EKU 49 Kentucky State 1

KY Thorobred

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way that Kentucky State can prevent from getting beat down like this is to either put more effort into recruiting better players OR not have a team at all. It's pretty sad on their part of how bad of a team that KSU has. Like I've said before, their entire conference needs to either not sponsor baseball or go back to the NAIA level.

So it's all KSU's fault? Because the SIAC can't attract better players, that excuses EKU for the beat down? I think not....

EKU took the starters out in the first inining. They were told to not steal bases. Base hits that went all the way to the wall were turned into long singles because the runner was held at first.

I think Eastern's head coach did everything he could to hold down the score. He even tried to get them to not count the game or the stats. What else could he have done?

The way that Kentucky State can prevent from getting beat down like this is to either put more effort into recruiting better players OR not have a team at all. It's pretty sad on their part of how bad of a team that KSU has. Like I've said before, their entire conference needs to either not sponsor baseball or go back to the NAIA level.

They need to go to D3 level, they would be dominated at the NAIA level.

Wouldn't that be even more embarrassing to Kentucky State? I know I would take that as a bigger insult than them scoring 49 runs against me.

I agree with this.

What is better to do in a blowout situation like this is tell every hitter that a "hit and run" is on (obviously any runners on base would not be stealing). It forces them to swing at any halfway decent pitch (they obviously wouldn't swing at a ball in the dirt or up in their eyes) and since they are looking to take the ball the opposite way, would (at least in theory) limit the power hitting. Most hit and run plays produce singles. I would also tell the opposing coach in advance what I'm doing so his infielders can be prepared. It would help move the game along, keep the score down to some degree, and would actually be of some benefit to the winning team.

I agree with this.

What is better to do in a blowout situation like this is tell every hitter that a "hit and run" is on (obviously any runners on base would not be stealing). It forces them to swing at any halfway decent pitch (they obviously wouldn't swing at a ball in the dirt or up in their eyes) and since they are looking to take the ball the opposite way, would (at least in theory) limit the power hitting. Most hit and run plays produce singles. I would also tell the opposing coach in advance what I'm doing so his infielders can be prepared. It would help move the game along, keep the score down to some degree, and would actually be of some benefit to the winning team.

That is a very good idea. :thumb:

Pathetic - but at least these are men and not high school kids.

EKU's coach should have had some freakin foresight and including frosh and backups in the lineup card.

The starters started coming out in the first inning. It seems to me that K-State's coach should have used some foresight and not schedule this game.

Edited by nWo

Pathetic - but at least these are men and not high school kids.

EKU's coach should have had some freakin foresight and including frosh and backups in the lineup card.

How is it pathetic? Did you read the article...

The only thing pathetic is that these two teams played each other, and that K state couldn't stop them..

No.

I did not read the article. I frankly don't care. EKU is in the wrong here. Yeah, maybe KSU shouldn't have played them, etc, but I don't think it matters. If you absolutely have to, as head coach, you take the oppurtunity to teach your team (and growing young men) a little bit about life and hard knocks and mercy.

I know you can't make it obvious and I know its tough to ask trained athletes to lay down, but IMO doing the difficult goes with being a head coach.

THERE IS NO WAY IT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO 49 -1!!! I say bologna to those of you who would say otherwise.