a good story when they see one and obviously, they aren't making this stiff up. The media is just doing their job.