Holmes 72 Lexington Catholic 56

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most impressive part of this game to me was while Catholic was trying to make a comeback they were causing Holmes to turn the ball over way too much, but Holmes defense was doing an incredible job of not letting Catholic get too many points off of all the turnovers.

Way to go Holmes! It's gonna be hard to lose tomorrow, that's the Holmes team we've all been expecting to see this year with all those great athletes. Oh yeah, the dunkfest in the 4th quarter was a lot of fun to watch too.

The most impressive part of this game to me was while Catholic was trying to make a comeback they were causing Holmes to turn the ball over way too much, but Holmes defense was doing an incredible job of not letting Catholic get too many points off of all the turnovers.

Way to go Holmes! It's gonna be hard to lose tomorrow, that's the Holmes team we've all been expecting to see this year with all those great athletes. Oh yeah, the dunkfest in the 4th quarter was a lot of fun to watch too.

Holmes played a nice game. Was not impressed with their defense. Definitely impressed with their offense. Extremely good shooting. Great half court offense, very patient and unselfish. Will be a tall order for someone to beat them tomorrow.

Good Luck in the Semis

Holmes overall played great tonight! Up by 20 or so at half time with Pittman sitting out most of the half. Lex Cath was giving Holmes many open shots, you do not see that in the ninth! They did have a hiccup in the 3rd quarter, but I guess thats ok when you are up by 20 at half time and you can play tremendus defense!

I saw Vee Sanford tonight, and I hate to say it, but I was not impressed at all. He can not shoot the ball very well and he still shoots alot. I thought in the first quarter he took to many quick shots that gave the ball right back to Holmes. He is very quick and athletic. When he drove he seemed at times a little out of control, and he took a lot of off balence shots. Good luck to Vee and Lex Cath!

Good luck Holmes Bulldogs!! One step closer!

To me Rico Johnson was the most impressive player on the floor last night. I thought he locked up Sanford. Every shot Vee took was contested, he looked extremely frustrated.

Also, Holmes did a great job beateing Catholic's 2-2-1 press the first half when they attacked with the pass. They cut the press up with the pass. In he third quarter Holmes started trying to dribble through the Catholic press, and started turning the ball over (getting back tipped). When they went back to what they did the first half, attacking with the pass, the game was over.

If Holmes shoots as well as they did against Catholic the rest of the tournament, they will be cutting down nets Saturday night.

Holmes played a nice game. Was not impressed with their defense. Definitely impressed with their offense. Extremely good shooting. Great half court offense, very patient and unselfish. Will be a tall order for someone to beat them tomorrow.

Good Luck in the Semis

Not impressed with Holmes defense?

Are you serious?

Literally locked up Sanford and that frosh up. Threw away the key.

Dont see Sanford as major D-1 player. Dribble-drive-floater..