Giants might have interest in Ocho Cinco at right price — maybe

Chad Ocho Cinco to the Giants? Hang on a minute. Yes, rumors have floated that the Giants might be interested in adding a receiver, especially given Plaxico Burress’ legal situation and the fact that Amani Toomer is a free agent and not likely to be back. But as much as GM Jerry Reese likes talent, we hear there might be some people in the organization who would oppose the move, given Ocho Cinco’s histrionics and the potential clash it might cause with the businesslike atmosphere head coach Tom Coughlin has worked hard to establish. That said, the Giants would be buying low. Ocho Cinco is coming off his worst season since becoming a star, and the Bengals are said to be willing to move him at a friendly price.

LINK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Bengals would take a third, being the fact they didn't take a 1st and 3rd from the Washington Redskins last year. I would of done that in a heartbeat. Yeah, Mr. Brown is that stupid.

I would take a 3rd in a heartbeat. Even though he is a talent. I don't think he gets credit for how good he as really been. He is the only WR to lead a conference in recieving four straight seasons...

I doubt the Bengals would take a third, being the fact they didn't take a 1st and 3rd from the Washington Redskins last year. I would of done that in a heartbeat. Yeah, Mr. Brown is that stupid.

I would take a 3rd in a heartbeat. Even though he is a talent. I don't think he gets credit for how good he as really been. He is the only WR to lead a conference in recieving four straight seasons...

Chad doesn't have as much value as he had last year. Some teams might be willing to offer more than a 3rd, but I doubt the Giants would.

Id take Steve Smith and a 3rd round pick for ocho stinko, even though I dont see the Giants including Smith or the Bengals even trading him. I would love to see them trade him for Breaston or Boldin from Arizona though even though thats wishful thinking

Id take Steve Smith and a 3rd round pick for ocho stinko, even though I dont see the Giants including Smith or the Bengals even trading him. I would love to see them trade him for Breaston or Boldin from Arizona though even though thats wishful thinking

No way the Giants give up Smith and a 3rd. Maybe Sinorice Moss and a 3rd :lol:...

I know they wont, but I just think Smith is very under rated wr. Hes not the star wide reciever but he always makes plays for you when you need them.

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed that Eli didn't go to him more towards the end of the season. Smith was huge for the Giants in last years playoffs.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE LET THE GIANTS TAKE HIM!!! With that being said no way I'm taking a 3rd rounder for him! Typical Bengals they had a first + some last year but passed it up like a bunch of idiots! I still think there are definatly teams out there that would at least give up a two and I'm not sure there aren't some dummy's that wouldn't give up a late 1st. You would think there isn't but there are guys that bite on the chance to get a #1 WR becasue they don't think they can do better in the late 1st.

If you are somebody like the Eagles with a late 1st then I can see why it would be tempting. He would make them better offensivley right away. (not chemistry wise)

In Jerry I trust; if he makes a move for Chad at the right price, it is a win for both teams. I would want to check out the draft class and wait for the combine before I did anything. I don't know what the timetable is for the move, but I would be patient if I were the Giants.

I'm sure Jerry Reese will make the right move.

The perfect scenario IMO, would be this:

The Saints GM would turn stupid all of a sudden and re-sign Jonathan Vilma to a new contract before free agency starts, thus giving the Jets their 2nd round pick, and forcing them to give their 1st and 5th to the Giants, instead of their 2nd and 5th. That would mean the Giants would have the 14th and 29th overall picks in the first round. They could then package those to picks and move up and draft Michael Crabtree.

I know it ain't happenin...but I'd love to see Crabtree play for the G-Men.