Rick Pitino to Arizona????

Eagle 4 Life

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Pitino will leave either, but how about this scenario.

Pitino advises Donovan not to take the UK job because the UofL job will be coming open, and tells Donovan that he would love UofL a lot more than UK, and that he will make sure he gets the job. :sssh::D

Funny. Of course then Grant has been stabbed in the back for being allowed to commit to Alabama.

1. Rick fears no one.

2. What does AZ offer that he does not have better in the Ville?

3. Losing 3 very good players, still has plenty in the cofers and more on the way.

4. Horse Racing in AZ is a sprint with Quarter Horses, Nothing near as Beutiful as a thoroughbred.

5. Billy Minardi Hall.

Nicer weather is the only reason I can find for him to leave the Ville.

1. Rick fears no one.

2. What does AZ offer that he does not have better in the Ville?

3. Losing 3 very good players, still has plenty in the cofers and more on the way.

4. Horse Racing in AZ is a sprint with Quarter Horses, Nothing near as Beutiful as a thoroughbred.

5. Billy Minardi Hall.

Nicer weather is the only reason I can find for him to leave the Ville.

Fear the Rick :lol:

Whether Pitino leaves UofL or not, who knows. I'm fine with Calapari at Ky. let me get that out of the way. Many have laughed about Pitino coming back to UK but here are some things to consider. He has now been at UofL long enough to have that program a national championship. Lets face it Pitino and UK was a perfect marriage and could be again. One of the highest profile coaches and basketball progams anywhere created 4 final fours including 2 national championship games and one national championship. At Uof L he has one final four and one eilite 8. I think these stats are close but you get the picture. Not to say he will never win a championship at Uof L but it will never be what it was or could be again at Ky. As far as his reference to Pelphrey and Ford....

I bet if you cut Pitino open it would scream UK!!!!!!!!

Whether Pitino leaves UofL or not, who knows. I'm fine with Calapari at Ky. let me get that out of the way. Many have laughed about Pitino coming back to UK but here are some things to consider. He has now been at UofL long enough to have that program a national championship. Lets face it Pitino and UK was a perfect marriage and could be again. One of the highest profile coaches and basketball progams anywhere created 4 final fours including 2 national championship games and one national championship. At Uof L he has one final four and one eilite 8. I think these stats are close but you get the picture. Not to say he will never win a championship at Uof L but it will never be what it was or could be again at Ky. As far as his reference to Pelphrey and Ford....

I bet if you cut Pitino open it would scream UK!!!!!!!!

Don't know if he'd scream UK but what it could have been had he stayed?? It would have been something to behold IMO. He would have owned the State :)

Don't know if he'd scream UK but what it could have been had he stayed?? It would have been something to behold IMO. He would have owned the State :)

Let's be honest here, ... Pitino did a masterful job in rebuilding UK's program, no doubt. For that he will always be revered and should be. UK fans are forever in his debt for what he did.

But where were the big name recruits coming in when he left? Please name them, because I cannot remember who. He had so much talent in '96 and even '97, that he was having trouble getting the big time recruits to come and sit the bench behind these guys. He left Tubby with 0 All Americans. This is the same problem that Billy D has had at UF and partially why he has been in the NIT 2 straight seasons. He is having to rebuild.

I think there are so many fans who still really believe that UK would be in every final 4 and winning national titles every few years if he stayed. That wasn't going to happen IMHO.

Let's be honest here, ... Pitino did a masterful job in rebuilding UK's program, no doubt. For that he will always be revered and should be. UK fans are forever in his debt for what he did.

But where were the big name recruits coming in when he left? Please name them, because I cannot remember who. He had so much talent in '96 and even '97, that he was having trouble getting the big time recruits to come and sit the bench behind these guys. He left Tubby with 0 All Americans. This is the same problem that Billy D has had at UF and partially why he has been in the NIT 2 straight seasons. He is having to rebuild.

I think there are so many fans who still really believe that UK would be in every final 4 and winning national titles every few years if he stayed. That wasn't going to happen IMHO.

I agree 100% but it would have been a steady diet of Sweet 16's at the very least if not a bunch of elite 8's. Then thrown in final fours along the way. Always tough to to maintain the recruits when you have a ton of talent. Everyone wants to come in an start.

We also thought that Rick wouldn't ever leave Kentucky. At the time why would he with all the success he was having and the talent that he had.

Because his sole goal in life was not to make UK fans happy, despite what seemingly most of the Wildcat faithful seem to think.