Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Region reallignment?

Featured Replies

You may think different of this after a 2.5 hr bus ride to Wayne Co. on a cold late Feb night. Oh, yeah. Don't forget about the 2.5 hr bus ride back that same night!

 

Where do you get 2 1/2 hours from? Are they driving 30 MPH? It should take a bus no more than 1:45 to get from Richmond to Monticello.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you get 2 1/2 hours from? Are they driving 30 MPH? It should take a bus no more than 1:45 to get from Richmond to Monticello.

 

I have never made this drive myself but according to Yahoo Maps this is the time that it would take to get from Richmond to Monticello.

I have never made this drive myself but according to Yahoo Maps this is the time that it would take to get from Richmond to Monticello.

 

I see. For future reference, most of those map sites estimate drive times as though you're never exceeding about 45-50 mph.

I remember a time in the 60's when Bryan Station was in the 10th, so it is (was) possible to split the city schools. As far as bus rides, I am from Fleming County and our kids rode a bus 4 1/2 hours to play football in 2007 at Cawood. The schools in Harlan County consolidated and they made that bus ride to our place in 2008. That's a long ride.

I remember a time in the 60's when Bryan Station was in the 10th, so it is (was) possible to split the city schools. As far as bus rides, I am from Fleming County and our kids rode a bus 4 1/2 hours to play football in 2007 at Cawood. The schools in Harlan County consolidated and they made that bus ride to our place in 2008. That's a long ride.

 

These are good points but I was just pointing out that the good people at Madison Central, Model and Madison Southern shouldn't be getting too giddy about joining the 12th due to the distance that they will have to travel to play. But, then again they may just be happy to not have to play the Lexington schools anymore.

I see. For future reference, most of those map sites estimate drive times as though you're never exceeding about 45-50 mph.

 

I have used this site many times and the timing is not always 100% correct but it does put you into the ball park.

What I am saying is that the Richmond schools may not want these long drives and extra gas expense that they will sure to incur if they join the 12th.

Also, even though the 12th is not a power region it will not be a sure thing for Madison Central to win. Just ask the Jessamine schools.

These are good points but I was just pointing out that the good people at Madison Central, Model and Madison Southern shouldn't be getting too giddy about joining the 12th due to the distance that they will have to travel to play. But, then again they may just be happy to not have to play the Lexington schools anymore.

 

There's no requirement for a minimum number of in-region games, so I doubt the Madison Co. schools would change their scheduling habits much beyond what they are now. The only difference would be trips to the region tournament, which generally rotates between Pulaski and Lincoln, which would be similar distance to Frankfort in the years when the 11th is at the Civic Center. Heck, it might work out even better for them travel-wise, as they could use EKU as a permanent home for the 12th Region tournament, if the rest of the region chose to go along with it.

I have never made this drive myself but according to Yahoo Maps this is the time that it would take to get from Richmond to Monticello.

 

I see. For future reference, most of those map sites estimate drive times as though you're never exceeding about 45-50 mph.

 

I live in Somerset, it is a 50 minute drive to Richmond and a 30 minute drive to Wayne County. It would not be over an hour and 20 minute drive.

I live in Somerset, it is a 50 minute drive to Richmond and a 30 minute drive to Wayne County. It would not be over an hour and 20 minute drive.

 

I was allowing a little more time because of the buses, but yeah, based on what I remember from those trips when I lived in Somerset, it wouldn't be that bad going from Richmond to Monticello, even for a bus. Especially when you consider you can bypass most of Somerset's traffic with that connector road. (KY 914?)

I was allowing a little more time because of the buses, but yeah, based on what I remember from those trips when I lived in Somerset, it wouldn't be that bad going from Richmond to Monticello, even for a bus. Especially when you consider you can bypass most of Somerset's traffic with that connector road. (KY 914?)

 

You're right, the buses would add a little bit to the trip. I live right downtown and I can be to the first main Richmond exit in 50 minutes and to Wayne County High in 30 minutes by car. The 914 bypass really cuts some time off the trip when coming in from the east. They're doing some more work that might allow you to come out at the 27/90 intersection and save even more time but I'm not sure how that's all going to be laid out.

You're right, the buses would add a little bit to the trip. I live right downtown and I can be to the first main Richmond exit in 50 minutes and to Wayne County High in 30 minutes by car. The 914 bypass really cuts some time off the trip when coming in from the east. They're doing some more work that might allow you to come out at the 27/90 intersection and save even more time but I'm not sure how that's all going to be laid out.

OK. Lesson learned! Do not use Yahoo Maps when traveling from Richmond to Wayne Co.:idunno:

You may think different of this after a 2.5 hr bus ride to Wayne Co. on a cold late Feb night. Oh, yeah. Don't forget about the 2.5 hr bus ride back that same night!

 

 

Actually Madison Central has been doing a home and home series with Wayne County for about 5 years now. I believe it started my son's senior year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.