Calipari on 'Rome is burning'

The Big Apple

Can't stand Jim Rome but I'm sorry I missed this segment.

Same here. Such an arrogant hack.

Years ago he used to just blast Nascar and ridicule their fans constantly. I am NOT a Nascar fan and it still bothered me.

Then a couple of top drivers came on his radio show and he just fell all over himself worshipping them. Made me sick.

Heard him one day just ripping soccer as not being a real sport. Stated that he didn't care how popular it was around the world, if it wasn't popular in America, it wasn't a 'real' sport.

He is one guy that I would really like to punch dead in the face, ... and I am not a violent person.

Rome is funny and entertaining but he can reiterate himself too much and the reason he worships his guests is because he is always selling. What is he selling? Well he's selling job security. He has been on the air for over 15 yrs now and is considered one of the most respected by professional athletes. Well, outside of Jim Everett. LOL

His show has changed a ton since the late 90's when I would sit in my car at lunch and spit my food out listening to him rip callers, make fun of numerous sports and literally make my day. He has certainly tamed that down in the last 5 yrs or so and is now doing what he has to do to make that money and secure his finances for life. He now has a family and you can just tell he has changed. Very controversial but in also very entertaining. I saw him at the Cintas Center a few years back when he was on his tour across America.

His TV show is lame IMO because he cant do the same things he can on radio and he tries to mix in some quips but they sound so rehearsed and staged they are not even funny. The radio quips are great because they are adlib and real.