Giants might have interest in Ocho Cinco at right price — maybe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think getting Chad would be a good move for the Giants. On a good team, he wouldn't be a problem, IMO.

As for Cincy, the only way I'd move Chad is if I knew I could re-sign TJ. If TJ is gone, then I'd keep Chad. Only in Cincy could a team turn down potentially 2 first round picks for a guy, only to trade him for a third rounder a year later.

Stay in your own little world. Plax was no gamble and CJ isn't a chemistry problem only if he goes to Dallas or Washington :lol: I would love for you to sell me that Chad is a team first guy... PLEASE try!

I'm not sure where you are getting most of this.

I said Chad Johnson isn't on TO's level. I'll stick to that statement.

I honestly think getting Chad would be a good move for the Giants. On a good team, he wouldn't be a problem, IMO.

As for Cincy, the only way I'd move Chad is if I knew I could re-sign TJ. If TJ is gone, then I'd keep Chad. Only in Cincy could a team turn down potentially 2 first round picks for a guy, only to trade him for a third rounder a year later.

:thumb:

I for one am very happy that it only happened in Cincy. Other teams should pay attention and not give in to players and their agents especially his agent.

Shut up and play or don't get paid. They would have taken too big of a cap hit also to take that offer. People keep saying how dumb the Bengals were but actually they were'nt.

HB you try to throw off on Dallas + Washington saying they don't care about their chemistry but you have a double standard when it comes to the Giants. Shockey, Plax, Bradshaw etc. Now all of the sudden Chad Johnson is some great guy. Guys it's not hard. These guys like T.O., CJ etc are all good guys when they are getting the ball and their team is winning. When it's not about them they blow up! Cincy had a really good offense a couple of years ago and everybody loved Chad. It's pretty simple, once things get tough their true character comes out. I think CJ could help the Giants too but if things aren't going his way what makes you think he's not going to change like he did in Cincy?

Moss was the same way but not as bad as the other two IMO. Times were tough in Oakland and he was labeled a cancer. Times were great in New England and he is fine + dandy. They are all the same IMO.

You keep knocking T.O. but he did help lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl so I guess he was a success much like Plax except T.O. didn't get arrested:)

I'm not sure where you are getting most of this.

I said Chad Johnson isn't on TO's level. I'll stick to that statement.

You are right CJ hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl!:lol: They are both all about themselves. Work hard but when things aren't going good then their true character shows.

HB you try to throw off on Dallas + Washington saying they don't care about their chemistry but you have a double standard when it comes to the Giants. Shockey, Plax, Bradshaw etc. Now all of the sudden Chad Johnson is some great guy. Guys it's not hard. These guys like T.O., CJ etc are all good guys when they are getting the ball and their team is winning. When it's not about them they blow up! Cincy had a really good offense a couple of years ago and everybody loved Chad. It's pretty simple, once things get tough their true character comes out. I think CJ could help the Giants too but if things aren't going his way what makes you think he's not going to change like he did in Cincy?

Moss was the same way but not as bad as the other two IMO. Times were tough in Oakland and he was labeled a cancer. Times were great in New England and he is fine + dandy. They are all the same IMO.

You keep knocking T.O. but he did help lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl so I guess he was a success much like Plax except T.O. didn't get arrested:)

You keep saying these things that I've never said...where are you getting some of this?

The Giants never had a major problem out of Plax until the gun shot incident. He was never a chemistry issue, unless of course you think you know better than those inside the Giants locker room all season long :lol:.

Same with Ahmad Bradshaw. Why do you keep mentioning someone who has never been in trouble since he has been in the NFL? He spent time in jail, but that was for a crime he committed WHILE IN COLLEGE. He did nothing wrong while in the NFL.

As for Chad, when did I say he was a "great guy"? I have implied or maybe even stated that I think he would be fine for the Giants. I think putting him on a winning team in a new environment solves a lot of problems. For TO, that wasn't the case.

And once again, TO didn't lead the Eagles to the super bowl. He sat out the playoffs the year they went. He played in the super bowl...and lost.

TO didn't get arrested, but he didn't win a super bowl either. Plax did.

You are right CJ hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl!:lol: They are both all about themselves. Work hard but when things aren't going good then their true character shows.

I could take the time to list all of the idiotic things TO has done and compare them to Chads, but I don't want to. If you want to do that, by all means, go for it. But IN MY OPINION, Chad isn't as bad. And in case you are wondering, I'll stick by that regardless of whether or not he's traded to the Giants. He's definitely not a role model for how I would want my players to act, but he's no TO.

You keep saying these things that I've never said...where are you getting some of this?

The Giants never had a major problem out of Plax until the gun shot incident. He was never a chemistry issue, unless of course you think you know better than those inside the Giants locker room all season long :lol:.

Same with Ahmad Bradshaw. Why do you keep mentioning someone who has never been in trouble since he has been in the NFL? He spent time in jail, but that was for a crime he committed WHILE IN COLLEGE. He did nothing wrong while in the NFL.

As for Chad, when did I say he was a "great guy"? I have implied or maybe even stated that I think he would be fine for the Giants. I think putting him on a winning team in a new environment solves a lot of problems. For TO, that wasn't the case.

And once again, TO didn't lead the Eagles to the super bowl. He sat out the playoffs the year they went. He played in the super bowl...and lost.

TO didn't get arrested, but he didn't win a super bowl either. Plax did.

If you go back you did knock Dallas and Washington. You have a different standard if it's the Giants. If Dallas or Washington was trying to get CJ you would be knocking them but it's all good because it's the Giants. You said teams like Dallas and Washington don't care about their chemistry but now all the sudden CJ won't be a chemistry problem because it's the Giants.

Plax, no he didn't hurt their chemistry this year. They really went on a tear when he decided to pack his gun around town.:lol:

Bradshaw.. I guess I should have turned the other cheak because it's the Giants. Just because he went to jail in college he gets a free pass because it was NY that took a chance on him not Dallas or Washington.

My point is you have a double standard when it comes to the Giants. Other teams take a chance on a guy and if it doesn't work out then they have sold out and don't care about chemistry. With the Giants if they take a guy that has been to jail or a guy that has helped tear his team apart all of the sudden they will be OK because it's the Giants. You want to rip T.O. etc and that is fine. I get sick and tired of guys like him and CJ too. However neither of them have been to jail which is more than I can say for Plax, Bradshaw etc.

I understand your thinking that CJ can make the Giants a better team and I agree. I just think people are wishful thinking if they think guys like T.O., CJ etc aren't going to do the same things they have done in the past if things don't go their way. The Giants lost a great talent in Shockey but IMO that made their team chemistry so much better and there is zero doubt Eli played a whole lot better. I just think it's a bad idea to bring another loud mouth me first guy in to rattle him again. It would be a setback for him IMO if they aren't winning games. If they win then it's all good but if they start loosing and he isn't getting the ball then I would be shocked if history doesn't repeate itself.

I enjoy having fun with you HB I hope you know that. I'm done for awhile on this thread. I hope the Giants get CJ..85..Ocho Cinco... Look at me please or whatever he goes by now. I also hope he sets Eli and the Giants back several years:)