Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 AP All-State Team

Featured Replies

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

 

Hood, Mathies named POYs

Two University of Kentucky basketball signees have captured Player of the Year honors by the Associated Press in the state of Kentucky.

 

Madisonville's Jon Hood (left) was named Boys' Player of the Year, while Iroquois' Adia Mathies (right) won the Girls' Player of the Year honors. The two were named by the state's media outlets.

 

Joining Hood on the first-team All-State team were Elliott County's Jonathan Ferguson, Lexington Catholic's Vee Sanford, Scott County's Richie Phares and Covington Holmes' Elijah Pittman.

 

Three juniors - Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice, Holmes' Ricardo Johnson and Scott County's Chad Jackson - joined Elliott County's Ethan Faulkner, Corbin's Josh Crawford and Anderson County's C.J. Penny on the second team.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all the selected boys and girls. You have worked hard for this honor, enjoy!:dancingpa

Honorable mention:

 

Darren Ballou, Adair Co.; Aaron Cosby, Lou. Jeffersontown; Tate Cox, Knott Central; Chris Dowe, Lou. Eastern; Dakotah Euton, Scott Co.; Ge-Lawn Guyn, Scott Co.; Cameron Hall, Glasgow; Madison Johnson, Corbin; Timmy Knipp, Elliott Co.; Daniel Linder, Central Hardin; Russ Middleton, Mason Co.; Cody Miller, Knox Central; Eric Mosley, Lou. Moore; Demarco Phillips, Bardstown; Matt St. John, South Laurel; Josh Smith, Corbin; Robbie Stenzel, Clark Co.; James David Strange, Pineville; Corey Wilford, Christian Co.; Aaron Wilson, Fulton City; Vinny Zollo, George Rogers Clark

Coach of the year: Jason Booher, Shelby Valley

E Pittman

 

E Pittman 03524    J Riley 03521

 

Nice job this year Elijah :thumb: :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

R Johnson 03533  J Johnson 03523  B housley 03525

 

Ricardo Johnson 03533

 

One of the best defensive players in the state, great job Ricardo. :thumb:

 

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

IMHO, Stenzel should have been higher. I know he is a sophomore, but he was one of the best guards I have seen all season. I also think Seidel from North Laurel deserved to be on the honorable mention list. He has been one of the best offensive players I have seen the past few seasons.

Congrats to all, and with me being a Bulldog fan, a special congrats go out to Elijah and Ricardo, great job guys.

An honor for small class A school Elliott to have someone on the All-State Team. Not only one player, but they have 3 players listed among the names. Congrads to Jonathan Ferguson (FERG) on making the 1st team and Ethan Faulkner (ET) on making the second team. Also, Timmy Knipp made honorable mention. Congrads to T. Knipp. Was surprised that Evan Faulkner was not listed among the honorable mention names. He has signed a scholarship with D-1 Radford who by the way made the big dance winning both the regular season and tournament Big South crowns.:ylsuper:

Honorable mention:

 

Darren Ballou, Adair Co.; Aaron Cosby, Lou. Jeffersontown; Tate Cox, Knott Central; Chris Dowe, Lou. Eastern; Dakotah Euton, Scott Co.; Ge-Lawn Guyn, Scott Co.; Cameron Hall, Glasgow; Madison Johnson, Corbin; Timmy Knipp, Elliott Co.; Daniel Linder, Central Hardin; Russ Middleton, Mason Co.; Cody Miller, Knox Central; Eric Mosley, Lou. Moore; Demarco Phillips, Bardstown; Matt St. John, South Laurel; Josh Smith, Corbin; Robbie Stenzel, Clark Co.; James David Strange, Pineville; Corey Wilford, Christian Co.; Aaron Wilson, Fulton City; Vinny Zollo, George Rogers Clark

 

Is the full listing linked somewhere?

The only thing I am really surprised about looking at this list is Russ Middleton didn't make 1st or 2nd team. Everyone who made it was deserving of the recognition though.

Actually, I just did a copy/paste job from the AP wire with the rest of the info I didn't see in the link.

 

I'm not sure if any other papers have a full listing on their sites, but I'll probably post it on ours later in the day.

Was surprised that Evan Faulkner was not listed among the honorable mention names. He has signed a scholarship with D-1 Radford who by the way made the big dance winning both the regular season and tournament Big South crowns.:ylsuper:

 

This was the first thing that jumped out at me and I'm wondering if there wasn't some mix up at the AP. I wouldn't be surprised to get into work later today and see a correction.

 

I could be mistaken, but I think it only takes one first team vote or two second team votes to get on the honorable mention. Considering I gave him a second team vote, I find it a little hard to believe that nobody else in the state did.

Wow, no love for Evan Faulkner :confused:

IMHO, Stenzel should have been higher. I know he is a sophomore, but he was one of the best guards I have seen all season. I also think Seidel from North Laurel deserved to be on the honorable mention list. He has been one of the best offensive players I have seen the past few seasons.

 

Congratulations to all the 13th region players who are on these lists. Three from Corbin on honorable mention and Crawford on the second team no wonder they are in the sweet sixteen. I agree Seidel should be at least on the HM list.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.