Region reallignment?

Doesn't really matter how close they are; I can't see the city of Lexington being split up. It would be more likely that E. Jess and W. Jess would move back to the 11th, I think.

You may be right, I'm really not familiar enough with the area to know who could/should go where. Hence, the original question.

I'd keep an open mind on Lexington schools possibly being split though. They're split three ways in Kenton County right now.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter how close they are; I can't see the city of Lexington being split up. It would be more likely that E. Jess and W. Jess would move back to the 11th, I think.

I'd like to see that take place, but I am not sure how that would happen. Louisville is split into 2 regions and Northern Ky area is in 3 different regions. That being said I unerstand that Louisville is done out of necessity with so many schools.

As for LexCath moving to the 12th, geographically speaking that doesn't make sense, but I am guessing other Lexington schools wouldn't mind.

I'd like to see that take place, but I am not sure how that would happen. Louisville is split into 2 regions and Northern Ky area is in 3 different regions. That being said I unerstand that Louisville is done out of necessity with so many schools.

As for LexCath moving to the 12th, geographically speaking that doesn't make sense, but I am guessing other Lexington schools wouldn't mind.

Not just the Lexington schools, either ...

I heard that the 12th is getting the Madison County schools and sending the Jessamine County schools to the 11th.

Somebody had better start thinking about the length of travel that will be required if this happens. Currently it is a 35 to 45 minute bus ride to the Jessamine schools from Mercer but will stretch to 1 to 1.5 hours to the Madison Co. schools. This would give Mercer a 1 hour or longer bus ride to 10 of the 16 schools in the 12th region (Wayne, McCreary Central, Southwestern, Pulaski, Somerset, Casey, Rockcastle, Monticello and the 2 Richmond schools). Is this something that needs to be done in this time of economic and fuel issues?

Madison Central would do quite well in the 12th on a yearly basis if this were to happen.

You may think different of this after a 2.5 hr bus ride to Wayne Co. on a cold late Feb night. Oh, yeah. Don't forget about the 2.5 hr bus ride back that same night!