Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari on 'Rome is burning'

Featured Replies

He seems very very very thrilled to be at kentucky!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Jim Rome said maybe yesterday that its not if Cal will win a title at UK, but rather a question of how many.

Can't stand Jim Rome but I'm sorry I missed this segment.

He said that he was flying back to Lexington to meet with his team tonight.

 

I hope his arms aren't getting too tired from all this flying. :lol:

  • Author
Does his show only air once a day?
Yes, but you can probabbly see the show on espn.com!:thumb:
Can't stand Jim Rome but I'm sorry I missed this segment.

 

Same here. Such an arrogant hack.

 

Years ago he used to just blast Nascar and ridicule their fans constantly. I am NOT a Nascar fan and it still bothered me.

 

Then a couple of top drivers came on his radio show and he just fell all over himself worshipping them. Made me sick.

 

Heard him one day just ripping soccer as not being a real sport. Stated that he didn't care how popular it was around the world, if it wasn't popular in America, it wasn't a 'real' sport.

 

He is one guy that I would really like to punch dead in the face, ... and I am not a violent person.

I lost respect for Jim Rome when he blasted Charles White's (heisman winner) 12 year old son for dropping a flyball, costing his team a chance to win the Little League World Series.

He can be entertaining at times but he spends too much time worshipping guests and ripping those that do not come on

Rome is funny and entertaining but he can reiterate himself too much and the reason he worships his guests is because he is always selling. What is he selling? Well he's selling job security. He has been on the air for over 15 yrs now and is considered one of the most respected by professional athletes. Well, outside of Jim Everett. LOL

 

His show has changed a ton since the late 90's when I would sit in my car at lunch and spit my food out listening to him rip callers, make fun of numerous sports and literally make my day. He has certainly tamed that down in the last 5 yrs or so and is now doing what he has to do to make that money and secure his finances for life. He now has a family and you can just tell he has changed. Very controversial but in also very entertaining. I saw him at the Cintas Center a few years back when he was on his tour across America.

 

His TV show is lame IMO because he cant do the same things he can on radio and he tries to mix in some quips but they sound so rehearsed and staged they are not even funny. The radio quips are great because they are adlib and real.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.