Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region reallignment?

Featured Replies

Doesn't really matter how close they are; I can't see the city of Lexington being split up. It would be more likely that E. Jess and W. Jess would move back to the 11th, I think.

 

 

You may be right, I'm really not familiar enough with the area to know who could/should go where. Hence, the original question.

 

I'd keep an open mind on Lexington schools possibly being split though. They're split three ways in Kenton County right now.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been told Madison Co. Schools were going to the 12th or 13th.

 

I really hope that they do not go to the 12th. This region is already spread out too far, IMO.

If a realignment were to happen, when would it take place?

I can't see Lexington schools being split. That's the center of the 11th Region. No one else wants them, so I'd be shocked if they didn't stay together in two districts.

Doesn't really matter how close they are; I can't see the city of Lexington being split up. It would be more likely that E. Jess and W. Jess would move back to the 11th, I think.

 

I'd like to see that take place, but I am not sure how that would happen. Louisville is split into 2 regions and Northern Ky area is in 3 different regions. That being said I unerstand that Louisville is done out of necessity with so many schools.

 

As for LexCath moving to the 12th, geographically speaking that doesn't make sense, but I am guessing other Lexington schools wouldn't mind.

I'd like to see that take place, but I am not sure how that would happen. Louisville is split into 2 regions and Northern Ky area is in 3 different regions. That being said I unerstand that Louisville is done out of necessity with so many schools.

 

As for LexCath moving to the 12th, geographically speaking that doesn't make sense, but I am guessing other Lexington schools wouldn't mind.

Not just the Lexington schools, either ...
Not just the Lexington schools, either ...

 

The 12th region wouldn't be happy with it. I am sure no one in the 11th would object.

The 12th region is spread far enough now, when you consider Wayne and McCreary County to Jessimine Co. and over to Mercer Co.

They should scratch the whole thing and start over!

I heard that the 12th is getting the Madison County schools and sending the Jessamine County schools to the 11th.

I heard that the 12th is getting the Madison County schools and sending the Jessamine County schools to the 11th.

If they do move in this way it makes sense to me.

I heard that the 12th is getting the Madison County schools and sending the Jessamine County schools to the 11th.

 

Somebody had better start thinking about the length of travel that will be required if this happens. Currently it is a 35 to 45 minute bus ride to the Jessamine schools from Mercer but will stretch to 1 to 1.5 hours to the Madison Co. schools. This would give Mercer a 1 hour or longer bus ride to 10 of the 16 schools in the 12th region (Wayne, McCreary Central, Southwestern, Pulaski, Somerset, Casey, Rockcastle, Monticello and the 2 Richmond schools). Is this something that needs to be done in this time of economic and fuel issues?

I think it would make the Sweet 16 much better if they could somehow split the 11th region, but I don't know if thats realistic to do or not. It would benice to see Madison Central moved into another region though.

Madison Central would do quite well in the 12th on a yearly basis if this were to happen.

Madison Central would do quite well in the 12th on a yearly basis if this were to happen.

 

You may think different of this after a 2.5 hr bus ride to Wayne Co. on a cold late Feb night. Oh, yeah. Don't forget about the 2.5 hr bus ride back that same night!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.