Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 AP All-State Team

Featured Replies

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

 

Hood, Mathies named POYs

Two University of Kentucky basketball signees have captured Player of the Year honors by the Associated Press in the state of Kentucky.

 

Madisonville's Jon Hood (left) was named Boys' Player of the Year, while Iroquois' Adia Mathies (right) won the Girls' Player of the Year honors. The two were named by the state's media outlets.

 

Joining Hood on the first-team All-State team were Elliott County's Jonathan Ferguson, Lexington Catholic's Vee Sanford, Scott County's Richie Phares and Covington Holmes' Elijah Pittman.

 

Three juniors - Shelby Valley's Elisha Justice, Holmes' Ricardo Johnson and Scott County's Chad Jackson - joined Elliott County's Ethan Faulkner, Corbin's Josh Crawford and Anderson County's C.J. Penny on the second team.[/QUOTE]

 

Was there a tie in the 2nd team names because there are 6 people listed instead of 5. just curious.

Congratulations to all the 13th region players who are on these lists. Three from Corbin on honorable mention and Crawford on the second team no wonder they are in the sweet sixteen. I agree Seidel should be at least on the HM list.

 

To me, it shows just how talented Corbin is to have that many kids on the all state listings. Very impressive!

I agree; Josh Smith may have been their best player the last month of the season, he really finished strong. Glad to see him on the HM list.

I look forward to watching Stenzel, Setty, and Kevon Arnold Rice from the 2011 class.

I look forward to watching Stenzel, Setty, and Kevon Arnold Rice from the 2011 class.

 

Stenzel is one my favorite sophomores in Kentucky. He finds a way to make plays way ahead of his years. I was watching some tape on him and several times I caught myself saying 'Wow. How did he do that?'

I agree; Josh Smith may have been their best player the last month of the season, he really finished strong. Glad to see him on the HM list.

 

Josh Smith was da man in the post season.

Stenzel is one my favorite sophomores in Kentucky. He finds a way to make plays way ahead of his years. I was watching some tape on him and several times I caught myself saying 'Wow. How did he do that?'

 

One of my favorites too.:D Thanks for giving some praise to one of our GRC boys.

 

 

I also agree Seidel should be at least on the HM list.

Was there a tie in the 2nd team names because there are 6 people listed instead of 5. just curious.

 

Not sure. There were six on the girls' second team also.

One of my favorites too.:D Thanks for giving some praise to one of our GRC boys.

 

 

I also agree Seidel should be at least on the HM list.

 

Stenzel deserves all the praise he gets. I was watching the GRC vs NL tape the other day, and Stenzel and Seidel put on a show. I remember Boucher saying that the 2 best players on the floor both wore #21, and once I saw the tape, he was dead on accurate. :thumb:

Stenzel deserves all the praise he gets. I was watching the GRC vs NL tape the other day, and Stenzel and Seidel put on a show. I remember Boucher saying that the 2 best players on the floor both wore #21, and once I saw the tape, he was dead on accurate. :thumb:

 

They did put on a show, was a great game to watch. Is he a Jr?

Congratulations to all the 13th region players who are on these lists. Three from Corbin on honorable mention and Crawford on the second team no wonder they are in the sweet sixteen. I agree Seidel should be at least on the HM list.

 

I only saw 2 from Corbin on the honorable mention list, Josh Smith & Madison Johnson, along with Josh Crawford on the 2nd team. Seidel is a very good player and could have easily been on there as well.

Congrats to all of the boys that made it. Everyone was deserving and had great seasons.

Congrats to all these young men, you deserve it!

Congrats Ferg and Ethan on 1st and 2nd team

 

Congrats T. Knipp on Hon Mention

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.