The Courier-Journal's Litkenhous Ratings 1-19

I know many will not like these rankings, but I will post them any way.

1.Scott County (12-3) 100.6

2.Elliott County (14-1) 100.3

3.Holmes (16-1) 93.4

4.Eastern (18-1) 92.9

5.Jeffersontown (14-3) 92.7

6.Ballard (13-5) 92.1

7.Boone County (12-3) 89.4

8.Bryan Station (14-3) 89.3

9.Mason County (11-4) 89.2

10.Lexington Catholic (15-4) 88.8

11.Shelby Valley (12-4) 88.6

12.Clark County (15-3) 87.6

13.Corbin (16-2) 86.6

14.Christian County (9-4) 85.6

15.Warren Central (13-3) 84.8

16.Seneca (12-6) 84.7

17.Highlands (12-4) 83.5

18.Scott High (13-4) 83.3

19.Paul Dunbar (10-3) 82.7

20.Madison Central (13-5) 82.5

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These rankings just go to show why you can't put much stock in to computer rankings. Using that formula, both EC and SC would beat Holmes by 7 and Holmes already beat SC.

I also think it's a joke to have Boone ahead of Bryan Station. BS would probably beat Boone by 15+ and J'town beat Eastern by 15 but Eastern is ahead of them. (If anything Ballard should be ahead of J'town since they actually beat them)

Nice to see Highlands and Scott receive some recognition though at #17 and #18, respectively.

:notworthy:

Franklin County played three road games, two shorthanded. One two and lost one to Holmes but by 22 pts. This dropped them off the radar screen?

My only guess is they didn't win their two games by enough points. That's my only logical guess as to why Holmes isn't #1. They've played good competition and won by 10-20 rather than beating inferior opponents by 20 and 30+.

FC is definetly a top 25 team.

These rankings just go to show why you can't put much stock in to computer rankings. Using that formula, both EC and SC would beat Holmes by 7 and Holmes already beat SC.

I also think it's a joke to have Boone ahead of Bryan Station. BS would probably beat Boone by 15+ and J'town beat Eastern by 15 but Eastern is ahead of them. (If anything Ballard should be ahead of J'town since they actually beat them)

Nice to see Highlands and Scott receive some recognition though at #17 and #18, respectively.

One win over a team does not establish that they are the better team. 2 wins over a team is much more convincing.

Didn't Bryan Station beat Holmes this season? I don't understand your logic?