Best Kentucky High School Team

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the best high school basketball team in the state over the past 40 years. I would have to go with the Louisville Ballard team (1977, I hope I got the year correct) with Jeff Lamp, Lee Raker, & Jerry Eaves. I believe all three went on to D-1 Schools after their high school careers. Eaves-Louisville, Lamp & Raker - Virginia(I Think, correct me if I wrong). Looking forward to reading everyone's responses!

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the best high school basketball team in the state over the past 40 years. I would have to go with the Louisville Ballard team (1977, I hope I got the year correct) with Jeff Lamp, Lee Raker, & Jerry Eaves. I believe all three went on to D-1 Schools after their high school careers. Eaves-Louisville, Lamp & Raker - Virginia(I Think, correct me if I wrong). Looking forward to reading everyone's responses!

That was a great team. I would add the Griffith-Turner Male High teams of the '70's to the list too.

The Male teams were great, but the best one - Griffith and Turner's senior year - didn't even get out of the district. So which team do you include?

1979 Lafayette - COMPLETELY dominated. I think only one flukey loss, and blowouts of practically everyone else.

Early 90's back to back Fairdale championship teams - hard to argue with back to back.

The Generals didn't even win the district that year as far as I recall, even winning the state that has to tack the luster off being the greatest team in the last 40 years. From 1960 to the present I would have to say Ashland in the early sixties or Fairdale who won three state tournies in 5 years!

Fairdale with Carlos Turner, Maurice Morris and Jermaine Brown. Easily the best high school team I've ever witnessed.

Turner was an absolute stud...a 6'5 point guard. He should have played at a major D-I school.

I'm confident that team could have handled any I've ever seen.