Rededicate your life

Imagine a person giving their life to Jesus as maybe a young child/teen/or even an adult. They are faithful for a while and for some reason stop doing the things Christians are suppose to do......Fellowship in worship/studing the Bible/witnessing/tithing/other issues related to their beliefs.

Years later for many reasons (there could be quite a few) they come back to these beliefs. This process is mentioned by the Baptists Pastors as they do our invitation at the end of service.

He invites people who want to make a first time decision as well as the rededicate process that I mentioned. This could even be a Rebaptized situation which I have seen a lot recently. If you makes your heart feel better I agree 100%.

How do you feel about this? A young person, 18 told me they were saved at the age of 4. I didn't question it, but later talked with my wife and we both agreed it was different for such a young person to have the knowledge of how a new Christian should act. I couldn't read well until I was 7....Alabama schools?

What if a "Saved person" stop believing and stop doing the things I mentioned and never come back to the LORD?

I do worry about people who tell me "I used to go a lot and now I haven't gone to church in years". The church doesn't save you, but how is a person fed and learn if they don't have a form of Bible study whether at a church or some avenue?

Repent is mentioned a lot in scripture.

This is a very interesting question. However, I feel that there are two answers.

If a believer has renounced his faith, I believe that the scripture is very clear on this. Paraphrasing here, but Jesus said if you deny me, I deny you.

However, your question is more deeper than that. There is alot of talk about the works of a christian , the tithing, bible study, and so forth. I would suggest that is wonderful these works and christian should do these... but...

these works are not what makes anyone a christian, but you already know this.

I would suggest that the works teach us to very important things 1. to know our Father more, and 2. how to love.

So a christian falls from the works (and does not renounce their faith), but comes back. Does he or she need to be baptized?

I would say no, because I believe it is a continuation of the spirit working which will continue to work until the day He returns.

A couple of scriptures to think about:

"All that my Father hath given me, I've lost none; saving for the Son of Perdition and that so the scriptures might be fulfilled."

"Make your peace calling and election sure. If you do these things, you shall never fall."

"We are not like the dog that returns to the vomit or the sow that wallows in the mire."

Also, the Bible says if you were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift...if it were possible to fall..it would be impossible to be renewed. This would crucify Jesus afresh and bring Him to an open shame.

So, in my opinion, people who do those things you mention, were probably well-intended within their own capabilities; yet, they never fully "held out faithful to the end (of sin)" and were never saved.

A couple of scriptures to think about:

"All that my Father hath given me, I've lost none; saving for the Son of Perdition and that so the scriptures might be fulfilled."

"Make your peace calling and election sure. If you do these things, you shall never fall."

"We are not like the dog that returns to the vomit or the sow that wallows in the mire."

Also, the Bible says if you were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift...if it were possible to fall..it would be impossible to be renewed. This would crucify Jesus afresh and bring Him to an open shame.

So, in my opinion, people who do those things you mention, were probably well-intended within their own capabilities; yet, they never fully "held out faithful to the end (of sin)" and were never saved.

Again, would you mind citing some of these "verses from the Bible" so we can find them and look them up? You seem very adept at quoting them but not their location in scripture. We'd all love to read them for ourselves. :thumb:

So I asked a visitor to my church who wanted to "Come back to her faith and rebaptize". There is no rule if your desire is to get close to Jesus again. do it. But lets hope it doesn't happen again. So far she has been very faithful.

Lets look at Isaiah 55:7:8 Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts; let him turn to the Lord and he will have mercy on him and to our God he will freely pardon...8 and I love this verse...For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither your ways my ways, declares the LORD. verse 9.As the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways.

He says it twice so its important, we can't fathom God or question why things happen outside our control.

A man wakes up from the hospital bed and learning his wife and 3 children pass away from a drunk driver hitting their Honda van at a stoplight. Months later I hear him use this verse as he travels the south giving his testamony.

Imagine a person giving their life to Jesus as maybe a young child/teen/or even an adult. They are faithful for a while and for some reason stop doing the things Christians are suppose to do......Fellowship in worship/studing the Bible/witnessing/tithing/other issues related to their beliefs.

Years later for many reasons (there could be quite a few) they come back to these beliefs. This process is mentioned by the Baptists Pastors as they do our invitation at the end of service.

He invites people who want to make a first time decision as well as the rededicate process that I mentioned. This could even be a Rebaptized situation which I have seen a lot recently. If you makes your heart feel better I agree 100%.

How do you feel about this? A young person, 18 told me they were saved at the age of 4. I didn't question it, but later talked with my wife and we both agreed it was different for such a young person to have the knowledge of how a new Christian should act. I couldn't read well until I was 7....Alabama schools?

What if a "Saved person" stop believing and stop doing the things I mentioned and never come back to the LORD?

I do worry about people who tell me "I used to go a lot and now I haven't gone to church in years". The church doesn't save you, but how is a person fed and learn if they don't have a form of Bible study whether at a church or some avenue?

Repent is mentioned a lot in scripture.

A "saved person" may not study, tithe or witness for some time, but a "Saved Person" will always believe, sin and repent.

IMO it's impossible for a "Lost person" to repent. If a person is repentant of their sins, there's a very good chance they are saved. Agree?

Pig, I agree 100%.

Does the LORD hear the prayers of an unrighteous person. Would a nonbeliever pray?

It's that first and very important prayer/confess that determines if the rest are heard.

I would like to know your thoughts on Predestination and Election (Calvanism).

A "saved person" may not study, tithe or witness for some time, but a "Saved Person" will always believe, sin and repent.

IMO it's impossible for a "Lost person" to repent. If a person is repentant of their sins, there's a very good chance they are saved. Agree?

He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Hatz-I John 3:8-9.

Mr. I think the "starting point" he would be a believer to start.

People who believe in God but do not do any "Christian duties", even really attend church, but in the time of distress in their life they choose to pray.

They only come to God when there is a need.

It amazes me that in a 3 mile area near my church there are over 22K folks. And in our church we average 300. There are a few more churches in this 3 mile range and also people who drive a little to SouthEast Christian (6 miles).

Jesus said in John 14:6 "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life....no one comes to the Father except through me".

But my title of this thread I fear for people who THINK they have a true relationship with the Father, but haven't lived the life and might realize their error someday too late. Matthew 7:21/23 "Not everyone who says to me, LORD LORD will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in Heaven. Many will say to me on that day...LORD LORD did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out Demons and preform many miracles. Then I will tell them plainly....I never knew you...away from me you evildoers".

Good point, I see what you mean. I do this every morning. I dedicate myself to be the best person/husband/father/ I can be. I repent daily for my sins. But my thread is about people maker a life changing decision after making the same decision years earlier but not sticking to it.

In Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is LORD, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

He that committeth sin is of the Devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Hatz-I John 3:8-9.

Thanks for the citation. :thumb:

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

1 John 1:8-10

Mr. I think the "starting point" he would be a believer to start.

People who believe in God but do not do any "Christian duties", even really attend church, but in the time of distress in their life they choose to pray.

They only come to God when there is a need.

It amazes me that in a 3 mile area near my church there are over 22K folks. And in our church we average 300. There are a few more churches in this 3 mile range and also people who drive a little to SouthEast Christian (6 miles).

Jesus said in John 14:6 "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life....no one comes to the Father except through me".

But my title of this thread I fear for people who THINK they have a true relationship with the Father, but haven't lived the life and might realize their error someday too late. Matthew 7:21/23 "Not everyone who says to me, LORD LORD will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in Heaven. Many will say to me on that day...LORD LORD did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out Demons and preform many miracles. Then I will tell them plainly....I never knew you...away from me you evildoers".

I think that this is interesting! I would suggest that curiousity would be the starting point. Just a thought though!