Bank of Kentucky Arena

It's not easy for many kids to pay $8 to support their boy's and Girl's. In most cases, they will choose the boy's. Plus, it's not the most convenient drive either.

Only speaking for Boone, the fan support from the students is usually great for each and every game...so the $ is the only thing I can think of for lack of support.

Are talking about it not being convenient from Boone Co, to NKU? Because if you are, you have got to be kidding me! You do realize that a lot.....of BC students attend NKU and drive to school each and every day.

BTW the cost last year for one game, if I remember correctly, was $6.00 per game.

The crowd last night at the NDA vs HHS game was bigger (or so it seems to me) than in 06/07 first round regional game at Conner where NDA went up against Boone County.

My guess is that the Boone Co. students didn't want to attend a game that they thought would be a blowout, and it had nothing to do with the ticket cost or the distance to drive.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on record as saying I'll put up with the negatives at the schools like Conner, Ryle, and Holmes in order to have a great, electric atmosphere that you can't/won't get at BOK. There's no way in heck the girls felt like the crowd was "electric" nor will the boys. There will be over 6000 empty seats tomorrow night for the first boys game. Electric? Hardly. I'll take the hard seats. I'll take the pizza slices for $2. I'll take the walk from having to park far away.

High school basketball is meant to be played in high school gyms that are packed.

I'm with you, I'll take any 9th region gym over BOK. You can't even get tickets together with other parents from the same school. I'm sure it's not going to change so the people in charge need to look at the results at the end of the tournament and make whatever adjustments they can for next year.

Are talking about it not being convenient from Boone Co, to NKU? Because if you are, you have got to be kidding me! You do realize that a lot.....of BC students attend NKU and drive to school each and every day.

BTW the cost last year for one game, if I remember correctly, was $6.00 per game.

The crowd last night at the NDA vs HHS game was bigger (or so it seems to me) than in 06/07 first round regional game at Conner where NDA went up against Boone County.

My guess is that the Boone Co. students didn't want to attend a game that they thought would be a blowout, and it had nothing to do with the ticket cost or the distance to drive.

Hard to argue with you. You win!

It was a very good crowd. You always complain about the ND girl's never getting the support the CovCath boy's get. Perhaps the girls got the support because CovCath didn't move on this season.

The NDA students (numbers) were no where near the numbers of what CovCath would have, if they were in the show this year, but for a NDA student body cheering section, it was a rather very nice crowd. Good job girls

BTW I do get upset by the lack of support the CovCath boys give the NDA girls. Just doesn't seem right that the CovCath boys couldn't come out to support their friends and neighbors.....

Were those pictures taken during the game or during warmups? Where are the fans? As a player, would you want to play in front of a bunch of fans or a bunch of empty seats?

Looks to me that BOK is a first class arena... northern Kentucky basketball deserves the best! For most Campbell Countians, it got old driving out to Connor, Ryle and even over to Holmes. I really think the new venue will continue to attract crowds, fans and others as the tournament takes foot in its new home. Give 'em time to work out the bugs...

On the boys side Dixie principle will be giving his students 300 free tickets to get them to come out to the games. He is doing this because of the high ticket prices in the bad economic times.

/http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20090304/SPT0302/303040036/

The principal should be commended. To some, it's only $2 more than last year...to others, this year's economy is not quite like it was a year ago so every little bit helps...especially for a family.

The crowds will no doubt be better this weekend. It's a great facility.

A quick question, does everyone have to purchase a ticket (is there a minimum age?)

I took my 6 year old last night. I asked if he needed a ticket. They said everyone 2 years old and up n eeds to purchase a ticket.

I love the BOKC. My back loves the seats. I would much rather watch these games at the bigger arena on the bigger floor. The best games and biggest crowds are yet to come.

I only went to one game - the facilities were nice, big but not overwhelming - so that was good for high school - but would like to see them be more user friendly to high school sports - don't worry about selling "reserved seats" since no one policed where you sat - but fans didn't know that and some felt obligated to sit in the seat sold to them - designate a section for each of the high schools and sell general admission - let the fans sit with their fans - if you are just coming to watch games - you can move around as it suits you - the majority of the people coming to the games are only coming for their game - it isn't and probably won't be sold out so why sell reserved seats - it was too time consuming when purchasing tickets - let me just give them $8 and let them give me a ticket - it doesn't need to be put in a computer!

On Saturday you had 8 teams for 10th - each could have had a section to sit in - although they said that's what they said they were doing - for 2 pm game - we were sold seats in the overflow - although our sections wasn't full - didn't quite understand so we moved to be with our fans

When you get to the finals - one side is home the other is away - I still don't think you need to worry with reserved seats - if they get to the point that it is sold out - then solve the problem -

There were lots of BOK people around to answer questions - and they were nice -

I only went to one game - the facilities were nice, big but not overwhelming - so that was good for high school - but would like to see them be more user friendly to high school sports - don't worry about selling "reserved seats" since no one policed where you sat - but fans didn't know that and some felt obligated to sit in the seat sold to them - designate a section for each of the high schools and sell general admission - let the fans sit with their fans - if you are just coming to watch games - you can move around as it suits you - the majority of the people coming to the games are only coming for their game - it isn't and probably won't be sold out so why sell reserved seats - it was too time consuming when purchasing tickets - let me just give them $8 and let them give me a ticket - it doesn't need to be put in a computer!

On Saturday you had 8 teams for 10th - each could have had a section to sit in - although they said that's what they said they were doing - for 2 pm game - we were sold seats in the overflow - although our sections wasn't full - didn't quite understand so we moved to be with our fans

When you get to the finals - one side is home the other is away - I still don't think you need to worry with reserved seats - if they get to the point that it is sold out - then solve the problem -

There were lots of BOK people around to answer questions - and they were nice -

Three times Friday night I had to show my ticket because I was sitting in the front row reserved seat. The third time I was asked to show my ticket which was for that reseverd seat, I asked the girl to show me her credentials. She had none. She pointed to her shirt and said this is all I need. Maybe 8 people were sitting in the courtside seats, why harrass anybody during the game? It was crazy and it was a different person each time.