June 11, 200917 yr But you have to be drunk for that to happen. Cal hasn't been proven drunk yet, or even drinking for that matter.:ohbrother: To piggy-back on my earlier analogy, the car he now drives has a long history of drunk driving-related accidents. And Calipari has managed to have a few DUIs thrown out of court on technicalities.
June 11, 200917 yr To piggy-back on my earlier analogy, the car he now drives has a long history of drunk driving-related accidents. He wasn't driving though was he?
June 11, 200917 yr How can all of this be good for UK. It has already changed things for our players. They cant even get a free meal anymore. Whats next? Will they have to start doing their own homework or buy their own cars?
June 11, 200917 yr Author How can all of this be good for UK. It has already changed things for our players. They cant even get a free meal anymore. Whats next? Will they have to start doing their own homework or buy their own cars? Point well taken.
June 11, 200917 yr To piggy-back on my earlier analogy, the car he now drives has a long history of drunk driving-related accidents. And Calipari has managed to have a few DUIs thrown out of court on technicalities. He wasn't driving though was he? Beat me to the punch before I had a chance to edit it.
June 11, 200917 yr If we're going to use this DUI analogy (which is silly), then its more like he went out drinking with some buddies, left first, and took a cab home. After he left, one of his buddies left the bar and got a DUI. He didn't know about, or encourage the act, but he was in the area and friends with the guy.
June 11, 200917 yr Ok I'm going to make it more simple. WWW and Cal already are rich, have huge connections, and a legacy to guard. Derek Rose was a kid that needed an avenue to play college ball. Who is more likely to knowingly cheat the system? There are kids in Northern Kentucky the last few years that are capable of playing Division 1 basketball. None from that school have made it yet and at least one Senior from next year will not be eligible. They've known for a while he was capable of playing D1. It happens. What legacy does WWW have to guard? I know it happens. I never said it didn't.
June 11, 200917 yr What legacy does WWW have to guard? I know it happens. I never said it didn't. He's connected to everything including great high school players and big college programs. If he is found to be illegally qualifying guys (absurd by the way) he will lose a ton of power and influence as well as possible connections and money. It's really only worth it for one party, but believe what you want.
June 12, 200917 yr He's connected to everything including great high school players and big college programs. If he is found to be illegally qualifying guys (absurd by the way) he will lose a ton of power and influence as well as possible connections and money. It's really only worth it for one party, but believe what you want. So he's another Sonny Vaccaro without a big time shoe corporation behind him? He's also connected to LeBron James and Allen Iverson. I am sure he'd be just fine if he was found to have done something illegal. However, gametime said WWW doesn't operate like that so I'll take gametime's word for it. Gametime has always been right in my dealings with him and I have no reason to not take his word for it. I only used him as an example anyway. WWW has been labeled as one of the "shady" acquaintances of Calipari. I would think that a guy with his power, influence, connections and money as you mentioned would certainly be capable of arranging for someone to take a test for Derrick Rose, someone who WWW helped to bring to Calipari in the first place.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.