Greenup County Musketeer Killed in Car Accident

At a time like this Prayer is the only thing that can help. I know what this Familey and Coaching Staff is goning through. I have lost 2 players in Car Accidents over the years. Prayers and thoughts to all. May God touch all in a special way.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visitation is tentatively set for the High School at 4pm on Saturday. If this does not work out, it will be at the First Christian Church in South Shore at the same time. Morton Funeral Home is in charge of the service.

I was told by a board member that McKell Elementary has also been offered as a possible visitation site.

I was told by a board member that McKell Elementary has also been offered as a possible visitation site. Visititation is still up in the air. The church, MES and GCHS are all possibilities.

Please post a message for us as soon as you know the visitation site. Thanks!

They made an announcement at the high school that the visitation would be at the Christian Church in So. Shore.

Thanks for the information. This is going to be a rough weekend for the family and our Team and we appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

I hope that you all will indulge me these few minutes to say what I can't seem to get out of my mind these past couple of days since I heard the news. And yesterday as I drove home from the church after the visitation, I've never felt more heartsick that I can recall.

First, I moved here to South Shore, KY as a fifth grader before the end of the school year. Played the remainder of the baseball season and all stars and then before the 6th grade year started, of course, football season started. I moved from Pittsburgh where you didn't start playing football until the 6th grade to KY where you started in the 2nd grade. My first practice was in pads and all I had was shoulder pads and a helmet. So, needless to say, I watched the first day. Some of the kids made fun a little as I sat and watched and then I saw Frog Meenach. Toughest kid I ever saw to that point. No one wanted to go thru drills with him, he was a beast. After practice, and I'm sure he'd never recall this, he came to me and said "you better get the right pants, this game is gonna hurt without them". Something I'll never forget. My first football practice and meeting with Frog ironically was in the field now occupied by the church that we were in yesterday for the viewing of his son.

Frog remained one of the toughest guys around, especially on the football field. And although our paths would lead us in different directions we remained friends. Our sons were the same age, which meant that we saw each other from time to time in the basketball gym, football field, etc. As a matter of fact, the last time we talked was at the district tournament in Raceland and he was excited about Zach's chances at QB, which I told him was kinda funny because Frog couldn't throw it 20 yards.

Now, as I stand in the line wrapped around the church waiting to offer my deepest sympathy for what is a parent's absolute worst nightmare, there stands one of the toughest guys I know and what can I possibly say to him that is going to console him? I prayed about it, I thought over and over about it, and finally realized that there are no words to comfort them right now. So I told him that as I hugged his neck, and it was him, once again, offering words of comfort to me. Telling me to never take the time with my son for granted.

As I head to church in just a minute, I'll have my family in tow, while my friend goes to bury one of his own. I pray that God will comfort the family in a special way that only He can. By all accounts, young Zach was a Christian young man. And there is tremendous comfort in knowing that they can be reunited in Glory.

I know that this is a football thread and I understand that it will be very difficult on them this season, physically and emotionally as well. But my thoughts go to Frog. How difficult will it be to go to Lloyd and walk through the fence and on to the field? Again, I pray a special hedge of protection around the Meenach family and all of GC this season. And I pray courage that only the Lord can provide for one of the toughest guys I know.

I hope that you all will indulge me these few minutes to say what I can't seem to get out of my mind these past couple of days since I heard the news. And yesterday as I drove home from the church after the visitation, I've never felt more heartsick that I can recall.

First, I moved here to South Shore, KY as a fifth grader before the end of the school year. Played the remainder of the baseball season and all stars and then before the 6th grade year started, of course, football season started. I moved from Pittsburgh where you didn't start playing football until the 6th grade to KY where you started in the 2nd grade. My first practice was in pads and all I had was shoulder pads and a helmet. So, needless to say, I watched the first day. Some of the kids made fun a little as I sat and watched and then I saw Frog Meenach. Toughest kid I ever saw to that point. No one wanted to go thru drills with him, he was a beast. After practice, and I'm sure he'd never recall this, he came to me and said "you better get the right pants, this game is gonna hurt without them". Something I'll never forget. My first football practice and meeting with Frog ironically was in the field now occupied by the church that we were in yesterday for the viewing of his son.

Frog remained one of the toughest guys around, especially on the football field. And although our paths would lead us in different directions we remained friends. Our sons were the same age, which meant that we saw each other from time to time in the basketball gym, football field, etc. As a matter of fact, the last time we talked was at the district tournament in Raceland and he was excited about Zach's chances at QB, which I told him was kinda funny because Frog couldn't throw it 20 yards.

Now, as I stand in the line wrapped around the church waiting to offer my deepest sympathy for what is a parent's absolute worst nightmare, there stands one of the toughest guys I know and what can I possibly say to him that is going to console him? I prayed about it, I thought over and over about it, and finally realized that there are no words to comfort them right now. So I told him that as I hugged his neck, and it was him, once again, offering words of comfort to me. Telling me to never take the time with my son for granted.

As I head to church in just a minute, I'll have my family in tow, while my friend goes to bury one of his own. I pray that God will comfort the family in a special way that only He can. By all accounts, young Zach was a Christian young man. And there is tremendous comfort in knowing that they can be reunited in Glory.

I know that this is a football thread and I understand that it will be very difficult on them this season, physically and emotionally as well. But my thoughts go to Frog. How difficult will it be to go to Lloyd and walk through the fence and on to the field? Again, I pray a special hedge of protection around the Meenach family and all of GC this season. And I pray courage that only the Lord can provide for one of the toughest guys I know.

Thanks for sharing spindoc, all of us close to frog, know exactly how you feel.