Giants might have interest in Ocho Cinco at right price — maybe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go back you did knock Dallas and Washington. You have a different standard if it's the Giants. If Dallas or Washington was trying to get CJ you would be knocking them but it's all good because it's the Giants. You said teams like Dallas and Washington don't care about their chemistry but now all the sudden CJ won't be a chemistry problem because it's the Giants.

Plax, no he didn't hurt their chemistry this year. They really went on a tear when he decided to pack his gun around town.:lol:

Bradshaw.. I guess I should have turned the other cheak because it's the Giants. Just because he went to jail in college he gets a free pass because it was NY that took a chance on him not Dallas or Washington.

My point is you have a double standard when it comes to the Giants. Other teams take a chance on a guy and if it doesn't work out then they have sold out and don't care about chemistry. With the Giants if they take a guy that has been to jail or a guy that has helped tear his team apart all of the sudden they will be OK because it's the Giants. You want to rip T.O. etc and that is fine. I get sick and tired of guys like him and CJ too. However neither of them have been to jail which is more than I can say for Plax, Bradshaw etc.

I understand your thinking that CJ can make the Giants a better team and I agree. I just think people are wishful thinking if they think guys like T.O., CJ etc aren't going to do the same things they have done in the past if things don't go their way. The Giants lost a great talent in Shockey but IMO that made their team chemistry so much better and there is zero doubt Eli played a whole lot better. I just think it's a bad idea to bring another loud mouth me first guy in to rattle him again. It would be a setback for him IMO if they aren't winning games. If they win then it's all good but if they start loosing and he isn't getting the ball then I would be shocked if history doesn't repeate itself.

Dallas and Washington have a history of taking players that are known for doing stupid things while IN THE NFL.

Ahmad Bradshaw should not be considered in this discussion. The Giants drafted him in the SEVENTH ROUND, and he hasn't been in trouble at all since he's been in the NFL.

Dallas has taken players like TO, Pacman and Tank Johnson within the last 2-3 years.

Washington will take anyone.

I do not have any "double standards". I never said CJ would cause chemistry problems in Washington or Dallas, I just said that recently neither team has seemed to really care about team chemistry. Dallas is supposedly changing their tune now and they are considering releasing TO. I doubt it happens, but there were reports of that.

It might be a bad idea for them to bring in CJ. But I'll leave that up to Jerry Reese. Like I said before, I trust that he knows better than you or I.

Chad and Cheddar (if he is there) on the same team... good luck HB20!

I tend to agree with HB20 thus far on his references to Dallas and Washington. Plaxico was not in the ball park with some of those choices when they brought him in. I agree though, with Plax and his problems, bringing in Chad, would put them in the same ballpark!

I for one am very happy that it only happened in Cincy. Other teams should pay attention and not give in to players and their agents especially his agent.

Shut up and play or don't get paid. They would have taken too big of a cap hit also to take that offer. People keep saying how dumb the Bengals were but actually they were'nt.

Yeah...they were dumb. Are you telling me you couldn't have found enough dead weight on that roster to make the cap work and still finish at the bottom of the league?

Taking the picks from the 'Skins would have been a great move to jumpstart re-building the roster...the right way.

I'm sick of that cap excuse...bad teams like the Bengals use excuses. Good teams make it work.

As for taking a stand against a player...that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. The deal they were offered was far more value than Chad was worth...at some point you have to make the best decision for your organization and forget about trying to win a battle of egos with CJ.

That's why the Bengals are one of the worst franchises in sports...not just football. I wonder if Mike Brown thanks God for Al Davis every night...

Dallas and Washington have a history of taking players that are known for doing stupid things while IN THE NFL.

Ahmad Bradshaw should not be considered in this discussion. The Giants drafted him in the SEVENTH ROUND, and he hasn't been in trouble at all since he's been in the NFL.

Dallas has taken players like TO, Pacman and Tank Johnson within the last 2-3 years.

Washington will take anyone.

I do not have any "double standards". I never said CJ would cause chemistry problems in Washington or Dallas, I just said that recently neither team has seemed to really care about team chemistry. Dallas is supposedly changing their tune now and they are considering releasing TO. I doubt it happens, but there were reports of that.

It might be a bad idea for them to bring in CJ. But I'll leave that up to Jerry Reese. Like I said before, I trust that he knows better than you or I.

Chad wouldn't be a problem in NY...at least at first. They could get a good year or two out of him, IMO. As long as the team is winning and he's getting some looks, it should be a problem.

Plus, he's a good fit in NY, IMO. With their o-line and running game, it would really open up the deep ball which is what he does best.

It may or may not happen, but it makes sense to me.

Chad wouldn't be a problem in NY...at least at first. They could get a good year or two out of him, IMO. As long as the team is winning and he's getting some looks, it should be a problem.

Plus, he's a good fit in NY, IMO. With their o-line and running game, it would really open up the deep ball which is what he does best.

It may or may not happen, but it makes sense to me.

There have been a lot of articles recently suggesting that Giants to go after Anquan Boldin after the season is over. I'd rather have him than Chad :lol:.

There have been a lot of articles recently suggesting that Giants to go after Anquan Boldin after the season is over. I'd rather have him than Chad :lol:.

Can't fault you there...but, Chad would be worth the price for the Giants, IMO. What are they planning on doing with Plax?

Can't fault you there...but, Chad would be worth the price for the Giants, IMO. What are they planning on doing with Plax?

I don't know. I'd say they would keep him, but he's got legal battles to worry about until around the end of March. They will have to make a move for someone else soon if they want someone else.

Best case scenario would be for them to get another good WR anyways, and if Plax comes back it's just icing on the cake.

Anybody that gets Anquan is going to be a whole lot better IMO. I still think the Eagles might have cost themselves a shot at the Super Bowl not going after him harder before this season started.