Bank of Kentucky Arena

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had seen some video footage of a game from there earlier this season, and the pictures reinforce my view that it's an impressive-looking facility.

I would submit that the girls' regional tournaments might be better served playing somewhere else.

What I don't understand is why the entire scoreboard isn't being used... they don't put the individual players on the board, the points they score,etc. All you get is the player that fouls. If we are paying for the package, why aren't the teams getting the package - announcing,etc.

just my .02.

Where are the fans? It didnt look like either team had a very big following.:confused:

The lacking ingredient seems to be the supporting students. They have not shown up in any real numbers yet, other than that the normal people are there in a very large arena.

That's why we are grateful for Griffin Industries and St. Elizabeth Sports Medicine for their sponsorship of our broadcasts. We would have been shut out if we had to rely on ticket sales like we would have before they came forward.

What I don't understand is why the entire scoreboard isn't being used... they don't put the individual players on the board, the points they score,etc. All you get is the player that fouls. If we are paying for the package, why aren't the teams getting the package - announcing,etc.

just my .02.

This was explained in another thread by the guy running the scoreboard. He says that portion of it is controlled by a stats program that runs during the college games and he can't get it to work without it. If he could, he would.

The lacking ingredient seems to be the supporting students. They have not shown up in any real numbers yet, other than that the normal people are there in a very large arena.

It's not easy for many kids to pay $8 to support their boy's and Girl's. In most cases, they will choose the boy's. Plus, it's not the most convenient drive either.

Only speaking for Boone, the fan support from the students is usually great for each and every game...so the $ is the only thing I can think of for lack of support.

It's not easy for many kids to pay $8 to support their boy's and Girl's. In most cases, they will choose the boy's. Plus, it's not the most convenient drive either.

Only speaking for Boone, the fan support from the students is usually great for each and every game...so the $ is the only thing I can think of for lack of support.

I Agree there should be a student price. If your team makes it to the Finals you have to fork out $24 and if your boys team is in the region as well you just keep adding onto that total.

just my .02.

This was explained in another thread by the guy running the scoreboard. He says that portion of it is controlled by a stats program that runs during the college games and he can't get it to work without it. If he could, he would.

AO, Sonny Crockett was referring to myself. I am the guy that is running the scoreboard. I want more than anything to be able to put the things you suggested up on the scoreboard but there wasn't anyone contracted out to do that portion of the scoreboard. It simply can't be done from the box that I run the scoreboard from because of the setup it is currently configured on.

When I get there today, I will ask if I can have the system that hooks up to the stat computer we use for NKU games. If they can do that, I will do my best to get that stuff up there. If not then it will have to stay the way it is. The scoreboard system with video boards and the side scoreboard cost right at $1 million and I don't want to go around tinkering with it and have it mess up on me.

Like I said, I will do everything I can to see if its possible for me to do it but I can't guarantee anything.

I had seen some video footage of a game from there earlier this season, and the pictures reinforce my view that it's an impressive-looking facility.

I would submit that the girls' regional tournaments might be better served playing somewhere else.

I attended the NDA vs HHS game and I can GTD you that there were more fans there, then if the game were being played on a HS floor. Again for a HS girls game, the crowd was rather nice....

AO, Sonny Crockett was referring to myself. I am the guy that is running the scoreboard. I want more than anything to be able to put the things you suggested up on the scoreboard but there wasn't anyone contracted out to do that portion of the scoreboard. It simply can't be done from the box that I run the scoreboard from because of the setup it is currently configured on.

When I get there today, I will ask if I can have the system that hooks up to the stat computer we use for NKU games. If they can do that, I will do my best to get that stuff up there. If not then it will have to stay the way it is. The scoreboard system with video boards and the side scoreboard cost right at $1 million and I don't want to go around tinkering with it and have it mess up on me.

Like I said, I will do everything I can to see if its possible for me to do it but I can't guarantee anything.

Aw go on tinker away . :banana::banana:

I attended the NDA vs HHS game and I can GTD you that there were more fans there, then if the game were being played on a HS floor. Again for a HS girls game, the crowd was rather nice....

It was a very good crowd. You always complain about the ND girl's never getting the support the CovCath boy's get. Perhaps the girls got the support because CovCath didn't move on this season.